Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Just wanna say I'm jacked as gently caress to play this loving game. I haven't been this excited for a video game in forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/24/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-hands-on-preview-eye-opener-6470487/

"One fight with a giant in a forest saw a tree get knocked down with an errant bomb blast, at which point the monster decided to pick up the fallen trunk and start using it as a cudgel."

"if you have an Octo Balloon (from killing an Octorock) you can tie a bomb to it and have it float towards higher up enemies – and use a Korok Leaf to waft it on its way."

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I'm going to pick this up for the Wii U but should I try to find a Wii U used for cheap or just buy a refurbished one from Nintendo for $200 and still get a 1-year warranty?

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Apparently someone got the Zelda: Breath of the Wild amiibo and it's up on ebay already
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162408845698?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Valicious posted:

Apparently someone got the Zelda amiibo and it's up on ebay already
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162408845698?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

That guy's wall... :eyepop:

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The first review is out: Edge magazine gave it 10/10.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

Nice.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Comrade Fakename posted:

Same score they gave to Skyward Sword though...

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Hedrigall posted:

Ah, so they do have good taste.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Hedrigall posted:

Not to mention Ocarina of Time. It's that old of a magazine.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sam Faust posted:

Ah, so they do have good taste.

Skyward Sword is maybe the worst Nintendo game ever made.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Steve2911 posted:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Rexroom posted:

Not to mention Ocarina of Time. It's that old of a magazine.

That's old. Probably the oldest magazine even.

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all
I can see why they gave skyward sword, containing the best dungeons in the series to date, and links best friend grouse, a 10

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

a.lo posted:

That's old. Probably the oldest magazine even.

Famitsu is a decade older.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Federation Force is a game nobody asked for but it's perfectly fine.

Nintendo's released a few genuine stinkers this gen, like Bad Animal Crossing Board Game and Bad Chibi Robo Platformer.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Steve2911 posted:

I forgot how bad some people's opinions are

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah but how could you review video games professionally, play through the forced stealth in Skyward Sword, spend any time flying around the BIG BROWN SKY (this will bother me forever, why are the clouds so brooooown), and still say "Yeah this game is perfect, everything is great!"

Like if you'd said 8/10 I'd be optimistic, but SS getting a 'perfect' score screams "corporate shill" to me.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Edge peaked at the girl issue but their reviews have always been wank. They don't give out 9s or 10s that easily though.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Glorious

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I think Edge has only given out 15-20 tens in their entire history. I certainly don't agree with all of them (LittleBigPlanet lol) but they do not give that score lightly.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah but how could you review video games professionally, play through the forced stealth in Skyward Sword, spend any time flying around the BIG BROWN SKY (this will bother me forever, why are the clouds so brooooown), and still say "Yeah this game is perfect, everything is great!"

Like if you'd said 8/10 I'd be optimistic, but SS getting a 'perfect' score screams "corporate shill" to me.

Maybe it's because different people can have different opinions and reactions to stuff?

The solution is easy. Don't justify spending money based on a single review and wait until an ageriate score has been determined. Or find a reviewer that you trust and see what they think. Or just ignore reviews and determine if the potential risks are worth the asking price.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/Nelsormensch/status/835257665617997825

Wendell
May 11, 2003

What in the world is RAT LEAN?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
You probably have to take in account the context of the time Skyward Sword was released. Compared to the games released back then, it was something truly revolutionary.

Maybe. I don't remember.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Hedrigall posted:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/24/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-hands-on-preview-eye-opener-6470487/

"One fight with a giant in a forest saw a tree get knocked down with an errant bomb blast, at which point the monster decided to pick up the fallen trunk and start using it as a cudgel."

"if you have an Octo Balloon (from killing an Octorock) you can tie a bomb to it and have it float towards higher up enemies – and use a Korok Leaf to waft it on its way."

Stuff like this makes me believe delaying the game to continue work on the physics engine was the right move. How awesome :)

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wendell posted:

What in the world is RAT LEAN?

No clue, google isn't helping either it just comes back with obese rats.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Rexroom posted:

You probably have to take in account the context of the time Skyward Sword was released. Compared to the games released back then, it was something truly revolutionary.

Maybe. I don't remember.

If by revolutionary you mean barely playable yes I agree.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Steve2911 posted:

If by revolutionary you mean barely playable yes I agree.

If you don't have control of your basic motor functions I guess it was barely playable?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I'm so excited for this game it's actually getting me aroused.

https://twitter.com/ziegsden/status/835211045799137281

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

"It's a Nintendo, right? It ought to work. :v:"

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

No clue, google isn't helping either it just comes back with obese rats.

those fat rats in washington

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I wanna hug Lonely Arrow Girl.

Let me hug every npc Nintendo please

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rexroom posted:

Maybe. I don't remember.

Definitely not

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Shoehead posted:

I wanna hug Lonely Arrow Girl.

Let me hug every npc Nintendo please

She wants more than hugs, bro! You're not very good at reading signals.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Hey there lonely arrow girl
My only arrow girl
Can't you see this lonely arrow boy loves you?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Wendell posted:

She wants more than hugs, bro! You're not very good at reading signals.

More than a hug?! Do I have to carry her arrows to class now? She's smothering me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011

Rexroom posted:

Maybe. I don't remember.

It still blows my mind they made you visit the same three locations for a third time. Game needed a fourth area so bad.

I love that clip in that video where you get the beetle and a text blob explains it and Fi immediately comes up to explain it again for some reason and then the camera makes sure to pan to where you have to use it.