Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Aggregation of last two minute report data: https://pudding.cool/2017/02/two-minute-report/

I'm annoyed that my hate for Mauer, Malloy, and McCutchen may not be justified.

Also interesting that Harden has the widest variability of things called his way or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
The Vagabond Shaquille O Neal

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/pikachuliu/status/835360474241896448

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

holy poo poo this owns

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

I dont get it?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope Shaq keeps picking on Javale and I hope the Warriors' feelings keep getting hurt.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dario Saric looks pretty good

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Yeah. Especially now that he seems to have adjusted to the speed of the NBA game and is taking people off the dribble.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

So LeBron how did you spend your Friday?

https://twitter.com/BecksWelker/status/835266361756647424

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

That seems like an awfully complicated way to drink wine.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

dokmo posted:

I still can't believe Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari didn't get traded.

There's a whole list of mind boggling non-trades that I can only tack up to there being no market. Like the Suns are a bottom feeding team with no hope of success with their current roster and yet Tyson Chandler didn't get moved despite them having like 6 centers on the team.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

dokmo posted:

I still can't believe Wilson Chandler and Danilo Gallinari didn't get traded.

Is there any market for Gallinari? I've never ever ever been impressed by what he does on the court. He's got a career BPM of 1.0 but people pretended like he was a hopstep away from being an all-star or something and paid him way too much.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Redgrendel2001 posted:

That seems like an awfully complicated way to drink wine.

Being down 3-1 is an awfully complicated way to win a title but obviously Lebron likes to be complicated.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

He's been steadily improving all year, it's really cool. I can't imagine how hard it is to adjust to, not just the NBA, but a new country. I didn't understand the people jumping all over the guy because he looked lost for the first month. I'd be lost too if I just started a new job in a foreign country, let alone a job where I have to compete against the best athletes on the planet.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

leftist heap posted:

I meant in future seasons, not the current season.

Oh well I think it's tough to say that they will only compete for the 4th or 5th seed at best (certainly a possibility) because they are so young and this is the first year trying to build around only Russ

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

TEAM ROSÉ

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
is rosé back

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dario just needs to start getting to the line

That's about it.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I am incredibly powerful. Please subscribe to my prognostication services. I didn't even have to wait for the playoffs. Also I accidentally posted this in the Boogie Trade Thread:

EvanTH posted:

Anyhow in the near future I'd almost place bets on somebody at least trying to Bynum-Barea IT at the end of a series when he embarrasses them

https://streamable.com/wzlkh

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Although that wasn't nearly on the same scale as Bynum-Barea some weak-minded dude is absolutely gonna attack IT come the post-season.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dario plays like a really really really poor mans Larry bird

If you squint you can see it

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

EvanTH posted:

Although that wasn't nearly on the same scale as Bynum-Barea some weak-minded dude is absolutely gonna attack IT come the post-season.

IT needs to make his face less annoying.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

EvanTH posted:

It's not DeMarre Carroll's fault that Isaiah Thomas is 5'2 115lb and can be bowled over with a small push.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Haha getting clowned by a small child brings out the worst in folks

Did y'all Raptors fans hear that interview with PJ Tucker?
http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/toronto-raptors-radio/pj-tucker-everybody-told-relax-tonight-aint/
He's such a great hustle guy, fantastic pickup for the Huskies

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

LeBrosé James

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I was out on PJ Tucker for a first but when they got him for two seconds it was a no-brainer and I wasn't really ready for how much he's going to help this team defense and toughness-wise.

Also Isaiah scored one point in the final seven minutes of the game, shook

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Doltos posted:

There's a whole list of mind boggling non-trades that I can only tack up to there being no market.

EvanTH posted:

Is there any market for Gallinari? I've never ever ever been impressed by what he does on the court. He's got a career BPM of 1.0 but people pretended like he was a hopstep away from being an all-star or something and paid him way too much.

Of course there's a market for these guys. They are useful, productive players. Any contending team would love to have them on the roster. The question is asking price. All I can think of is that the Nuggets desperately want to make the playoffs and weren't willing to move them for less than a first.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

roundmidnight posted:

It's not DeMarre Carroll's fault that Isaiah Thomas is 5'2 115lb and can be bowled over with a small push.

It was hilarious how Thomas got up at him after that foul like his rear end can ever take out DeMarre Carroll

Count Mippipopolous
Apr 10, 2008

roundmidnight posted:

is rosé back

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dokmo posted:

Of course there's a market for these guys. They are useful, productive players. Any contending team would love to have them on the roster. The question is asking price. All I can think of is that the Nuggets desperately want to make the playoffs and weren't willing to move them for less than a first.

Yeah, the idea that Gallinari wouldn't massively help a bunch of teams is a pretty weird opinion, but Denver has a good position to get into the playoffs, and I think frequently people underestimate the difference between a team that gets to play in the first round vs a team thats the 10th best in the conference. I'd be ecstatic if the Timberwolves won the right to get blasted by the Warriors.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/835530982358929409

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/835519344629133312

Just a little too much wine

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

In high school news last night Bol Bol balled out to beat the Balls.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Wine hangovers are a lot more manageable than beer or liquor hangovers, smart move by Lebron.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that's fair because the bulls might be missing their ill superstar Cameron Payne

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I dont get it?

The float was made before the trade. Fans were/are down on Demps. The Pels are often injured, AD got paid a lot, king cake baby wants better parents, etc.

I'm assuming you are familiar with the concept of Mardi Gras parades and the floats everyone designs for them.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 25, 2017

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Kibner posted:

The float was made before the trade. Fans were/are down on Demps. The Pels are often injured, AD got paid a lot, king cake baby wants better parents, etc.

I'm assuming you are familiar with the concept of Mardi Gras parades and the floats everyone designs for them.

Okay this makes a lot more sense

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

The B_36 posted:

Wine hangovers are a lot more manageable than beer or liquor hangovers, smart move by Lebron.

My morning today can attest to this.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
King Baby is loving weird and New Orleans should be ashamed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Dario plays like a really really really poor mans Larry bird

If you squint you can see it

I've only seen highlights of Larry Bird and I see it. Dario is a poor man's Larry Bird highlight reel.

• Locked thread