Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Sir Tonk posted:

Perez is fine, what're you on about

Perez is an idiot fucker and america will literally burn because of continuing dnc incompetence if he wins lamo

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Allure of the Deal

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

crazy cloud posted:

Perez is an idiot fucker and america will literally burn because of continuing dnc incompetence if he wins lamo

Nice meltdown

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/SheriffClarke/status/835543520513560578

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

:420:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Nice hat

For a clown to wear

To hide his ugly rear end head

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Qualifications don't really matter, it's a symbolic thing for all of the newly engaged people aka the ones battering on the doors to the convention center and frightening the centrist Dems so bad that they're having lunch brought in instead of them going out

If Perez wins it's a victory for the coalition within the party that oversaw the absolute destruction of any kind of real influence and who have been doing almost nothing to oppose Trump publicly since they lost. Simply the fact that they had 8 years and lost 1000+ national seats in government, a bunch of states, and then to Trump of all people, means that their coalition should be sidelined indefinitely

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

He's going to tell everyone there that it's now ok to say "the n word".

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

he's truly breaking ground as russia's first black secret agent

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

The catering is good but the drinks are terrible

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Leviathan posted:

he's truly breaking ground as russia's first black secret agent

Clarke-Ivanka 2020

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

He's going to tell everyone there that it's now ok to say "the n word".

he's gonna tell everyone it's okay to round up and kill blacks and browns who aren't "good ones"

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Lol but not unexpected if Trump fucks up marijuana and that is what gets white men to riot.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Didn't Omarosa say she could just walk into the Oval Office whenever?
https://twitter.com/IvoHDaalder/status/835492763693170688

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Matoi Ryuko posted:

The catering is good but the drinks are terrible

Lol the drinks are the whole thing bring the whole thing together haha

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

i'm ready to be locked up

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Lol but not unexpected if Trump fucks up marijuana and that is what gets white men to riot.

I said like 6 months ago that going after legal weed is likely literally the only thing that would turn his base off to him to the point of them not coming out to vote for him

Then, I stupidly said "and that's why there's no way even Trump does it"

I did sort of feel like it was a foregone conclusion once Sessions got in. The pharma lobby spends over 200mil a year fighting legal weed, most of which goes to politicians I imagine

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Fidel Castronaut posted:

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I'll take what I can get tbh

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

GobiasIndustries posted:

Didn't Omarosa say she could just walk into the Oval Office whenever?
https://twitter.com/IvoHDaalder/status/835492763693170688

lmao

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MariusLecter posted:

Yellow circled isn't wrong though

Complaining that young people don't do enough for you is not the way to get them to do more for you. It completely ignores and marginalizes the thousands of man-hours put into every election cycle by young people volunteering to work for free to canvas neighbourhoods, man phone banks, stuff envelopes, and otherwise do the grunt work that no election campaign can operate without.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

SpaceGoku posted:

I'll take what I can get tbh

Yeah, I'll welcome them in the march but I'm low-key laughing at em.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Fidel Castronaut posted:

this is the saddest and dumbest poo poo but you gotta take what you can get i guess

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
wheres teh followup saying that flynn did have walk-in priveledge?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

I said like 6 months ago that going after legal weed is likely literally the only thing that would turn his base off to him to the point of them not coming out to vote for him

Then, I stupidly said "and that's why there's no way even Trump does it"

I did sort of feel like it was a foregone conclusion once Sessions got in. The pharma lobby spends over 200mil a year fighting legal weed, most of which goes to politicians I imagine

Kinda want to email my Trump supporting student from fall semester who bragged about his weed card to be like "how bout them apples?"

But I should probably be professional sort of.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Kinda want to email my Trump supporting student from fall semester who bragged about his weed card to be like "how bout them apples?"

But I should probably be professional sort of.

irrelevant man, you're comparing apples to dank nugs

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Th dnc chair barely matters, nerds. Calm down

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Actually nothing matters I guess

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015

Drunkboxer posted:

nothing matters so everything matters

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Drunkboxer posted:

Which is exactly why someone NOT backed by the Obama Coalition should win. It's called symbolism.

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
wait i just thought of a joke

sec of defense walks into intel meeting and asks trump what to do about the middle east

trump says "nothing, mattis"

hehe :)

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
but he's the NSA

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
One of my local congressmen here in Durham is having a town hall that I didn't even know about until I saw it on CNN, this guy rules tho if you want to see someone not being yelled at who actually wants to do poo poo

http://www.cnn.com/specials/live-video-2

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Which is exactly why someone NOT backed by the Obama Coalition should win. It's called symbolism.

wait wha?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Drunkboxer posted:

Actually nothing matters I guess

buttigieg matters!!!!!!!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Apropos of nothing — after reading through the Ferguson DOJ investigation report recently, I had a shower thought: why have we never heard a story about Florida Man trying to use the Stand Your Ground law as justification for shooting a cop who he believed was trying to arrest him illegally? Of the millions of people who live in Florida and the thousands of hair-brained SOVEREIGN CITIZENS and the like who exist, there has to have been at least one guy who has done it.

"I had a reasonable fear that officer peckerwood was going to kill or injure me in the course of an unconstitutional arrest because lol just look at all the news about police brutality" surely wouldn't actually fly in court, but surely it's been tried.

Right?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If it doesn't make a difference either way, then that means there's obviously nothing to lose by not alienating every single new active person by refusing to disassociate even symbolicly with what is viewed broadly as out of touch, corrupted incompetence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

DE's special election is finally happening today. Hopefully things work out.

• Locked thread