Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Resident Evil - The Final Chapter just opened with a 33 million opening day in China (Fifth best ever) , so they will propably make more movies.

lomzus fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Feb 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

lomzus posted:

Resident Evil - The Final Chapter just opened with a 33 million opening day in China (Fifth best ever) , so they will propably make more movies.

Erm, but it's called the FINAL Chapter???

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dissapointed Owl posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XV

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

Dissapointed Owl posted:

The last line of the movie is "My name is Alice and my work is not done"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I have only seen the first RE movie, has Alice gone to space yet?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

They made 3 more after the one called Extinction.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Next movie is the start of a new book? :eng99:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

How many Friday the 13th films followed the Final Chapter?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter was the fourth movie in a series that's had twelve films and a television series

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

I have only seen the first RE movie, has Alice gone to space yet?

I also have only seen RE1 and would like to know when Alice will be going to 'the hood'

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

syscall girl posted:

I also have only seen RE1 and would like to know when Alice will be going to 'the hood'

Public Housing Resident Evil: Eviction

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter was the fourth movie in a series that's had twelve films and a television series

The tv series had nothing to do with the movies.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
12 movies, several video games, a TV series and a day.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Baron von Eevl posted:

12 movies, several video games, a TV series and a day.

Sometimes more than one!

quote:

In 2017, it occurs twice, on January 13 and October 13. There will be two Friday the 13ths per year until 2020.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
There's only been 11 ( ten if you discount Jason's appearance in part 1, but then this was dream so) films though that feature Jason .

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azPVumixZuE

Fullmetal Alchemist Teaser

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

quote:

Published on Nov 16, 2016

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

A Japanese kid as my magic Nazi war hero? Well I never.

Seriously though, I'm down for magic and and rock dogs.

I mean, I know time feels like it passes differently in the era of Trump, but that's only three months ago.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Just saw an article about how Jurassic World 2 has started filming, and I've been shaken into a realization.

Jurassic World would have been seriously improved - and, indeed, would have been a great and deeply hilarious movie - if there had been no dinosaur escape or action or horror or death or anything in it. Sure, put in a lot of false starts, to convince the audience that the dinosaurs are going to break out at any moment and start eating people, but never actually have it happen. Really hammer in the theme that people are bored with dinosaurs now because they're just weird animals that are totally capable of being held in captivity, by never having a dinosaur break out and start eating people to shake the fictional audience out of that boredom. Just have the movie be two hours of mundane slice of life poo poo with some dinosaurs in the background that keep almost breaking out but always having the problem caught in time by the wacky but competent Jurassic World staff. It'd be the greatest joke ever played on audiences in Hollywood history.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

21 Muns posted:

Just saw an article about how Jurassic World 2 has started filming, and I've been shaken into a realization.

Jurassic World would have been seriously improved - and, indeed, would have been a great and deeply hilarious movie - if there had been no dinosaur escape or action or horror or death or anything in it. Sure, put in a lot of false starts, to convince the audience that the dinosaurs are going to break out at any moment and start eating people, but never actually have it happen. Really hammer in the theme that people are bored with dinosaurs now because they're just weird animals that are totally capable of being held in captivity, by never having a dinosaur break out and start eating people to shake the fictional audience out of that boredom. Just have the movie be two hours of mundane slice of life poo poo with some dinosaurs in the background that keep almost breaking out but always having the problem caught in time by the wacky but competent Jurassic World staff. It'd be the greatest joke ever played on audiences in Hollywood history.

I'm sure that that would have tested well with focus groups

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Improbable Lobster posted:

I'm sure that that would have tested well with focus groups

I would really enjoy that, but I doubt it'd make a billion dollars.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

21 Muns posted:

Jurassic World would have been seriously improved - and, indeed, would have been a great and deeply hilarious movie - if there had been no dinosaur escape or action or horror or death or anything in it. Sure, put in a lot of false starts, to convince the audience that the dinosaurs are going to break out at any moment and start eating people, but never actually have it happen.

No dinosaurs break out in Jurassic World.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

21 Muns posted:

I don't know much about it (what I've heard was mostly negative), but there was a game called Operation Genesis that was literally this concept.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

I don't know much about it (what I've heard was mostly negative), but there was a game called Operation Genesis that was literally this concept.

Even that game occasionally had you firing tranq darts at escaped dinosaurs from a chopper.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

21 Muns posted:

Look Jenkins, another case of reefer madness!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Trump posted:

"This video produced in partnership with 20th Century Fox"

It really can't be made more clear.

I'd swear that that line wasn't there yesterday.

Oh well.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

The MSJ posted:

Even that game occasionally had you firing tranq darts at escaped dinosaurs from a chopper.

Only if you were stupid cheap on the fencing

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

21 Muns posted:

Jurassic Park is more about industrial diasters than scientific diasters, despite Micheal Criton's dim awareness. The plot is that the rich gently caress is too cheap to run his own zoo. Turning the terror into an investment not returning an appropreate level of profits is pretty funny but its not what most of the audience is expecting. Spielburg fashioned a tense intresting film and a sequel is expected to be similar but better because what the hell else should people expect. Abandoning the qualities of the first film intentionally doesn't win you any points. Ask the Jaws sequels for further details.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

21 Muns posted:

This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MisterBibs posted:

Its a good little game when you mod the files so you get rid of a lot of the dumb restrictions and caps the game puts in.

Now Zoo Tycoon: Dinosaur Digs is a Dinosaur Zoo Simulator to set your watch to.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The thing is, I can see his point. It would've been interesting to see a Jurassic Park where poo poo worked. The thing is, though, Jurassic Park is first-and-foremost a We Tampered In God's Domain property. One way or another, the park must fail, because that's why we're there. Interesting is just interesting.

JW had a clever twist to to things. We're presented with what should be considered an impossibility: a successful Jurassic Park. Turns out, you can totally tamper in God's domain, as long as you do it right. Control isn't an illusion like Ellie says, control is something you have to plan and constantly maintain. It's not impossible or inevitable, it's just really really hard. It's when the Park owners get too far out ahead of their skis - say, injecting human raptor DNA into a T-Rex with a bunch of other things - do things begin to fail.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The only actor they brought back was BD Wong and they went and made him a dick on top of that.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Casimir Radon posted:

The only actor they brought back was BD Wong and they went and made him a dick on top of that.

He was a dick, but twenty years older, and also not wrong.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

Only if you were stupid cheap on the fencing

The real monster is once again capitalism.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

MisterBibs posted:

The thing is, I can see his point. It would've been interesting to see a Jurassic Park where poo poo worked.

Not for two hours. Might as well just watch someone else's video of their trip to disneytown.

Byzantine posted:

No dinosaurs break out in Jurassic World.

Maybe if you're a humongous pedant

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Not for two hours. Might as well just watch someone else's video of their trip to disneytown.

It'd be a movie where the twist is that you just spent two hours watching the fictional equivalent of someone else's trip to disneytown.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

achillesforever6 posted:

Its a good little game when you mod the files so you get rid of a lot of the dumb restrictions and caps the game puts in.

Now Zoo Tycoon: Dinosaur Digs is a Dinosaur Zoo Simulator to set your watch to.

Dinopark Tycoon

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Beachcomber posted:

Dinopark Tycoon

How corporate synergy failed to bring this to fruition is beyond me.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

That's what I meant by "Interesting is interesting". Sure, it's a fun little concept, but not for two hours in a movie. Hell, I think the idea of a successful JP works best in a video game situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I couldn't be worse than what we got.

• Locked thread