Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magres
Jul 14, 2011

xthnru posted:

Good reset, SFD!

oh hey related to that, definitely reposting my screencaps from when i made fun of him for believing in pizzagate

btw if you really really want to make him upset, send him a slice of pizza and something along the lines of "John Podesta sends his regards"

also jfc does he tell everyone his character backstories, when he was rambling about pizzagate he went on and on about how his characters were badass edgelords who will slit your throat for looking at them funny BUT EVEN THEY HAVE STANDARDS MAN THEYD NEVER TOUCH KIDS

dude is really really unwell :(

Magres fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

thanks alot assbag posted:

I was on their friends list because i made fun of their character and they thanked me and decided to tell me the character's entire backstory and ask me to rate them and give fashion and story advice

edit: why am i suddenly having trouble posting an image
You're trying to link the imgur page instead of the sharing link of http://i.imgur.com/3aUSwpY.jpg, like so;

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Hope you're prepared Illuyankas. :wave:

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden

where the red fern gropes posted:

i have no idea how we ever became T1 but it happened after xushin stopped commanding

But wasn't that because he loaned 15k gold to buy legendaries to bribe SEA guilds to transfer? Then he just started farming to recoup that money

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Kessel posted:

qT's condi engi updated his DPS video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5jcpc5AOiw

Takeaways: you can probably skip flamethrower 2

I suspected that the cast time of FT 2 would be clunky for a rotation, but not so much that it would be skipped entirely. Ouch.

Kazoo
Apr 22, 2009

Ghostpilot posted:

I suspected that the cast time of FT 2 would be clunky for a rotation, but not so much that it would be skipped entirely. Ouch.

I find the only reliable way to use it is to get in the hit box and double tap 2 to guarantee both skills hit. It might be worth using when you can do that, but I'm not really sure.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Kazoo posted:

I find the only reliable way to use it is to get in the hit box and double tap 2 to guarantee both skills hit. It might be worth using when you can do that, but I'm not really sure.

The detonation still has a blast radius, so you can still do it from range: fire it, let it roll through the target's hitbox, then detonate. The problem is that this is 1) far easier on targets with large hitboxes, but condi engi is otherwise useful primarily against small hitboxes, and 2) while you're waiting for the ball to roll through you're not doing anything else, which is a DPS loss.

Lugi's still correct, though - you'll almost certainly get a DPS gain in practical terms by just ignoring the skill altogether. There's enough other poo poo to keep track of anyway.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Is whomever used to run those elite unlock trains still doing those? That's been my main hangup in playing more GW2 for ages because I'm a dumb rear end in a top hat who thinks stupid things about grinding.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
EDIT: I didnt finish reading

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

MacBook Air Gamer posted:

All the order mentors are great, Tybalt is just the cutest one that's all.

Tybalt is an arc where you are basically not the main character. It's about tybalt overcoming his self-doubt and coming into his own. The other two felt too much like it was about your and your mentor sidekicks.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Orv posted:

Is whomever used to run those elite unlock trains still doing those? That's been my main hangup in playing more GW2 for ages because I'm a dumb rear end in a top hat who thinks stupid things about grinding.

Yessir.

Every Tuesday, one hour after reset.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

CLAM DOWN posted:

It was a pretty big hit! We killed a boss! And learned a lot, and it was ridiculously laid back and casual. I think this is definitely going to be a regular thing, Thursday nights at 9pm Pacific. See you next week!

How do I get in on this?

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

lucifirius posted:

How do I get in on this?

Check the SFD forum and join the raid steam group.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
am i totally hosed for participating with goons in this game if i don't have the expansion

I just found it in a box from when it first came out and have been playing but don't have the 50 bones to drop on HoT yet

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Legs Benedict posted:

am i totally hosed for participating with goons in this game if i don't have the expansion

I just found it in a box from when it first came out and have been playing but don't have the 50 bones to drop on HoT yet

You can do everything except raids with goons.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Keegers posted:

You can do everything except raids with goons.

sweet.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i see there's some lava lounge pack with one of the LS things bundled in. is that worth it?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

i see there's some lava lounge pack with one of the LS things bundled in. is that worth it?

If you want a pass to one of the 1%er areas, Lava Lounge is a good one imo, right behind the original Divinity's Reach one.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
So apparently Mystic Coins are worth a whole hell of a lot compared to when I last played. I have over 200 stockpiled and may as well just sell them. All I can find is that they are used for some guild boosts.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Ragequit posted:

So apparently Mystic Coins are worth a whole hell of a lot compared to when I last played. I have over 200 stockpiled and may as well just sell them. All I can find is that they are used for some guild boosts.

i need coins and will pay bottom dollar for them, we could dodge some trading post fees

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

If you want a pass to one of the 1%er areas, Lava Lounge is a good one imo, right behind the original Divinity's Reach one.

What makes it a good one? They're allt he same, right? Super densely packed special areas with every amenity?

It basically means if I wanna do sale things and use the bank I'd click a thing to go there and have it all next to each other and convenient and minimize running around?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

What makes it a good one? They're allt he same, right? Super densely packed special areas with every amenity?

It basically means if I wanna do sale things and use the bank I'd click a thing to go there and have it all next to each other and convenient and minimize running around?

I go by two things, layout and looks. The Lava Lounge and DR area look the best and have the best layouts of stuff imo. And really, the different layouts save you a couple seconds at most. Go by looks alone :D

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

I go by two things, layout and looks. The Lava Lounge and DR area look the best and have the best layouts of stuff imo. And really, the different layouts save you a couple seconds at most. Go by looks alone :D

i bought the thing and went in it and it was really good and convenient and cool

and then i realized it was a clever ploy to get me to buy a shared slot beyond the freebie with HoT

gently caress.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Ragequit posted:

They are needed for making mystic clovers which are needed to make legendary weapons. Don't sell if you see yourself ever getting one of those.

Aug 24, 2011

contrarywise if you do want to sell them, sell them to me so we can both lose less money

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the replies.

where the red fern gropes posted:

contrarywise if you do want to sell them, sell them to me so we can both lose less money

Yeah I don't ever see myself dedicating the time to get a Legendary, so I am down for helping another goon out. I'll get in touch this evening.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Ragequit posted:

FWIW, gold depreciates pretty rapidly in this game, so if you don't need to sell them to use for something now, it's probably better to hold onto them until you actually do need to liquidate. Also they're used for Mystic Clovers as mentioned and every Mystic Forge weapon. You can just buy those off the TP, tho.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I'm thinking of buying the expansion and boosting a warrior (I have an 80 engineer but I'm looking for kind of an easier class). Anyone know of any sales? It looks like I could get a physical copy for around $30.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I'm thinking of buying the expansion and boosting a warrior (I have an 80 engineer but I'm looking for kind of an easier class). Anyone know of any sales? It looks like I could get a physical copy for around $30.

according to isthereanydeal.com, it's $30 here: http://www.dlgamer.us/download-guild_wars_2_heart_of_thorns-pc_games-p-29808.html

i have never used this site, ever, but it's supported by the deal site so it's probably legit.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Tsurupettan posted:

according to isthereanydeal.com, it's $30 here: http://www.dlgamer.us/download-guild_wars_2_heart_of_thorns-pc_games-p-29808.html

i have never used this site, ever, but it's supported by the deal site so it's probably legit.

Thanks. Unfortunately it looks like the boosters are disabled for now anyway. Must have been some kind of bug or exploit.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
The HoT 80 booster is intended as a bonus for purchasing it and should still be available.

E: Reading the forum it looks like they're just disabled and should be back soon? No idea, actually.
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/news/Level-80-boost-item-temporarily-disabled

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 26, 2017

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
There was a bug where free to play accounts were getting the booster.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Tsurupettan posted:

DLGamer is legit, it's some french site. Getting a key through them takes a day or two because they do a lot of anti-fraud stuff, but they are an official partner listed on the shop section of guildwars2.com

Aug 24, 2011

Ragequit posted:

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah I don't ever see myself dedicating the time to get a Legendary, so I am down for helping another goon out. I'll get in touch this evening.

i don't know what your in game name is, my account is Dreggon.6598

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Joined in for a few attempts at Cairn the Underwhelming Tediously Boring Bad Mechanic'd Indomitable on Saturday, first ever proper go at a raid boss and it was pretty much fine, going to assume that - as I think I was the only new person there - I was probably solely responsible for us not killing it that time (we did get it to 1% one go, with some incredible downed-state play) but it's definitely totally reasonable as a boss. I'll just try to be not downed or ported to the far edge for SYG during those spinning sweep moves next time (no promises).

Did you guys get on alright after I had to head off? I've only just got back home today.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Cairn is basically a survival fight. Any group with reasonable damage will beat the enrage timer (and you've probably seen the video of the fucker soloing the boss for four hours plus) and the most important things are:
- if you have the cooties don't give it to your teammates
- the sweep and the expanding ring are the most dangerous because they can shove you off the platform

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

Illuyankas posted:

Joined in for a few attempts at Cairn the Underwhelming Tediously Boring Bad Mechanic'd Indomitable on Saturday, first ever proper go at a raid boss and it was pretty much fine, going to assume that - as I think I was the only new person there - I was probably solely responsible for us not killing it that time (we did get it to 1% one go, with some incredible downed-state play) but it's definitely totally reasonable as a boss. I'll just try to be not downed or ported to the far edge for SYG during those spinning sweep moves next time (no promises).

Did you guys get on alright after I had to head off? I've only just got back home today.

We managed to kill it on yesterday's raid in a reasonably good time. It's a shame you didn't get to see the two bosses coming after this one because they are by far my favourite fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Nice (gently caress it was me all along :gonk:), I'll do my best to make the time so I can see and die horribly to them and more raids in general, real life permitting.

Illuyankas fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Feb 27, 2017

• Locked thread