Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I love this page

I like it because he looks like he has a monster afro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Also that's some really unfortunate redrawing work on the stroked text

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
The circle is the clear sky caused by the energy ball getting flung upwards.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!

owl milk posted:

I hope Saitama comes back soon.

I hope that instead Seiryu beats the big guy and that Saitama is blocks away by now.

owl milk
Jun 28, 2011
Anyone remember which heroes are in this city (or what this city is?) Someone besides Saitama might come in to help/save Suriyuu.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
'YOU FOOL! We still have reinforcements! I will summon back those that I sent to gather up the tournament participants that already left! Go Signal Flare!'

'Uh, they should be here by now.'

Meanwhile

'Man those guys were really annoying. Now I've got guts all over Charanko's gi.'

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

owl milk posted:

I hope Saitama comes back soon.
he cant he got thrown out of the tournament

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

owl milk posted:

Anyone remember which heroes are in this city (or what this city is?) Someone besides Saitama might come in to help/save Suriyuu.

Watchdog Man is going to hit Garou so hard he goes flying all the way to the arena. And then he'll take care of Martial Artes Monster.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The tournament arc....

....is good

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
Good arc is good.

Great chapter.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Watchdog Man is going to hit Garou so hard he goes flying all the way to the arena. And then he'll take care of Martial Artes Monster.

Seeing as how Garou is a member of the Monster Association I don't think that would work out the way you think it would.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wittgen posted:

The circle is the clear sky caused by the energy ball getting flung upwards.

Yeah, but it goes well with the way Seiryu is hitting monster nazi.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Shugojin posted:

Yeah, but Boros' ship was destroyed when Saitama accidentally wrecked up the power core so it's another thing he did the work on.

I thought Boros was the power core, or at least it drew from or was linked to him. Load bearing boss.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Saitama landed on the ship after returning from space which caused it to fall and then Boros released all of his energy into his Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon attack which made it fall faster and then Saitama Serious Punched the attack and then the power core broke.

this ship wasn't prepared for a lot

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Moltrey posted:

Saitama landed on the ship after returning from space which caused it to fall and then Boros released all of his energy into his Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon attack which made it fall faster and then Saitama Serious Punched the attack and then the power core broke.

this ship wasn't prepared for a lot

It also didn't help that Saitama had been tearing holes in the structure while wandering around inside of it.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nazi man's monster form is SMT as hell.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Nazi man's monster form is SMT as hell.

I mean, when you think about it, the whole idea is very SMT, as well. Demon/monsterification happens to some chaos goon practically every game.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
yeah no it's literally Jiminez's form when he fuses with Bugaboo

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Not to mention how all of the promises from the original champion would not be out of place at all in a chaos path in SMT.

It's either a big coincidence, or ONE is a fan of the series.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I couldve sworn ive seen a demon design by Kaneko that has horns and quilted or similarly patterned skin
Im going insane looking for it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Are you sure you're not thinking of a Stand from Jojo?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Por que no los dos?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I couldve sworn ive seen a demon design by Kaneko that has horns and quilted or similarly patterned skin
Im going insane looking for it.

The spikes reminds me of Agni from Digital Devil Saga.

Which is also a person transformed into a demon!

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Antifa Suiryu is now a bro. Best redemption arc.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I just finished watching the One Punch Man anime and it was rad as poo poo

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Why would I not want to see this animated again? Other than a Sophia's choice situation, the last two chapters were rad as gently caress.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
We all want to see it animated, we just don't see where the season end point is at.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Spiderdrake posted:

Why would I not want to see this animated again? Other than a Sophia's choice situation, the last two chapters were rad as gently caress.

no they were rad as poo poo

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Spiderdrake posted:

The ONE stuff after it is also rad and some awful part in my brain is like "what's with all this filler" but like... most of the metal bat stuff is "filler"

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
What is the likelihood Saitama ate a monster seed by accident and hit the jackpot? Or is it sacrilege to contemplate us ever being given a straight-faced origin of his power?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Monster seed, monster weed, eating literal monsters, training excersize and breaking the limits of human beings.

The problem with all of the above is that they are joke answers and it is something else entirely. And we just don't have any clue as to what yet because the story hasn't gotten there yet.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Saitama has been eating monsters he has killed. Some of which were former humans. However once the monster seed is eated, the benefits can be had safely by eating the resulting monster. Thus saitama gets all the powers and none of the bad stuff.

His hair fell out because of him not taking care of himself, he also lost a tooth due to poor healthcare, it is his own drat fault.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It kind of seems like you can only become a monster by deliberately ingesting the DNA, I figure accidentally eating it has the same effect as having it force fed to you (nothing).

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

snucks posted:

What is the likelihood Saitama ate a monster seed by accident and hit the jackpot? Or is it sacrilege to contemplate us ever being given a straight-faced origin of his power?

Until its revealed my headcanon will always be that Saitama broke his limiter with his standard weight training. He was just such a weakling that 100 pushups, sitsups, etc was enough to stretch his body to the limit and bring him to the verge of death

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Last Celebration posted:

It kind of seems like you can only become a monster by deliberately ingesting the DNA, I figure accidentally eating it has the same effect as having it force fed to you (nothing).

Pig God seemed ok after eating the snake lady.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The monster cells are probably not normal monster cells but rather from some special critter in this group.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Meme Emulator posted:

Until its revealed my headcanon will always be that Saitama broke his limiter with his standard weight training. He was just such a weakling that 100 pushups, sitsups, etc was enough to stretch his body to the limit and bring him to the verge of death

This to me is the only explanation necessary. Any more than that, it would either have to be a drat funny joke (it's already pretty good) or just mind-blowingly awesome. Otherwise it just detracts from a perfectly serviceable explanation.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Say Nothing posted:

Yeah, but he was just eating her to kill her. I think the idea with the DNA is that you're subconsciously thinking you'll turn into a monster while eating it, and that the DNA is jumpstarting the process, since we've seen before that humans can turn into monsters on their own.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Say Nothing posted:

Considering how Pig God can just do that, he might be more of a monster than anyone realizes.

Or you know, PIG GOD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the guy who took out Crabante and a bunch of other monsters before he even started working out was a weakling.

Sure.