Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Peanut Butler posted:

no he does not and it is both his greatest virtue and deepest flaw

gently caress wait I'm wrong because forgot about this anime:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

dont doxx me

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
death to anime

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
the best anime is doug

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

poo poo, insomnia is ruthless and this thread is slower than molasses. So low energy.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im here but im watching my anime

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Junkyard Poodle posted:

poo poo, insomnia is ruthless and this thread is slower than molasses. So low energy.

its hard to read a thread and subtitles at the same time

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Haha who are you? Second time you've rushed to bloog's defense in Trump threads. I'll eat a probe for sassing an anime mod who is riding my dick for no good reason anyday.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Zevon was the best. :allears:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

prefect posted:

Zevon was the best. :allears:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2O91T6ZeW0

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Harambe, You're a Desperado

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Anime is mostly bad. Very bad. And sad. Very sad.

But it's sometimes good. Really good.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F5459jCtuM

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

When I was a kid I saw an anime where this guy had a metal stick like Gambit. He also had a cyborg eye and he could do this thing where his eye gets a gleam in it and then an orbital satellite fires a death beam down at whatever he's looking at.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I also saw an anime where a midget sat on a naked lady robot's back and rode her around like a horse. I think.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

The Brady Bunch anime lookin' good

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

the translated novelization of the manga of LOGH is actually p good. Its pretty homoerotic at parts!

The thing i love most about LOGH is that everything is super duper consistent, everything is 1:1. Makes it feel real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BThzxoeDeo

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt0diSD-A6k

im walkin in the wasteland
with a ghost in the machine

these are strange times
and i dont want to live this way

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

the translated novelization of the manga of LOGH is actually p good. Its pretty homoerotic at parts!
i have the first volume and yep!

Baloogan posted:

The thing i love most about LOGH is that everything is super duper consistent, everything is 1:1. Makes it feel real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BThzxoeDeo
this is :coal:

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Baloogan posted:

Harambe, You're a Desperado

Why doesn't he come to his senses?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

We've altered the definition of 'air pollutants' to not include any actual pollutants. You're welcome.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Baloogan posted:

is that what they tv-edited into kircheis gazing moon-eyed like he's looking at a bottle of excellent bourbon

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the thing i love most about the novelization's homo-eroticism is that the ~author~ is in love with reinhard

lemmy find some choice quotes :3:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i JUST realized that the movie The Rock used VX gas

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Wikkheiser posted:

Anime is mostly bad. Very bad. And sad. Very sad.

But it's sometimes good. Really good.
that's true for all art though

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Kurtofan posted:

i JUST realized that the movie The Rock used VX gas

isn't that the film that caused the iraq war or something?

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

deadgoon posted:

death to anime

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Good morning

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

and i must meme posted:

isn't that the film that caused the iraq war or something?

it's a drat good movie

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

my favourite bit is uhh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y12_cVX2exw

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Haha who are you? Second time you've rushed to bloog's defense in Trump threads. I'll eat a probe for sassing an anime mod who is riding my dick for no good reason anyday.

Whats wrong with dick riding????

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

That Works posted:

We've altered the definition of 'air pollutants' to not include any actual pollutants. You're welcome.

Jesus, why not just strike 'air pollutants' from the dictionary?

I would like to hear his definition of 'sound policy' without him being able to use the word jobs or the like.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

quote:

The security guard that von Schönkopf recommended was one Warrant Officer Louis Machungo. With glossy dark skin, upper arms as thick as Yang's thighs, a broad-chested hulk of a body, and charmingly rounded, light-brown eyes complementing a strong jawline, he gave an impression not unlike that of a gentle ox. Those huge muscles could probably unleash a hurricane of overwhelming force the moment he got angry, though.

~relevant~

quote:

Maybe Trünicht was to society what a cancer cell could be to the body—consuming the healthy cells’ nutrition so that it alone would multiply, grow stronger and bigger, and at last kill its host. Trünicht would agitate for war one day, insist on democracy the next, and steadily increase his power and influence while never taking responsibility for anything he said. Therefore, the stronger he got, the weaker society would become, until he would finally consume it.

quote:

Unlike Yang Wen-Li, Reinhard von Lohengramm's appearance had been exceptionalism distilled.

His age at that time had been twenty, and in his slender figure could be seen an exquisite balance of grace, strength, and courage. His gently curling, brilliantly golden hair was longer than it had been the previous year and was now worn in a style that resembled a lion's mane. There was not a blemish to be found on his porcelain skin, and there was an exquisite grace to his features. In his person was monopolized all the favor of creation's goddess. Only the flashes of light in his ice-blue eyes made them too sharp, too intense, to liken to an angel...unless perhaps one meant the eyes of the fallen angel Lucifer, who had longed to surpass God himself.

~one of the few (very very few) women in LOGH~

quote:

Hilda, the count's young daughter Hildegard von Mariendorff, had only just turned 20. Her darkly shaded blond hair was cut short for ease of movement. There was a hard sort of beauty to her features, yet she did not give a cold or harsh impression, a fact likely due to the lively sparkle in her blue-green eyes. These eyes were practically busting with life and vibrant intellect, giving more the impression of an adventurous young boy.

quote:

Exactly three minutes later, Captain Walter von Schönkopf appeared in front of Yang. He was the Captain of the Rosen Ritter, or "Knights of the Rose" regiment, which was affiliated with the Alliance Armed Forces ground battle commissioner's department. He was a man in his early thirties with a refined appearance, though those of his own gender often considered him a "pretentious SOB".

~trumpers in LOGH~

quote:

That was when the security system's lamp began to flash and make a nervous sound. Julian flippen on the monitor. Many human forms were displayed on its infrared enhanced screen. All wore white hoods over their heads with only their eyes exposed.

quote:

Reinhard stretched out his long, supple fingers and playfully tugged at his best friend's hair, as red as if dyed with molten rubies. Reinhard would do this sort of thing from time to time when no one else was around. During his boyhood, he would describe Kircheis' hair according to his whim: whenever they were quarreling, a state that never lasted long, he would say mean things like "What's with that red hair? It looks like blood." Then after they made up, he would praise it, calling it "really pretty, like a burning flame."

quote:

The battleship Ulysses had taken damage from imperial cannon fire. This damage was of the "minor but serious" variety. What had been destroyed was the microbe-based wastewater treatment system, and for that reason, the crew was forced to continue fighting with their feet drenched in regurgitated sewage.

quote:

In a sonorous voice, the coordinator of ceremonies called for the man of the hour to come forth.

"Lord Reinhard, Count von Lohengramm!"

This time there was no need to bow deeply, so all those assembled turned their eyes towards the young military officer walking across the carpet towards them.

There were sighs of admiration from among the noble ladies. Even those who harbored hostility toward Reinhard—to wit, the greater part of the attendees—couldn't help acknowledging his incomparable good looks.

His face was like that of a doll crafted from the finest baici porcelain, though his eyes were too piercing for a doll's, his expression too intense and strong. If not for the emperor's indulgence with Reinhard's elder sister Annerose and the expression Reinhard wore at that moment, backbiting gossip of a sovereign-subject sodomy would likely have been inevitable.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I'm so confused. Confused and aroused.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Everybody cares what an anime mod thinks.

Probe for speaking truth to unemployable incels. Shame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Is... this nite crew?

• Locked thread