Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lightbulb Out posted:

Is it just me, or does it look like one wheel is turned more than the other?

It is, but I think the perspective is exaggerating it a lot too.

It's called ackermann, meant to solve the problem of the inside and outside wheel following circles of slightly different radii when turning:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ackermann_steering_geometry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

"Your honor, I'd like to present our first piece of evidence in this custody trial."

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high
Modern Family does a pretty good job with the Toyota product placement they do. For the amount of time they get the 'T' emblem in shots I don't think I've ever heard them specifically mention Toyota and when I mentioned this to my GF she was completely unaware.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Product placement always leaps out at you if it's something that interests you.

Says the guy who bought a bottle of Blanton's after watching John Wick 1 & 2 back to back.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2005-Sportsmobile-CUSTOM-DESIGN-120615319

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Not the first time it's been posted but it's the first time I've seen pictures of the interior and holy poo poo.

Pretty sure the front wheels spend about half the time in the air too.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Dude really wanted an aztek.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

InitialDave posted:

Says the guy who bought a bottle of Blanton's after watching John Wick 1 & 2 back to back.

I don't really like Audis but holy gently caress aren't they in every Marvel Studios movie, especially the Iron Man ones.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

You Am I posted:

I don't really like Audis but holy gently caress aren't they in every Marvel Studios movie, especially the Iron Man ones.
I meant more that cars interest you.

But yeah.

GutBomb posted:

Dude really wanted an aztek.
In fairness and relating to this, Breaking Bad was on point with some of their car choices. A PT Cruiser cast to be the most disappointing car to get as a teenage boy? Daaaamn.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I want to see the 0-60 in that.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

I feel bad for the kids. Unless of course, they designed and built it, which wouldn't surprise me.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
"Car gets 24 mph on flat terrain"

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

I want to see the 0-60 in that.

unless you mean after being driven off a cliff

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

InitialDave posted:

In fairness and relating to this, Breaking Bad was on point with some of their car choices. A PT Cruiser cast to be the most disappointing car to get as a teenage boy? Daaaamn.

Yeah, I really sympathized with him then. Poor kid.

Gay Weed Dad posted:

Modern Family does a pretty good job with the Toyota product placement they do. For the amount of time they get the 'T' emblem in shots I don't think I've ever heard them specifically mention Toyota and when I mentioned this to my GF she was completely unaware.

Huh, I've never even thought about this before, but yeah.

Also interesting that they let the van get beaten up in that one episode [where Cam / the others slingshot a watermelon into the side of it]. Typically when I think of product placement I think of the products being shown in the absolute best possible light, and I tend to think with cars especially how a lot of video games use fake cars due in part to damage modeling concerns.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Who the gently caress uses Bing? :confused:

Bing is much better at photo and video searches. :colbert:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

InitialDave posted:

I couldn't stop laughing in the theatre during the highway scene in The Matrix Reloaded: Every single vehicle, both real and CG, are GM products, in addition to the then-brand-new Cadillacs driven by all the main characters with an embarrassing amount of screen time.

I think there's a scene where someone lands on the hood of an Alero, and just smashes the gently caress out of it. I started crying with joy/laughter.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

MrYenko posted:

I couldn't stop laughing in the theatre during the highway scene in The Matrix Reloaded: Every single vehicle, both real and CG, are GM products, in addition to the then-brand-new Cadillacs driven by all the main characters with an embarrassing amount of screen time.

Yeah but that was a computer simulation of a highway. They clearly just downloaded GM_Early_2000s_Model_Pack.zip and copied/pasted everywhere.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah but that was a computer simulation of a highway. They clearly just downloaded GM_Early_2000s_Model_Pack.zip and copied/pasted everywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8cA5mU59uI

Car Boys is great videogame stuff.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Sagebrush posted:

It wasn't, gm donated like a hundred cars to be used for filming it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Best part of that is the truck with no axles.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

What are you, some kind of agent?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

BraveUlysses posted:

In the context of the movie, it was a simulation.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Seriously Car Boys is fantastic

donut
Feb 4, 2001

MrYenko posted:

I think there's a scene where someone lands on the hood of an Alero, and just smashes the gently caress out of it. I started crying with joy/laughter.
As I recall, a lot of them were specifically Oldsmobiles because that was when they were phasing the brand out so they had a lot of them lying around they weren't going to have much use for.

While trying to research this, I stumbled across an Oldsmobile Aurora enthusiast board (:lol:) that was totally stoked on all the Oldsmobile screen time.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

donut posted:

As I recall, a lot of them were specifically Oldsmobiles because that was when they were phasing the brand out so they had a lot of them lying around they weren't going to have much use for.
Makes sense. The Ford Explorers in Jurassic Park were flood cars, while all the cop cars that get smashed up in Smokey and the Bandit II were apparently a refused delivery of hire cars due to being the wrong spec.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

InitialDave posted:

Makes sense. The Ford Explorers in Jurassic Park were flood cars, while all the cop cars that get smashed up in Smokey and the Bandit II were apparently a refused delivery of hire cars due to being the wrong spec.

I've got it! Remake the chase scene from Blues Brothers with recalled Volkswagens! Biggest car chase/smash scene ever!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Memento posted:

I've got it! Remake the chase scene from Blues Brothers with recalled Volkswagens! Biggest car chase/smash scene ever!
Blues Brothers, awesome car chase, and destroying diesel road cars. I like the cut of your jib.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Ooh you may be onto something here. I bet with clever accounting, they could turn a profit on every car they smash.

Maybe we could suggest a film of our own and get the funding to make it from Volkswagon?

Uwe Boll make a career of this and he has no talent at all.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

turn it into a horror movie, plumb the exhaust of one into the intake of another, and see how many it takes until the last one can't run.

the Volkswagen centipede.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I laughed:

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/5985411173.html

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Powershift posted:

turn it into a horror movie, plumb the exhaust of one into the intake of another, and see how many it takes until the last one can't run.

the Volkswagen centipede.

Twist ending: it actually increases performance until a chain reaction of runaways starts, violently destroying every car past the first two.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

"Oh, wait, that's 4 zeros not a $6k Fiero-kit thing. What's it got to be a replica worth $60,000?" :catbert:
I legitimately do not understand what I'm looking at, but it appears to be some sort of sisyphean endeavor of turning the ...venerable.... V6 Mercury Cougar into a modern Ferrari with a T-top by building the car backwards. What's the end goal of this scheme and just simply, why?

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
"I want to build a mid engine kit car"

*picks FWD ford*

:thumbsup:

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
That looks like a DNA kit; http://www.dnaautomotiveusa.com/

They do a Mercedes-based California lookalike too, which is actually fairly convincing, plus is both RWD and equipped with a reasonable engine.

Content:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222407537180

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
I think I can hear my MX5 crying outside..

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

"Kill... me..."

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Theres no way this hooptie pos is street legal. Right?
RIGHT?

stump posted:

I feel bad for the kids. Unless of course, they designed and built it, which wouldn't surprise me.

I suspect those are the source photos for missing children posters.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Yeah its a drag car.

I'm late to the party, but I very much wanted to articulate how much I enjoyed this comment. Well done, sir!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

At least the cinder blocks are stacked in the strong direction :shobon: