Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Okay so what's the gimmick for Orochi? I've heard enough people trash this fight to know that it won't be fun to learn.

So far "kill the heads as fast as possible and hope you don't get massacred by offscreen projectiles except for when you do" seems like a pretty primo strategy, as in literally the only one I see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Deified Data posted:

Okay so what's the gimmick for Orochi? I've heard enough people trash this fight to know that it won't be fun to learn.

So far "kill the heads as fast as possible and hope you don't get massacred by offscreen projectiles except for when you do" seems like a pretty primo strategy, as in literally the only one I see.

What I did was use the giant Amrita stones as cover while getting in close to the snake head and bait out the bite. You dodge it, they bite the rock, and the Amrita that comes out goes into the snake head all at once and causes them to OD on Amrita. When they OD on the Amrita, their head flops onto the ground and you can stab the crystal horn they have and do huge damage.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
the centipede is actually really simple when you realize his main attack (following you and chomping) doesnt do that much damage and he stops when he hits you once, even if you block it. so just block and he'll rear up and you can get a few hits in. repeat.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo. I've beat that fight like 3 times and never realized that was a thing.

Edit: amrita overdose, not centepede.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Snak posted:

Holy poo poo. I've beat that fight like 3 times and never realized that was a thing.

Edit: amrita overdose, not centepede.

How did you beat it?

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
The elemental overdose on the amrita fiends is something I only saw on a stream recently.

Any other cool things like that?

(Amrita fiends will blow up when you hit them with their own element enough)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

How did you beat it?

well, the first 3 heads are pretty easy. The first one is by itself, and then the area doesn't open up until you kill the second. Just lots of dodging. And kicking. Basically right after every single attack they do, their neck moves into melee range, so dodge or block, then immediately run up and do kick combos. When their ki bar is empty, they fall down. You should be able to kill a head when it falls, or if not, almost kill it. Once the fight opens up more, just try to move quickly. Moving backward to bate attacks and then running in naturally keeps most projectiles from offscreen missing you. I also used guardian spirit talismans and projectiles. The name of the game is just kill heads as fast as possible, since the faster you kill them, the less poo poo you have to dodge. Oh and I had quickchange talismans.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Snak posted:

well, the first 3 heads are pretty easy. The first one is by itself, and then the area doesn't open up until you kill the second. Just lots of dodging. And kicking. Basically right after every single attack they do, their neck moves into melee range, so dodge or block, then immediately run up and do kick combos. When their ki bar is empty, they fall down. You should be able to kill a head when it falls, or if not, almost kill it. Once the fight opens up more, just try to move quickly. Moving backward to bate attacks and then running in naturally keeps most projectiles from offscreen missing you. I also used guardian spirit talismans and projectiles. The name of the game is just kill heads as fast as possible, since the faster you kill them, the less poo poo you have to dodge. Oh and I had quickchange talismans.

Pretty sure he meant the centipede.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
No, I meant Orochi.

I couldn't pull off the Amrita crystal trick reliably but once you clear out one side of heads it gets more manageable.

E. Lol what is this song in the ending credits

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was a ninja so I just threw 300 kunai at it and it died

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Got to That Fight in the epilogue mission and I'm just going to take a break and weigh my options. Kind of an annoying gauntlet you have to fight just to get back to it, too.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

if you're talking about the three stooges than you should literally just be able to sprint there from the shrine the floor above. also, make sure to break the vats during that fight, the refill your amrita gauge.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is there a trick to battle of ohashi bridge other than just tanking this dumb enemy for 15 minutes? I feel like I could get him but it's just so absurdly unfun. Is there something he is weak to or a way to break his armor or something?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

veni veni veni posted:

Is there a trick to battle of ohashi bridge other than just tanking this dumb enemy for 15 minutes? I feel like I could get him but it's just so absurdly unfun. Is there something he is weak to or a way to break his armor or something?

Knock him off the busted part.

But you don't get his gear that way

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Also what on earth is your av from I have been tryna figure that out forever

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Honestly I stole it off some male fashion forum like 10 years ago where some other guy was using it as an av. I have no idea where it originally came from.

A bunch of people have asked me over the years and tried to internet detective it and no one has found the source. My best guess is that it was from some students photo project or something.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The oggress has some type of gimmick but I don't understand what is was supposed to be as it was so poorly designed she couldn't hit me

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

The oggress has some type of gimmick but I don't understand what is was supposed to be as it was so poorly designed she couldn't hit me

She is the Gaping Dragon of Nioh. She's just not very hard to deal with.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yeah, it's a Souls boss where you hug the rear end for safe free hits, except she is 90% rear end.

Her gimmick is making flowers that fill the arena with yokai realm pools. But she successfully got to that stage a total of one time for me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love the dual swords with raccoon tail sheathes. Looks great with the strategists garb too.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
And that's everything down but the postgame 2-on-1 duels. Not sure if I want to push forward with NG+ or start a new save and experiment with a new build.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Holy fuckin poo poo. The update made it so that consumables go to the storehouse if your inventory is full. And you can go to basic game settings and turn on refilling ammo from storehouse just like elixers do.

Hallelujah

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh poo poo. That's great. Thanks for the heads up.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if you can just buy a fuckton of ammo at once now. That would be nice.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Can you start a new game without overwriting your old one?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Snak posted:

You can't. But that would amount to basically unlimited ammo so I can see why they didn't do that.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

You can't. But that would amount to basically unlimited ammo so I can see why they didn't do that.

I mean you can just buy your max, go to the storehouse, deposit it, go back to the blacksmith and buy more, so.... It's just a pain in the rear end.

I heard that there are only 5 character slots and when you make your 6th one it overwrites your oldest character with no warning. Other people have reported glitches were creating a new character overerites an existing one...

So in theory, but gently caress risking it until that poo poo is ironed out.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Thought I'd check my death stats. Umi-Bozu got me the most out of all bosses. Mitsunari was probably second. I'd say I beat 80% of them in one attempt.

Wheel Monks were my most hated foe. God, it's like Team Ninja looked at how From nerfed their wheel skellies and decided to one-up even the originals.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

I love the dual swords with raccoon tail sheathes. Looks great with the strategists garb too.

If you look closely at the forging materials it needs you'll see what they're actually made of.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Deified Data posted:

Thought I'd check my death stats. Umi-Bozu got me the most out of all bosses. Mitsunari was probably second. I'd say I beat 80% of them in one attempt.

Wheel Monks were my most hated foe. God, it's like Team Ninja looked at how From nerfed their wheel skellies and decided to one-up even the originals.

Wheel Monks can be dealt with easily enough if you wait for either their rush or their breath attack, circle around behind them and then slice them in the Amrita eye. It'll stun them and let you whale on them for a bit.

They're a nightmare in close quarters though because they can gently caress you up just by moving around.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

veni veni veni posted:

Honestly I stole it off some male fashion forum like 10 years ago where some other guy was using it as an av. I have no idea where it originally came from.

A bunch of people have asked me over the years and tried to internet detective it and no one has found the source. My best guess is that it was from some students photo project or something.

nice

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

veni veni veni posted:

yeah you can, peeve bought 999.
but the feature wasn't implemented yet.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Snak posted:

You can! You can buy 999 arrows now!

veni veni veni posted:

You can, you just have to press L3 so that you're buying things to send them to the storehouse, not to your inventory. :)

Archer / Gunner builds go!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Marogareh posted:

If you look closely at the forging materials it needs you'll see what they're actually made of.

Want to just tell me instead?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna guess ballsacks.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Big old hairy spider legs. I do love the web motif on the guard but the scabbard kinda ruins it for me.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Marogareh posted:

Big old hairy spider legs. I do love the web motif on the guard but the scabbard kinda ruins it for me.

the furry ones? they're the best by far. what motif on the guard?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I think they are really cool scabbards and I usually enjoy more plain jane looking stuff in games. That was the best mission reward. I've been looking for dual fire swords the whole game and not only did I get it, but they look really interesting. I've got Geralt running around with that, strategists gear (well the look anyways) and one of those guard rice paddy hats. He looks pretty tits right now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I replaced my sword visually with the wooden sword and never looked back. I will replace my weapons with the dumbest poo poo in these games because nothing is more embarrassing to my enemies than being killed with a kendo sword by a dude wearing a demon's head on top of his own head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

What an unbelievably huge pain in the dick trying to farm obsidian armor is.