Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Once thing this game does better than souls is that you can whack heads off and your sword gets all bloody. I always wished they had that in souls.

You've played Bloodborne, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Can I fight the same boss 8 times like in Okami with basically no change, even with a method to stun a head? Yes. Yes I can, Game at least there was a checkpoint, I flubbed my first try due to greed.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Darth Walrus posted:

No decapitations in bloodborne, and no flicking the blood off your weapons either.

I don't even think the shake off emote shakes blood off your coat.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Help me out with Soul Match. I have a Nami-oyogi Kanemitsu (warrior of the west water sword) that I love. Attack 508, purple "change to attack (heart) A+" making it still the strongest thing I have despite being level 58. I can use soul match to bring it to level 74, which makes the attack 533, bit brings the "change to attack (heart) A-"

Is this normal? None of the other attributes like water damage or damage from behind change, just the heart scaling. Should I avoid doing this?

E: is it lowering because my familiarity will be back down to 0?

E2: thanks!

zelah fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Feb 25, 2017

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

zelah posted:

Help me out with Soul Match. I have a Nami-oyogi Kanemitsu (warrior of the west water sword) that I love. Attack 508, purple "change to attack (heart) A+" making it still the strongest thing I have despite being level 58. I can use soul match to bring it to level 74, which makes the attack 533, bit brings the "change to attack (heart) A-"

Is this normal? None of the other attributes like water damage or damage from behind change, just the heart scaling. Should I avoid doing this?

When you rebuild the familiarity it should return to A+

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
I've grabbed every smithing text I can think of but sitting at 89.8% completion. Anyone know of any I might have missed or should I chock it up to 100% completion bugs like my 99.6 title completion.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress you guys weren't kidding about that high stance kusarigama heavy attack. Who needs shurikens. :shepface:

Tips on the most fun early game ninja jutsus?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Darth Walrus posted:

I'm not saying it doesn't have a fantastic amount of blood but there is nothing like choppin a head off in video games.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

veni veni veni posted:

I'm not saying it doesn't have a fantastic amount of blood but there is nothing like choppin a head off in video games.

With an arrow no less.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Deified Data posted:

Holy gently caress you guys weren't kidding about that high stance kusarigama heavy attack. Who needs shurikens. :shepface:

Hmm.

The spikes on the floor that slow enemies.
It stacks with paralysis and sloth and stepping on any ONE spike gives full duration :getin: All 3 plus an element is pretty much guaranteed confusion stat (the yin/yang like symbol)

the bombs are nice,

Most important ninjutsu? QUICK CHANGE SCROLL more or less when you die, you revive with about 1/5 of your health and pop back onto the field. if you have elixrs left it makes a HUGE difference. it's the difference between returning to a shrine vs popping back into the fight fully healed depending on the boss and their attack patterns, with the right unlimited ninjutsu % it can be more or less being invincible as long as you don't die to dumb multi hit attacks or the boss is in a weird ai phase. (to explain it, you "die" then pop in from the sky with a bit of recovery frames. so long as the enemy isn't actively still attacking you can roll away and heal)
IIRC it can be fairly early ninjutsu.

If you ever do/redo spider castle. don't bother with kunais or arrows, use rocks, only 1 spider can't be hit with them, but you can run under it to make it fall, but yeah. most elemental kunai are for extending a status effect not introducing them.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 26, 2017

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Yeah. Wasn't impressed with the ending. This was a 9/10 up to Region 3,and then it dipped to a 7.5 for me. The Variety wasn't there the plot didn't go anywhere, really. It was a chase with no Target, Yes, the Guardian spirit, but kelley basically succeeded with his plan and it did Jack poo poo. What threat was he again? . Probs to Nobunaga for not being literally Hitler in a Japanese Game. Wasn't a fan of the boss rush or Orochi or that random Hundred Eyes out of nowhere, either. Who was that guy? John Dee?

Anyway, strong start, weak finish, balance issues.

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Feb 26, 2017

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
What i noticed story wise and kinda like more than souls and borne is that the mc kinda semi-actively took part as poo poo went on vs souls borne where you show up after and kinda string it together and go oh yeah that awesome world changing thing happened then i kinda toyed with it further.

But tats entirely personal.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

SectumSempra posted:

What i noticed story wise and kinda like more than souls and borne is that the mc kinda semi-actively took part as poo poo went on vs souls borne where you show up after and kinda string it together and go oh yeah that awesome world changing thing happened then i kinda toyed with it further.

But tats entirely personal.

I liked that, I wish the Villain was stronger. I didn't care much for Kelley.

William was better than expected, as was Hanzo and Okatsu.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

Yeah. Wasn't impressed with the ending. This was a 9/10 up to Region 3,and then it dipped to a 7.5 for me. The Variety wasn't there the plot didn't go anywhere, really. It was a chase with no Target, Yes, the Guardian spirit, but kelley basically succeeded with his plan and it did Jack poo poo. What threat was he again? . Probs to Nobunaga for not being literally Hitler in a Japanese Game. Wasn't a fan of the boss rush or Orochi or that random Hundred Eyes out of nowhere, either. Who was that guy? John Dee?

Anyway, strong start, weak finish, balance issues.

Having just finished the game I won't lie my single favorite moment was (last mission spoilers) Nobunaga turning out to just not give a poo poo about any of this. Thanks for the duel, gaijin! Now I'm off, scrubs. Kelley being so put out by it was hilarious.

I choose to see the Nobunaga battle as the real last boss in true Soulsian fashion, and every fight that comes after is just an interactive cutscene.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Meiteron posted:

Having just finished the game I won't lie my single favorite moment was (last mission spoilers) Nobunaga turning out to just not give a poo poo about any of this. Thanks for the duel, gaijin! Now I'm off, scrubs. Kelley being so put out by it was hilarious.

I choose to see the Nobunaga battle as the real last boss in true Soulsian fashion, and every fight that comes after is just an interactive cutscene.

I chuckled at that, really. the fight was basic, but fun. Peacock mixed it up enough.

I loved that the trailer hinted as Nobunaga as the villain, kinda. Great red herring

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Feb 26, 2017

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
The problem Souls faced is they kind of ran out of awesome world changing things after a while so eventually it felt like you were a spectator of nothing, or at least the same events over and over. Giving William more agency in Nioh was one of the changes I enjoyed and another thing that made the game feel fresh.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Lol I've literally skipped every cutscene once I realized you're forced to be this goofy Scotsman. So, basically since Tower of London.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
This game got a million times easier once I learned I needed to double tap dodge to get my i-frames.

Any reason to forge? I can make some sweet gear, especially by save-scumming, but it doesn't seem worthwhile because everything dies to my patented "hit them in the butt" technique from the souls games.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

To make your own sweet set. I'm 100% confident that nothing in this game is necessary just do whatever you want and break the game over your knee as hard or as softly as you would like.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Deified Data posted:

Shurikens and kunai are great for draining the ki of flying enemies and tagging humans who overextended. If you like explosions like me, you can load up kayaku-dama, hiroku-dama, flame shurikens, and the hilarious mega hiroku-dama to blow up the world. The status shells work on everything- blinding powder makes Onryoki throw his stupid balls sideways. Paralysis shells are a little less useful because of how that status works but poison shells are nice.

My favorite thing to do against onyudo and other big yokai was hit them with a makabishi ball, and while they were flinching around nail them in the face with the mega hiroku-dama to kill them instantly.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Hackan Slash posted:

This game got a million times easier once I learned I needed to double tap dodge to get my i-frames.

Any reason to forge? I can make some sweet gear, especially by save-scumming, but it doesn't seem worthwhile because everything dies to my patented "hit them in the butt" technique from the souls games.

Making a set in NG+ is pretty fun because it lets you mix and match set bonuses. Plus, in NG+ it's a lot easier to keep gear up-to-date instead of just replacing it all the time, so any time you spend forging (and then reforging for good traits) is a lot more likely to pay off. But also nothing is ever nearly hard enough to make the min-maxing like that strictly necessary, it's just fun to break the game in half as thoroughly as possible.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I need to stop using my masks on any hosts who haven't lit the fires for bozo.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Alteisen posted:

I love that gaming makes people write phrases like this that must mean something but are absolutely inscrutable to me, and I rather like the mystery because nothing can be better than what I imagine.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Glenn Quebec posted:

Lol I've literally skipped every cutscene once I realized you're forced to be this goofy Scotsman. So, basically since Tower of London.

weird post for a variety of reasons

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Glenn Quebec posted:

I refashion every helmet to the Nue Mask and it makes the cutscenes totally worth watching.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

gently caress the side missions with only one shrine.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Finished it. Good game overall, but by the last stretch I just wanted it to end. The repetition of environments and enemies really grates.

Also people weren't kidding, Orochi really is a poo poo sandwich of a boss. Thank God for copious projectile weapons.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Alteisen posted:

Maybe they're going for the title?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

lets hang out posted:

weird post for a variety of reasons

Just kind of wanted to be a Japanese samurai

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Glenn Quebec posted:

Um William is Irish jeez man

Some people I tell ya

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

I chuckled at that, really. the fight was basic, but fun. Peacock mixed it up enough.

I loved that the trailer hinted as Nobunaga as the villain, kinda. Great red herring

Maybe it'll be DLC but as far as I can tell from the post-game fight Nobunaga ends the game just sort of out in the world being a chill bro. He's basically Dracula except seems content to just know he's better than everyone else.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I just went back and did the warrior of the west fight at level 60, and being 33 levels over made him easy obviously , but I was still kind of shocked at how lovely that fight is and I still died to him once. I don't get why they made him literally 5 times harder than anything else in the game. I've even done similar dual missions at 60, under the recommended level and they are easier than him. Like, he is such a piece of poo poo it's kind of astounding.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

He remains the most memorable enemy in the game for me, mainly because I died to him 378 times. Looking back on it, I had fun

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Only took 39 for me and I did it ASAP

I was really thinking it was going to be hundreds but once I learned to dash through him and attack his ki I had an easy time

If I didn't fight him that early I don't think I'd enjoy this game. That fight made me learn A LOT about what I was doing wrong.

"Why do ki damage when I can just mash and kill poo poo. Oh. OHH!!"

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Oh yeah I got sick of toad so I did a buddy co-op and we smoked his rear end.

I almost just want to do all co-op until the game end but waiting for people suuuucks.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Glenn Quebec posted:

I skipped all of the cutscenes, but have seen most of them dozens of times. Hey, if you're summoning and have never been to the boss, just skip the loving cutscene dude, especially if it's after the fight. Let me go.

You can rewatch any of them in the menus IIRC.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I just accidentally sold every single in my store including crafting poo poo and consumables. :suicide:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

This game is too hard :(

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

As a retard I'm not sure how ng+ works I just beat the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Glenn Quebec posted:

As a retard I'm not sure how ng+ works I just beat the game

Go to the country map and hit square.