Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
My experience is that rich old southern men amass dozens of visors out of nothing. Spurrier's probably got like 40 visors he doesn't remember buying jammed in various closets throughout his house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don't care if I saw Jesus wearing a Sooner hat I would say "the gently caress is that hat Jesdog"

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

No poo poo I thought that was Barry Switzer for a minute

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Anals of History posted:

Jon Reschke officially leaves the team. The Freep article lines up with the rumors posted earlier that he went apeshit and said some awful (racist) stuff to an ex-teammate.

That's our best linebacker. Truly a tremendous time to be a Spartan fan.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA DT Trent Thompson has officially withdrawn from classes this semester (forever?) after having a severe medical issue. He was found wandering the street and incoherent. He tested negative for the usual suspects of drugs and alcohol, so who knows whats going on. Wish him the best for wherever he ends up, if he ends up anywhere

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

FizFashizzle posted:

My girlfriend who knew people: he would call it a "pelvic adjustment" :stonk:

In case you havent noticed the past few years sports involving children are pretty horrific

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

In case you havent noticed the past few years sports involving children are pretty horrific

The past few years have just confirmed or brought to light what most knew anyway which is that it's always been going on. We're finally in a place in history where we don't just brush it aside, bury it, and ignore it (well, most of us).

I mean for Christ's sake, we were 2 strokes away from having a pedophile as president a decade ago. These people are, sadly, everywhere. All we can do is be vigilant and teach kids how to respond if that stuff happens to them.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Hell, the current president is known to have creeped on 15-16 year old girls who competed in the teen beauty pageants he ran and nobody's taken him to task on that so yeah

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

That's a hell of a title

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

That's a hell of a title

yospos bicth

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Anals of History posted:

Based on the now-former MSU gymnastics coach was a woman who strongly defended these "medical things," I think you can swap "guy" with "one."

A "proven medical treatment".

Also, I visited Penn State this week, and so many things about the hero worship there make sense now.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

KKKLIP ART posted:

UGA DT Trent Thompson has officially withdrawn from classes this semester (forever?) after having a severe medical issue. He was found wandering the street and incoherent. He tested negative for the usual suspects of drugs and alcohol, so who knows whats going on. Wish him the best for wherever he ends up, if he ends up anywhere

UGA is calling the incident an adverse reaction to medications.

He's apparently been hospitalized fairly recently for whatever the medical issue is.

Oddly, Thompson apparently told police he had taken OxyContin, though toxicology for that came up negative.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

RC and Moon Pie posted:

UGA is calling the incident an adverse reaction to medications.

He's apparently been hospitalized fairly recently for whatever the medical issue is.

Oddly, Thompson apparently told police he had taken OxyContin, though toxicology for that came up negative.

Yeah it is a strange story. The AJC UGA blog there were some nagging injury things as well as him taking the departure of Tracy Rocker (DL coach) pretty hard. Apparently Rocker hasn't reached out to any of the kids to even say bye, just dipped, and Thompson really looked at Rocker like a father stand in and maybe there were some feelings of abandonment.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Wasn't Thompson like the #1 recruit 2 years ago? That's a weirdo story.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Yeah I think of the 2015 class he was top overall.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
For the record SpurDogs kid is a GA at OU which explains the visor.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Did anyone post this yet

https://twitter.com/antwanstaley/status/835529898190077952

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

boomer

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Lmao

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Nice. Confirmation that he is actually 6'1"

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Nice. Confirmation that he is actually 6'1"

when you get booked, they don't actually measure and weigh you. They just take your word for it unless you say something totally outlandish

source: I work on police booking computers for a living

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Sooner

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Gonna play for OU you gotta have a rap sheet. Love my sooners!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Pakled posted:

Hell, the current president is known to have creeped on 15-16 year old girls who competed in the teen beauty pageants he ran and nobody's taken him to task on that so yeah

Well yeah, but I'm going to take the bold stance of "saying creepy things" being somewhat less severe than "inserting your fingers into people's sex organs under the guise of medical treatment"

It's horrifying that this person rose to such prominence for so long before someone did something about it. MSU gets the attention in a college football thread obviously, but what the hell was the rest of the world doing?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/jake_trotter/status/835537546230784001

By actually tackling Mayfield this cop becomes the instant favorite for Big 12 defensive player of the year

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Let's see who's gonna need to play the first half of the season opener against UTEP...

Oh cool, Kyler Murray.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That cop owns.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
This joking tweet is probably really accurate

https://twitter.com/rabroom50/status/835556592284217345

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/jake_trotter/status/835537546230784001

By actually tackling Mayfield this cop becomes the instant favorite for Big 12 defensive player of the year

sign him up Gundy

He's a man, he may or may not be 40

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
1 game seems fine for public intox tbh

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

MourningView posted:

1 game seems fine for public intox tbh

Yea but being embarrassed by a cop is worth another or two.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
How the gently caress is Baker Mayfield still in college?

CrumFUNist!
Nov 27, 2005

Once again he struggles outside of the Big 12.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Crotch Bat posted:

Yea but being embarrassed by a cop is worth another or two.
He didn't want to take a sack, so he ran away and took an even worse sack instead. He has a bright future with the 49ers.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

CrumFUNist! posted:

This is his first loss against the SEC???

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

CrumFUNist! posted:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/oldrowsports/status/835581464167219200

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble

"What this doesn't look like much is happe- OHHHHHHHHHHHHH poo poo" -Me

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Lmao he did it have a good night it seems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Bouncer made that suplex look casual. Love a good IRL suplex.

Also, goddamn at the angle/point of impact. Both of those guys got real lucky.

• Locked thread