Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Welp, thanks for thinking so highly of our position in the war, Youjo Senki. That was really nice of them.

That was pretty accurate depiction of the Oslo fjord, very well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Mordaedil posted:

Welp, thanks for thinking so highly of our position in the war, Youjo Senki. That was really nice of them.

That was pretty accurate depiction of the Oslo fjord, very well done.

This series is going to end with Not-Germany losing the war, Tanya doing the Beer Hall Pursch and her being in jail isn't it?

Also going to be interesting if Not-Japan enters the picture and gets stuck with nothing in the peace talks.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

https://jii.moe/r14WglAKl.webm

I think we found the mystery behind last week's recap episode.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Their models have been pretty good, noticeable but good.

I feel like we haven't seen the end of Mary, did she make the submachine gun?

fake edit: OH poo poo ARKANSAS, ITS REAL.

quote:

Of Not!Scandinavia generally being a thorn in the Empire's side?

This has got to trigger the Russian Federation entering the war next I'm assuming?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Tanya not recognizing that guy was pretty great. :allears:

I wonder if the totally-not-allies are going to demand her execution as part of the peace negotiations if the empire ends up losing.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Poil posted:

I wonder if the totally-not-allies are going to demand her execution as part of the peace negotiations if the empire ends up losing.
"You're that guy! The one who kept getting pissed off at me for not remembering--.... Something."

I doubt we're really at that point that they would demand Tanya just because she's an annoyingly effective asset; she had yet to really cross that sort of line yet; no "Blowtorch brigade" antic yet.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

No but we most likely will by that point in the story. Especially since DEUS VULT!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Disappointed that God didn't give the guy really cool powers to blow up the ships or Tanya's troops. Hoping he shows up again to take revenge.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
pretty sure hes dead.
edit: like he was a walking deathtflag during episode 6.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Feb 25, 2017

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
God's kind of a dick to ignore everyone else's prayers just to convert one believer

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Raenir Salazar posted:

Of Not!Scandinavia generally being a thorn in the Empire's side?

This has got to trigger the Russian Federation entering the war next I'm assuming?

That was pretty much a recreation of a historical battle that took place in 1940, but for some reason, they forgot about the torpedo battery, or it was never made in this reality.

I was actually amazed at how accurate they drew the landscape here, because I live like, with a panorama view of that castle.

I'm just very excited because we (or my town rather) rarely feature in entertainment from outside of Norway and being front and center in a major episode for an anime is pretty cool.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Eej posted:

God's kind of a dick to ignore everyone else's prayers just to convert one believer

It's just some random Earth, he's got more to spare.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Mordaedil posted:

That was pretty much a recreation of a historical battle that took place in 1940, but for some reason, they forgot about the torpedo battery, or it was never made in this reality.

I was actually amazed at how accurate they drew the landscape here, because I live like, with a panorama view of that castle.

I'm just very excited because we (or my town rather) rarely feature in entertainment from outside of Norway and being front and center in a major episode for an anime is pretty cool.

Huh, that sounds pretty cool! Looks like suffering through a recap episode was totally worth it.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Poil posted:

Seconding this, not even remembering the guy was brutal.

So, what are the chances Mary becomes the "Anti-Tanya" actually giving tanya a run for her money in battle?

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013
well she is a mary sue so

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

RangerKarl posted:

:golfclap:

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

RangerKarl posted:

I missed her last name. Is her name literally Mary Sue?

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Exmond posted:

I missed her last name. Is her name literally Mary Sue?

Crunchy translates her dad's name as Anson Sioux (pronounced Su, written out as スー in the LN iirc but this is second hand info TBH). So, for the purposes of the joke, yes.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The dad's name in the last episode was Anson Sue and this episode he's Anson Sioux so who knows but I guess he's supposed to be an American expat?

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

Brainamp posted:

Disappointed that God didn't give the guy really cool powers to blow up the ships or Tanya's troops. Hoping he shows up again to take revenge.

That was probably my favorite part of the episode.

The man of faith who is fighting desperately for his family and his nation prays to God: gets stabbed for his trouble.

The rear end in a top hat atheist who is praying to God with the greatest amount of implied sarcasm possible: gets a literal miracle.

The irony is great.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Golden Battler posted:

That was probably my favorite part of the episode.

The man of faith who is fighting desperately for his family and his nation prays to God: gets stabbed for his trouble.

The rear end in a top hat atheist who is praying to God with the greatest amount of implied sarcasm possible: gets a literal miracle.

The irony is great.

And then she takes his gun as a Christmas present she gave herself. Tanya be cold as ice.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

how the heck did mary get a swiss gun

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raenir Salazar posted:

fake edit: OH poo poo ARKANSAS, ITS REAL.

I'm a little disappointed that they didn't rename all the states too.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Hot drat this show is good.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm a little disappointed that they didn't rename all the states too.

My headcanon is they renamed it "R-Kansas".

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I can see most authors going "Eh" and shrugging. That would be quite a bit of effort to research the background of each state for alternative names.

Like the Dakota's are already named for a tribe, what else could they be named? Do we even have records of who else could have settled there?

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

I like when history is so awry that Britain still has colonies on the east coast, there's still a large native nation somewhere, East Canada is New France (okay that's not too far from reality) and the western territory is still super wild because there wasn't a coherent american country to explore it all.

So basically Crimson Skies.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I know its not accurate at all in our universe but it would be funny if Tanya keeps being diminutive as she ages because of all the coffee she drinks.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I know its not accurate at all in our universe but it would be funny if Tanya keeps being diminutive as she ages because of all the coffee she drinks.

She is physically ten years old, and they put so much focus on how much coffee she was drinking, I was totally expecting a scene like this

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

quote:

I like when history is so awry that Britain still has colonies on the east coast, there's still a large native nation somewhere, East Canada is New France (okay that's not too far from reality) and the western territory is still super wild because there wasn't a coherent american country to explore it all.

So basically Crimson Skies.

I tried to find a world map for the TotE world and couldn't find anything?

Did find someone making a Hearts of Iron IV mod though:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

What's the medical logic here?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

What's the medical logic here?

None, its just one of those things people sometimes say and its taken as the truth for some reason.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Cao Ni Ma posted:

None, its just one of those things people sometimes say and its taken as the truth for some reason.

Like Edward Elric being.... because of not liking milk?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I really liked the banter among the troops before dropping off, it's a little thing that greatly enhances the quality of the show that doesn't necessarily have to be there. That and everything to do with SMG guy, best Secret Santa in anime.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The anime seems to have skipped Tanya being worried about her growth. In the manga at least she has already been to a doctor wondering why she hasnt grown much, her doctor speculated since she has taken combat drugs her puberty might be significantly delayed. The first fight she had where she suicide bombed herself she actually took combat drugs to get courage to do what she was planning. Also i think she is 11 right now.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 26, 2017

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
you know what these reincarnation/evil overlord stories need? a proper rival. someone who can act as a foil to the mc and occasionally foil their plans. overlord needed one, as does this. to their credit, re zero and alderamin had these characters, and they benefited for it

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
being x is the rival. he is just a subtle one.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Iretep posted:

being x is the rival. he is just a subtle one.

Freezing time and influencing hordes of people to die, just to gently caress with her mind counts as subtle now?

And he isn't really a rival. More like a force of nature, which determines the circumstances. It doesn't seem like she can really fight him after all.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tanya "The Evil" is just the first part of the series, where Tanya thinks that the best way to snub god is to reach the point where she has a comfortable life. Tanya "The Good" starts when she has an epiphany where she realizes that the best way to gently caress with god is to advance the whole world to the point where he's not needed anymore.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
We Zero had like one good bit with the whole murder mystery scenario, the rest was kind of average and the tension wasn't really all that there.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Tanya "The Evil" is just the first part of the series, where Tanya thinks that the best way to snub god is to reach the point where she has a comfortable life. Tanya "The Good" starts when she has an epiphany where she realizes that the best way to gently caress with god is to advance the whole world to the point where he's not needed anymore.
Hint: both of these are Evil in context of this story.

Biblical GOd tends to be a huge rear end in a top hat to otherwise good people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Phobophilia posted:

you know what these reincarnation/evil overlord stories need? a proper rival. someone who can act as a foil to the mc and occasionally foil their plans. overlord needed one, as does this. to their credit, re zero and alderamin had these characters, and they benefited for it

The anime just introduced a Mary Sue character soooooo........

• Locked thread