Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kegslayer posted:

I've been out of the loop for a while but what's the consensus with the free 10+1 pulls? Should I be just doing it now or waiting to see if another batch comes before the period ends?

It's always gonna be off banner pull. Might be some new units next week, but it's believed that Gumi is loving with the drop rates on it. If your lucky to get a rainbow on it, it's almost always DK Cecil or Ace. Nobody has pulled a Noctis on the free pull that we've seen.

TLDR, just pull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kegslayer posted:

I've been out of the loop for a while but what's the consensus with the free 10+1 pulls? Should I be just doing it now or waiting to see if another batch comes before the period ends?

If you farm TMs now is as good a time as any. Shine's TM is great.

And nope, still haven't seen a Noctis from a freebie 11. I got a Gilgamesh on it though, so there's good poo poo there.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Cartoon Man posted:

It's always gonna be off banner pull. Might be some new units next week, but it's believed that Gumi is loving with the drop rates on it. If your lucky to get a rainbow on it, it's almost always DK Cecil or Ace. Nobody has pulled a Noctis on the free pull that we've seen.

TLDR, just pull.

Gumi isn't loving with the drop rates.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
haha sorry but it's the pinnacle of naivety to think they aren't given their history

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cry Havoc posted:

haha sorry but it's the pinnacle of naivety to think they aren't given their history

I wouldn't doubt it, especially since we have the player's choice coming up soon. But I don't think they'd go as far as to literally remove noctis and all from the 11 pull.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
This guy pulled Noctis on his free 11 at the start of the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI8Efs6EGLE

Case closed.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Man this sucks the only useful unit I got from my past 30 pulls including the freebie was a single Zidane. Everything else was duplicates of midtier filler. I'm still sitting on 45 tickets and I'm torn about chasing Olive or waiting for orlandu. Not like that'll be enough either way but damnit I want something nice too while everyone else is catching fire. Gaaah what to do. Ah the hell with it maybe I'll get lucky after I burn like 20 of them

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fenrir posted:

This guy pulled Noctis on his free 11 at the start of the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI8Efs6EGLE

Case closed.

He pulled two Zidanes as well, the bastard.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Figured it out!

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Feb 25, 2017

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
so...

is Westersand still the best place to farm for Fire Megacrysts?

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Servaetes posted:

Any idea where the macros are actually housed for Memu? Having a hell of a time trying ot figure out where the hell it is so I can even fiddle with it.

C:\Program Files\Microvirt\MEmu\scripts

You have to make a macro first for them to show up, but they're the string of numbers .mir files.

E: you figured it out!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Yeah, I threw memu into some other drive and it took me a sec to figure out where the hell it was housed. I figured it'd be macros-something, but yeah, got it working just fine :)

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Shoenin posted:

so...

is Westersand still the best place to farm for Fire Megacrysts?

it's where I go for mine because I'm too lazy to do the dwarf area. forgot what it's called.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Daily pull was not Olive. It was Ramza who reformed all the way up from a blue crystal just to toy with me. I am okay with this daily pull.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

AegisP posted:

Daily pull was not Olive. It was Ramza who reformed all the way up from a blue crystal just to toy with me. I am okay with this daily pull.

haha, sucker!! i got an edge!!!!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So talking about lapis and whaling with a friend because we're both mourning our lack of olives and money I've realized something. The $100 only gives you 1000 lapis more than buying two $50 bundles (casual players are probably more inclined to drop a few fifty dollar purchases rather than large hundred dollar lots in my experience), and for some reason only gives you 18k lapis which just seems like a weird number to stop on. Would 20k really have broken the bank?

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Nuebot posted:

So talking about lapis and whaling with a friend because we're both mourning our lack of olives and money I've realized something. The $100 only gives you 1000 lapis more than buying two $50 bundles (casual players are probably more inclined to drop a few fifty dollar purchases rather than large hundred dollar lots in my experience), and for some reason only gives you 18k lapis which just seems like a weird number to stop on. Would 20k really have broken the bank?
No, because they want you to buy more than you need. That said, older players have access to thousands of lapis in older dungeons that were completed before the bonus system came about, so it's not a huge deal until you've cleaned everything out. At that point, you're committed to paying $60 to get the fourth roll.

Varance fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Feb 25, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Varance posted:

No, because they want you to buy more than you need. That said, older players have access to thousands of lapis in older dungeons that were completed before the bonus system came about, so it's not a huge deal until you've cleaned everything out. At that point, you're committed to paying $60 to get the fourth roll.

Makes sense, I was focused way too much on even numbers and not at all on what would make them money. :argh:

Still weirds me out that that biggest bundle is only slightly better than buying the same amount of money in the next biggest bundle though.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Kegslayer posted:

Just do it. It's unaffected by banners, so your only hope here is that they release a set of characters that are all good to have and worth diluting the draw pool for, if you can even wait that long.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Olive is now the third unit to get the coveted rank 13 on the wiki. She joins Lightning and Luneth.

They rank her number 2 on the physical DPS chart.

Let the arguing begin!

Edit: Here are the others.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Feb 25, 2017

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
I'm torn between throwing another 2x 11 pulls on this banner. Reason being I like Shine and Olive, and the players choice banner will most likely be someone I don't need in the 4 star slot and someone I won't get in the 5 star. If Zidane is the 3 star I can just throw tickets to get him. I know everyone says chase Orlandu but realistically I won't see him either.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

No argument here, in no-TM land, Olive is unquestionably a better pull than Lightning. She's easier to equip, has only slightly less elemental coverage, and has a LOT of really good upsides that Lightning just can't equal, and her damage output is top loving notch. In TM-land, Olive does even better vs Lightning, topping out over 1100 real attack.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Son of a bitch, over 80 pulls in the past 24 hours and not only no Olive, but not a single rainbow either. Christ I must be up to well over 150 pulls since my last rainbow. I really hate this game sometimes

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I'm assuming there's no update coming at any point down the line that'll make TMR acquisition sane without macroing?

Maybe if I save up all my trust moogles I can at least get one dual wield :unsmith:

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

Hey that's the way I did it and it's definitely worth the effort. I manually crushed out a few hundred earth shrine runs too over the course of a couple weeks and that added some percents too. Gonna do it all over again now that I snagged another Zidane too!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

victrix posted:

I'm assuming there's no update coming at any point down the line that'll make TMR acquisition sane without macroing?

Maybe if I save up all my trust moogles I can at least get one dual wield :unsmith:

I don't think Gumi has any plans to add the auto battle/repeat feature from Brave Frontier, so no.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Son of a bitch, over 80 pulls in the past 24 hours and not only no Olive, but not a single rainbow either. Christ I must be up to well over 150 pulls since my last rainbow. I really hate this game sometimes

I'm not that deep in, but I did 3x 11 pulls and twenty tickets on this banner to get one shine.

I think the fist is literally the worst pull I've ever seen.

My only base 5 is Marie, still no Zidane. My pull luck is dogshit.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

NinjaDebugger posted:

Just do it. It's unaffected by banners, so your only hope here is that they release a set of characters that are all good to have and worth diluting the draw pool for, if you can even wait that long.

I was Bediddled! :argh:

I burnt 40 tickets trying to get Olive or Shine but now luck so far. I'm wondering if its worth burning the remaining 40 since Orlandu will never come.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I use Memu when I want to run a TM macro, and got the most recent TM "Ultimate" Patch 2.0.0 no lapis macro from https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/55f44k/lets_talk_nox_macros/

Unfortunately I have to watch the macro, because whenever I go off and do something, 5-10 minutes after I leave the macro decides that I absolutely have to view a friend unit and I get stuck. I have the resolution where it's supposed to be. That was a problem in a previous version so I'm hoping they can fix it.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Kegslayer posted:

I was Bediddled! :argh:

I burnt 40 tickets trying to get Olive or Shine but now luck so far. I'm wondering if its worth burning the remaining 40 since Orlandu will never come.

I used the 4 tickets I had and got 3 Shera in a row followed by Shine. Then I hit the half price summon for giggles and got a rainbow Lightning (Which is superb because I didn't have one yet).

Some nice luck for me which I'm sure doesn't make you feel any better but w/e ;)

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Anyone feeling generous enough to put up their max-level Nichol for that one quest? 935 075 853

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

When the hell IS Orlandu coming anyway. I've been saving tickets for months.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

victrix posted:

Never.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

victrix posted:

A week before the Onion Knight banner.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

victrix posted:

yeah i was saving too but spent a bunch on this banner for a shiny olive

well worth it but ymmv

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Skyridge posted:

Anyone feeling generous enough to put up their max-level Nichol for that one quest? 935 075 853

Have it up, already friends

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah I've left my Nichol up as well till I get my Olive build finished.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I spent 25 tickets on this banner and down to my last 15, but dammit I want that cannon girl!

Shera
Shine #4
Faris
Firion
Leon #3

Medius
Lenna
Charlotte
Rydia
Celes

Hope
Shera
OLIVE!

2 tickets left. Guess I'll start saving for Onion Knight since Orlandu is probably out of the picture now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

I spent 25 tickets on this banner and down to my last 15, but dammit I want that cannon girl!

Shera
Shine #4
Faris
Firion
Leon #3

Medius
Lenna
Charlotte
Rydia
Celes

Hope
Shera
OLIVE!

2 tickets left. Guess I'll start saving for Onion Knight since Orlandu is probably out of the picture now.

Welcome to the boom club, though I'm extremely jealous of all your Shines. I have exactly one and need a minimum of two. No tickets left so if my 1/2 pull fails me this week, I'll probably 11 pull even though I want that Lapis for macro grinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

No argument here, in no-TM land, Olive is unquestionably a better pull than Lightning. She's easier to equip, has only slightly less elemental coverage, and has a LOT of really good upsides that Lightning just can't equal, and her damage output is top loving notch. In TM-land, Olive does even better vs Lightning, topping out over 1100 real attack.

Yeah, the western tier list usually rates easier to equip characters higher than others, but even in altema and with other characters having their enhancements out she'd still outpace a ton of the highly rated dps units.

Like just as she is right now she'd be higher than luneth in altema.

• Locked thread