Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I can't wait to blow those 3rd round picks on dline conversion projects :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I note that Philly never gets any of these things, its silly

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
IIRC the Browns 3rd round comp pick goes to NE (Collins trade) and one of the 4ths goes to the Eagles.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

sean10mm posted:

IIRC the Browns 3rd round comp pick goes to NE (Collins trade) and one of the 4ths goes to the Eagles.

Thought we already gave NE a 3rd straight up instead of a comp. What did we owe the eagles a 4th for?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Thought we already gave NE a 3rd straight up instead of a comp. What did we owe the eagles a 4th for?

It was either a 4th if no comp pick or the 3rd round comp if the Browns got one.

No. 2: Cleveland → Philadelphia (PD). Cleveland traded this selection (2nd) and a conditional fifth-round selection in 2017 (this selection would be upgraded to a compensatory fourth-round selection if the Browns receive one in 2017) to Philadelphia in exchange for Philadelphia's first-round, third-round, and fourth-round selections in this years draft (8th, 77th, and 100th) as well as Philadelphia's first-round selection in the 2017 NFL Draft and second-round selection in the 2018 NFL Draft.[source 2]

edit - here are some sources so it's not just me making crap up (this time :haw:)

http://nesn.com/2017/02/jamie-collins-trade-complete-as-patriots-receive-third-round-comp-pick/

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/04/21/browns-will-send-a-fourth-round-compensatory-pick-to-eagles-in-2017/

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 24, 2017

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
No comp pick for Eric Weddle because we decided to sign noted free agent bust Travis Benjamin

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Getting only a fifth for Hayward is some extreme bullshit.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Cleveland back up to a record breaking 16 picks as is stands. I can remember goons saying it wouldn't happen.

16 picks, 16 busts

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Lol the saints have had 10 comp picks since they started doling them out in '94.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Bad Moon posted:

I can't wait to blow those 3rd round picks on dline conversion projects :swoon:

Those two thirds are gonna turn into the best oline made of dline players in the league

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

he's a crab leg stealing womanizer

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chichevache posted:

Figuratively a paper panther, technically a large, black man with an outsized personality that rubs white dudes the wrong way.

Literally don't ever correct me again :colbert:

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a neat cape posted:

No comp pick for Eric Weddle because we decided to sign noted free agent bust Travis Benjamin

We got a comp 4th for a guy we drafted in the 4th. So a wash?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

weird Asian candy posted:

Literally don't ever correct me again :colbert:

Theoretically I shouldn't have to.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

16 picks, 16 busts

HEY! It's 15 I didn't account for the 4th we lost to the Eagles. :colbert:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Chichevache posted:

Theoretically I shouldn't have to.

Eh, realistically it's going to happen.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Ches Neckbeard posted:

HEY! It's 15 I didn't account for the 4th we lost to the Eagles. :colbert:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I can't remember the last time the Raiders had a comp pick

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Blitz7x posted:

I can't remember the last time the Raiders had a comp pick

RIP al davis

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whypick1 posted:

In case server barfs again:

Someone remind me what happened with the * here. What did the Giants do to lose 11 draft spots again?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/20/nfl-issues-fines-degrades-giants-fourth-round-pick-for-walkie-talkie-violation/

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Oh that's right, I'd forgotten all about the walkie talkie thing.

Probably because it happened about the same time as the Wake Forest announcer leaking plays to opponents thing, which was a much more :wtf: story.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Jerome Agricola posted:

Lol the saints have had 10 comp picks since they started doling them out in '94.

I don't remember the last time we had a comp pick and I'm too lazy to Google it. Has to be more than 5 years or so.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

Someone remind me what happened with the * here. What did the Giants do to lose 11 draft spots again?

Used a walkie-talkie during a game to talk to Eli outside of the allowed radio.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Miami ships that pick instead of our higher third

Shocked Miller a 5th wow. At least another 5th for Mathews

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
wow so the giants are cheaters i bet theyve been doing it all along those two rings should go to the patriots 19-0 babayyyy

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

evilweasel posted:

Used a walkie-talkie during a game to talk to Eli outside of the allowed radio.

I wonder if this was one of those away games where it's the 4th quarter, crucial drive and the headsets mysteriously have an issue.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Nope, home game vs. Dallas.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Goddamn you're a moron Blindsite. The headset frequencies are run by the NFL communications staff. Everybody was clutching their pearls in the GDT when the Dolphins had a problem at Foxboro and it turned out that they forgot to charge a battery.

Every time someone mentions this dumb, made up issue we all have to hunt down and repost the same 3 articles about it.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah thats not really it but they had a power issue, similar to what Minnesota had happen at home.

It's a non issue. Unlike the rest of their cheating

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Hey ross I'm at a wedding and one older guy from Nevada knows the Spanos family. He says they're all "loving assholes"

Also he constantly called the raiders the traitors and the niners the whiners.

Guy was like 80 and he loving owned.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah thats not really it but they had a power issue, similar to what Minnesota had happen at home.

It's a non issue. Unlike the rest of their cheating

That's what Tracy Wolfson said during the game and if you disagree you're sexist and maybe racist, unless she's just really tan.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Goddamn you're a moron Blindsite. The headset frequencies are run by the NFL communications staff. Everybody was clutching their pearls in the GDT when the Dolphins had a problem at Foxboro and it turned out that they forgot to charge a battery.

Every time someone mentions this dumb, made up issue we all have to hunt down and repost the same 3 articles about it.

Jesus Christ mate, no need to get cunty. I can't read every post you make correcting the sacrilegious, erroneous assumptions that NFL teams aren't always on the up and up.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

Hey ross I'm at a wedding and one older guy from Nevada knows the Spanos family. He says they're all "loving assholes"

GIve him :10bux: and send him the signup link.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

BlindSite posted:

Jesus Christ mate, no need to get cunty. I can't read every post you make correcting the sacrilegious, erroneous assumptions that NFL teams aren't always on the up and up.

Wait I think this thread got moved to TRP

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FizFashizzle posted:

Uhm, old man mods???

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

FizFashizzle posted:

I want to meet this guy

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mulaney Power Move posted:

he's a crab leg stealing womanizer

So glad we chose Mariota. He's literally the most boring guy but a total class act. Winston is a mess.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Winston telling a new generation of young men don't take no for an answer. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

A friend of mine from my college days inadvertently met an NFL player:

• Locked thread