Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm in my 30s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Could've fooled me!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Mom, dad, stop fighting, GOD.

I'll be in my room listening to The Cure.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'd rather be adultering than adulting

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

precision posted:

I'd thank you to remember that I'm actually Generation X, which as my old friend Wammo once said in "There Is Too Much Light in This Bar" is the worst thing to be as it was the name of Billy Idol's first band.

Though to be fair, "Kiss Me Deadly" is a great song.

So this is the game of your generation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIwnKlm3odw

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

millenials are Cool

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Some of my best friends are millennials...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Could've fooled me!

You can't save his bad burn, let it die on the vine.

Quest For Glory II posted:

millenials are Cool

Yeah.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I think the current generation is bad, and the previous ones? Wise and noble as all hell.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I'm lying, I am a member of the current generation ... I think??

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

All generations are current!

Edit: all the alive ones

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Only 18 to 34 year olds matter, everyone else is irrelevant.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

codenameFANGIO posted:

I think the current generation is bad, and the previous ones? Wise and noble as all hell.

Having seen who the previous generations elected for the US presidency recently, no you're super wrong they're bad too! Everyone is bad for different reasons! :toot:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Looks like those clowns in the youngest generation did it again. What a bunch of clowns.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

CJacobs posted:

Having seen who the previous generations elected for the US presidency recently, no you're super wrong they're bad too! Everyone is bad for different reasons! :toot:

:agreed:
I wish we were all dead.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mordja posted:

:agreed:
I wish we were all dead.
With the supposed plans for our nuclear arsenal, that may come sooner than you think!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/FrancisCoulombe/status/835374068610236416

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Goddamn that is really good pixel art.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_p93u4PV8_o

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

precision posted:

Though to be fair, "Kiss Me Deadly" is a great song.

It's also a really good movie!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I have never seen anyone actually playing guitar hero or other plastic guitar games in person. Every time, especially at parties, it would often be there but sitting collecting dust in a corner.

I'm sorry you weren't getting invited to parties between...

Actually wait no cancel this own, plastic instrument games weren't all that fun at parties and everyone always wanted to only play guitar in rock band

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jay Rust posted:

I played through the tutorial case and the first case of Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney this morning, and I thought it was really good! No dumb adventure logic (I didn't have to rub stuff against random stuff), and the pacing of the dialogue and the twists and turns is absolutely delightful.

Does the rest of game (and the two following games, Justice For All and Trials and Tribulations) more or less maintain that level of quality? The part I played through was free, so I'm wondering if it's worth the twenty-four dollars to just buy the whole set.
They are fun games with funny stories, but you run into a different problem than the classic adventure game logic problem. The usual Ace Attorney problem is that you know the solution to whatever mystery but you don't know how the game wants you to express it. Even if you figure out things ahead of time you need to reveal them in the same order to fit their logic and sometimes you can get hung up on that. As for the quality level I'm too drat biased to judge that, I love them all.

Erata posted:

If you think that some things are good and cool, you'll probably think Night in the Woods is good and cool, too.
And if you enjoy it there's a huge untapped trove of fiction just like that at your local library. It's not my bag but definitely some people like it and it's good to have genre choices besides Military, Sci Fi and Hobbits

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

The heck does "adulting" mean

Millennials making ironic jokes about stuff like paying bills and going grocery shopping

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Jay Rust posted:

I'd rather be adultering than adulting
I'd rather be adulterating. Food science is crazy

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I apologize for the consecutive posts, I'm at work and quoting multiple people is a pain in awful app

Hope everyone's having an alright day

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Looper posted:

I apologize for the consecutive posts, I'm at work and quoting multiple people is a pain in awful app

Hope everyone's having an alright day

It is, but what I usually do is quote one person, then hit the back button, then quote the next person and hit "append" when it asks about my saved draft.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Looper posted:

I'm sorry you weren't getting invited to parties between...

Actually wait no cancel this own, plastic instrument games weren't all that fun at parties and everyone always wanted to only play guitar in rock band

Bass was the "I'm too drunk/not drunk enough for vocals or guitar" option

Much like in real life

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah how else would you do it

Edit: oh hello old friend, been a while since that guy wanted to waste money again

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I liked vocals because public speaking is the one thing I'm not shy about, also I can't sing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

I liked vocals because public speaking is the one thing I'm not shy about, also I can't sing

OK Bono

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
for some reason or another i could never get the audio and video to sync up properly on guitar hero 5 and the game was completely unplayable for me

none of my mates ever had a problem with it tho? 🤔

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Look at all these people who don't know that drums was the best instrument by virtue of taking up the most space.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

my fav guitar hero 3 instrument

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I play air guitar while listening to the song on CD, 100% accuracy

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Help Im Alive posted:

my fav guitar hero 3 instrument

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
is guitar hero live any good?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I own this PS2 controller. I don't really have any other PS2 controllers that aren't worn out or grimy/dusty as hell. I'm gonna want a second controller at some point, but it has to be something relatively unique - but still affordable. Any suggestions?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Oh ok so "adulting" is just like

someone going "Hey I've gotta go adulting and pick up some groceries" or whatever

ok

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

a-dulting we will go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh ok so "adulting" is just like

someone going "Hey I've gotta go adulting and pick up some groceries" or whatever

ok

Yeah or like "I did the dishes, paid all the bills, and vacuumed. Adulting sucks"

• Locked thread