Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thanks friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I heard Batman is alright as well if you're not sick of the same old Batman story. The Wolf Among Us is solid until the last episode so leave it for last - maybe you'll get lucky and get to your destination before you finish it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Is there a spiritual sequel to Die by the Sword?
now that I think about it, Mount and Blade kinda scratches that same itch, though it has a lot of other junk going on besides cutting fools

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Dead Island had a analog melee combat mode.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Palpek posted:

Dead Island had a analog melee combat mode.
Oh poo poo yeah, I forgot about that one. And it was just about as unwieldy

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am playing Dead Island as part of FPSbruary and I am having a really awesome time with it. It's on PS4 so I don't know it's that affects it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VideoGames posted:

I am playing Dead Island as part of FPSbruary and I am having a really awesome time with it. It's on PS4 so I don't know it's that affects it.

How far in are you? I was enjoying it in a janky sort of way until I got to the second main area. :/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I discovered a cool looking board game yesterday that I hope I can some day afford to buy. It is called Neuroshima Hex!

Players pick out a faction and take turns drawing and placing units in preparation of an attack, then when a player plays an attack thing, all of the attacks go off at once. It looks neat, I like the artwork, I wish I had the money to be able to buy it (yes I know on the previous page I mentioned arena of the planeswalkers but that was my fiancee buying it for both of us to play and I don't like asking her to buy me things since I make zero money and have zero income and am a leech and parasite :\ in every sense of the word :( )

Some more screenshots from the expansion factions.

I've been told that there is a cheap app for smart phones that lets you play the game and that it is one of the best ways to experience it since it keeps track of any maths stuff you'd have to deal with normally during gameplay, but unfortunately I don't have a smart phone and I'm certainly not getting one to play a game on the app store lol

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Feb 25, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I've done a ton of little side quests. I'm still messing about between beaches lighthouses and guard towers. Sinamoi has been telling me to get some food.

I built three rippers and just repair them every now and then and they seem to destroy a lot of people. The thugs are pretty tough though. They usually knock me down.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Sakurazuka posted:

How far in are you? I was enjoying it in a janky sort of way until I got to the second main area. :/

I didn't mind the jungle area but yeah, the first area was the highlight.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I enjoyed the first half of Dead Island for what it was but Dying Light is what Dead Island was really supposed to be + parkour so it's impossible to come back to it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did they officially cancel Dead Island 2 yet or did it just disappear?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Please nominate good dogs in the forums-wide top dog event.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Will I get banned if I nominate my cat who I miss very much

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sakurazuka posted:

Play the Walking Dead season 1 and Tales From Borderlands then NO MORE

what about law and order legacies

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

FirstAidKite posted:

I discovered a cool looking board game yesterday that I hope I can some day afford to buy. It is called Neuroshima Hex!

Players pick out a faction and take turns drawing and placing units in preparation of an attack, then when a player plays an attack thing, all of the attacks go off at once. It looks neat, I like the artwork, I wish I had the money to be able to buy it (yes I know on the previous page I mentioned arena of the planeswalkers but that was my fiancee buying it for both of us to play and I don't like asking her to buy me things since I make zero money and have zero income and am a leech and parasite :\ in every sense of the word :( )

Some more screenshots from the expansion factions.

I've been told that there is a cheap app for smart phones that lets you play the game and that it is one of the best ways to experience it since it keeps track of any maths stuff you'd have to deal with normally during gameplay, but unfortunately I don't have a smart phone and I'm certainly not getting one to play a game on the app store lol

I have the App Store version. It's really good, but yeah, not exactly worth the investment if you don't already have a smart phone or tablet.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://i.imgur.com/rVWePGx.gifv

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
Yo, brief Dark Souls question--

I bought Dark Souls 2 back when it came out and am only now getting to actually play it (my old PC couldn't run it...). My understanding is that the Scholar of the First Sin expansion rebalances the main game in addition to whatever new content it adds. Basically, is it worth upgrading to that one for my first playthrough? I'm not even sure I'll enjoy the game right now, even though I got super into the first one...

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Terry van Feleday posted:

I bought Dark Souls 2 back when it came out and am only now getting to actually play it (my old PC couldn't run it...). My understanding is that the Scholar of the First Sin expansion rebalances the main game in addition to whatever new content it adds. Basically, is it worth upgrading to that one for my first playthrough? I'm not even sure I'll enjoy the game right now, even though I got super into the first one...

SotFS is significantly harder than base DS2, it adds extra monsters and things to make it interesting for people who already played it to death, so there's that.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

I was gonna post that but it's impossible to find a clip of that scene that isn't buried in memes or part of a 5+ minute Let's Play video.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

I played sotfs first and it was fine

use two caestus

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You'll probably need Scholar if you're planning on doing any multiplayer stuff since the majority of the community will have moved onto that, though there's likely not huge amounts of people still playing it anyway.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Someone on reddit was trying to organize a coordinated event to get people back into Dark Souls 2 and that starts today, so there might be some active multiplayer for a few days.

I'm not really great at Dark Souls but I picked up SOTFS and was able to finish it :shrug: I've heard mixed things about the difficulty compared to the original.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Dogs and Dark Souls on the same page? Did i ever just find the right thing.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
So I spent a few hours playing the COD Infinite Warfare free weekend and I wish I was playing anything but multiplayer. The levelling up, prestiges, and unlocks feel so time-consuming, I get why they make such a big deal on "double XP" deals...and all the decent weapons and prettier skins are hidden away in the "rare supply drops", so IW and Activision force their customers to pay more than just the base game and season pass for a better experience.

Now I know how it feels to play current COD games.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The only modern CoD I've played is Ghosts. Now, I hear that it was a bad one, but to this day I cannot get over how gross the story of the campaign was.

The bad guy kills one of your group. And every one is flipping out. He's a villain, he has to go down. In a war, a guy got killed. You killed 300 people during the tutorial. And what makes the villain bad is he killed a guy. It made Hunger Games look like Shakespeare.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

a kitten posted:

Dogs and Dark Souls on the same page? Did i ever just find the right thing.

And of course there's the corrupted Bloodborne version

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Snak posted:

The only modern CoD I've played is Ghosts. Now, I hear that it was a bad one, but to this day I cannot get over how gross the story of the campaign was.

The bad guy kills one of your group. And every one is flipping out. He's a villain, he has to go down. In a war, a guy got killed. You killed 300 people during the tutorial. And what makes the villain bad is he killed a guy. It made Hunger Games look like Shakespeare.

I mean that's every game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

People were saying the Infinite Warfare campaign is pretty good

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Can I just say I have always really appreciated the original Guitar Hero trilogy's aesthetic, because man these weird tutorial images always make me smile

edit: how about a pic that is slightly less inexplicably gigantic

edit again: well it's still gigantic, a big big love, i give up

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 25, 2017

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got a message from a stranger on PS4 calling me a pussy because I wasn't playing Guitar Hero Live on the highest difficulty

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

People were saying the Infinite Warfare campaign is pretty good

they might as well say every COD campaign after World at War is "pretty good" because they're all half-assed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
One time I dove into the random online play of GH World Tour and some guys who were grouped were jokin at me because I named my character my own name instead of like GuitarGod or Tony Hawk or w/e, but then I owned them at expert guitar and we became impromptu friends so it's all good

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Can I just say I have always really appreciated the original Guitar Hero trilogy's aesthetic, because man these weird tutorial images always make me smile

edit: how about a pic that is slightly less inexplicably gigantic

edit again: well it's still gigantic, a big big love, i give up

The Pixies ref means your sins are forgiven.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Wowers, my friend really liked Night in the Woods!

https://twitter.com/FrancisCoulombe/status/835473533346140160

Palpek posted:

I heard Batman is alright as well if you're not sick of the same old Batman story.

The story goes off the loving rails about halfway through, and not in a good way. So it's at least not entirely the same old story.

VideoGames posted:

You should give Dying Light a spin if you enjoyed Dead Island. It's basically the same formula, refined, plus parkour. :getin:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The first time i ever saw Guitar Hero was watching a friend play through the second one. I started laughing when i saw the final song was Free Bird and she was confused because she'd somehow never heard the drat song before.

"I don't know what's so funny this isn't so bad"

15 minutes later.

"Oh god, why won't it end! How is this solo still going. :gonk:"

a kitten fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 25, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I knew GH2 was good when I played the Spinal Tap song and the drummer exploded at the end.

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord

a kitten posted:

The first time i ever saw Guitar Hero was watching a friend play through the second one. I started laughing when i saw the final song was Free Bird and she was confused because she's somehow never heard the drat song before.

"I don't know what's so funny this isn't so bad"

15 minutes later.

"Oh god, why won't it end! How is this solo still going. :gonk:"

I was so happy it showed up in Rock Band 3, I was happy with the majority of the tracklist in RB3...one thing I'll never get is why some fans kept asking for more A7X songs, they're just boring.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

haveblue posted:

I knew GH2 was good when I played the Spinal Tap song and the drummer exploded at the end.

Yup, even when I was younger I got that joke because I'd seen This Is Spinal Tap and I was like :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I got a message from a stranger on PS4 calling me a pussy because I wasn't playing Guitar Hero Live on the highest difficulty

Owned

• Locked thread