Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

no money to leave

no money to stay

and the only people you're willing to vote for want to spigot the rest of your pennies out of the county and rip apart your safety net.

its a tragic aspect of any democratic system. some people are going to vote agaisnt their own interests time and time again and there is nothing you can do to convince them otherwise, all you can do is try to drag them along for the ride as they fight you every step of the way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/835279930543984642
oh fatherland, fatherland
show us the sign
your children have waited to see
the morning will come when the world is mine
tomorrow belongs to meeeeeeeeee

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

C-Euro posted:

It is, plus said labmate got his PhD and I didn't so he was probably doing it right

Are there any acceptable cocktails w/ bourbon or should I keep drinking it straight

GoodDank dog

Manhattan or old fashioned are both good and easy to make to your tastes at home

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

babypolis posted:

its a tragic aspect of any democratic system. some people are going to vote agaisnt their own interests time and time again and there is nothing you can do to convince them otherwise, all you can do is try to drag them along for the ride as they fight you every step of the way

yep. no way around it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

babypolis posted:

shame trump wants to poo poo all over that but at the same time i wanna see texans deal with destroying their own economy with their moron votes
believe me, talking to texan conservative trumpites is an extra level of jackie-chan-wtf meme because the economy would be devastated were immigrants to be expelled and a trade war with mexico were to begin. this isn't the rust belt where cutting off your own arm in desperation at not wanting a clinton in the white house is at least understandable. here it's just dumb.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
I asked a bunch of bourbon Qs in the last thread and y'all gave me good advice which I failed to copy elsewhere and now it's locked :negative:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

VectorSigma posted:

unicode has runes fyi

unicode had undeciphered scripts in like linear a which owns bones

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Zeroisanumber posted:

We have to start teaching kids that it's OK to beat the poo poo out of people who do this.

During my senior year in high school all the boys were locked out of the bathrooms because one of them (no one knew who) kept taking giant shits in the middle of the bathroom floor and smearing it around. I'm pretty sure the guys would have curbstomped him if they could. We never figured out who the Unipooper was though

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

C-Euro posted:

I asked a bunch of bourbon Qs in the last thread and y'all gave me good advice which I failed to copy elsewhere and now it's locked :negative:

Evan Williams white label

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

babypolis posted:

resurrect sherman imho :sherman:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

honestly just permanently revoke the voting rights of anyone who voted for trump

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Wikkheiser posted:

believe me, talking to texan conservative trumpites is an extra level of jackie-chan-wtf meme because the economy would be devastated were immigrants to be expelled and a trade war with mexico were to begin. this isn't the rust belt where cutting off your own arm in desperation at not wanting a clinton in the white house is at least understandable. here it's just dumb.

it's dumb in the rust belt too, to be fair

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

Evan Williams white label

whoa, green label

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Plinkey posted:

whoa, green label

also good but white label isn't much more and is bottled in bond

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

C-Euro posted:

search bourbon intitle:trump

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796979&pagenumber=6121&perpage=40#post469293825

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Got another trump campaign email. trump is going to "campaign" for the next 4 years. fucl you.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

Got another trump campaign email. trump is going to "campaign" for the next 4 years. fucl you.

donald dump

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Epic High Five posted:

also good but white label isn't much more and is bottled in bond

yeah, that's true, i just like that sweet aftertaste of the green, all EW is within like $5

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Wikkheiser posted:

watching the texas economy implode from the trade war would be interesting to see

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

i can't get this song out of my head for some reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyrRYIrhLL0

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
we should just agree that the united states was a good time while it lasted, but now it's over

every state go off on ur own, make up whatever confederacies u need on the way, let's give everybody a 5-year window of free migration, then we're done as a union

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Duscat posted:

we should just agree that the united states was a good time while it lasted, but now it's over

every state go off on ur own, make up whatever confederacies u need on the way, let's give everybody a 5-year window of free migration, then we're done as a union

who gets the military? obviously they're overwhelmingly Republican, but without mega economy blue states they couldn't afford it

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Duscat posted:

this means that the deep red states become third world countries

so excited for civil war 2

Epic High Five posted:

who gets the military? obviously they're overwhelmingly Republican, but without mega economy blue states they couldn't afford it
multinational megacorporations

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

watching the texas economy implode from the trade war would be interesting to see

texas is one of the least trumpist states, along with all the other border states, when it comes to his ethnic cleansing policies

Telephones
Apr 28, 2013
My Hot Take for the day is that Trump :sad::sad::sad: is a big fat Dummy!

:dong:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Thanks chief

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Duscat posted:

then the free-roaming military kills everyone

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Duscat posted:

texas is one of the least trumpist states, along with all the other border states, when it comes to his ethnic cleansing policies

"least on-board with ethnic cleansing" isn't a particularly good spot on the ol' trophy case

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Yinlock posted:

then the free-roaming military kills everyone
kind of hard to do that when you're not being paid

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe
srsly though how are we gonna have a country when half of us get our news from fake news

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Duscat posted:

Squizzle posted:

i have a plan to put philadelphia and parts of nj onti a flying platform w lazor cannons and hover around the wastes stealing whisky, in post trump america

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Agrajag posted:

it's not just the hit on texan exports (36.1% of which go to mexico), but all the food coming from mexico becomes more expensive. and the trucking industry through the state is enormous, which has knock-on effects throughout the economy if that collapses. meanwhile, there's already a serious labor shortage in construction, and oil & gas projects are not being built because there's not enough craftsmen to build everything from parking lots to rooftops and scaffolding.

it'll be bad but it'll be hilarious though

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Yinlock posted:

"least on-board with ethnic cleansing" isn't a particularly good spot on the ol' trophy case

no, i'm saying texans actually know trump's plans are stupid

nopants
May 29, 2004

Big Fat Iguana posted:

During my senior year in high school all the boys were locked out of the bathrooms because one of them (no one knew who) kept taking giant shits in the middle of the bathroom floor and smearing it around. I'm pretty sure the guys would have curbstomped him if they could. We never figured out who the Unipooper was though

My first year in college, I lived in a dorm. Somebody kept making GBS threads in public areas, including the public/rec area for mt floor. I am 99% sure it was one of two twins that was a best friend of my roommate.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

actually it becomes super easy when you only have a shitload of weapons and nothing else

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

My plan is to be a laserologist in Phlying Philly

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Yinlock posted:

actually it becomes super easy when you only have a shitload of weapons and nothing else
that didn't work for david koresh

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Duscat posted:

no, i'm saying texans actually know trump's plans are stupid
i think they do... but the texas GOP like the republican party elsewhere has gotten into such a behavorial sink the past few years that i'm not so sure anymore.

trump did, however, do much worse than a republican would normally do here. granted, he still won.

i suspect the most extreme anti-immigrant sentiment is in other parts of the country that hadn't seen much immigration until relatively recently.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Actually that's when it's extremely easy. Makes "requistioning" supplies that much easier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Actually that's when it's extremely easy. Makes "requistioning" supplies that much easier
I can't wait to see how they feed themselves after they kill all the people who could farm then

"long pork is back on the menu boys"

• Locked thread