Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

if you live in a county with food health and safety standards and you have your meat well done you are literally a traitor

Ed Ball likes his meat medium rare, or so ive heard, why does he have to be stuck in the uk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

medium steak meat tastes funky after like 12 hours in the fridge and i chop them up to put in omelettes or burritos the next day

i've never encountered a steak that i didn't finish on the spot so i cannot confirm or deny this

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Leviathan posted:

meat is merciful euthanasia cause the cows no longer have to live in this timeline
good point.

FAUXTON posted:

Why do libertarians always have dork-rear end names
because they are dork-asses, pretty simple bing bing bong bong

Eifert Posting posted:

Getting a steak well done is a massive, shrieking character flaw.
i don't know, constantly talking about how people should or shouldn't like their food is a big character flaw too... that said, MEAT'S MURDER YOU CUCKS

FactsAreUseless posted:

They basically have the same backstories as supervillains.
good point!

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

Why would you butter a steak?

not on the steak, on the plate. don't knock it til u try it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

petition to move the current :feelsgood: to :swastika: and put bustin ray as the new :feelsgood:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Agean90 posted:

if you live in a county with food health and safety standards and you have your meat well done you are literally a traitor
What if you live in America?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Actually that's when you want it as rare as possible so when you reheat it it turns medium and still has some pink left
sounds like I need to re-demicrobe my fridge then :<

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leviathan posted:

not on the steak, on the plate. don't knock it til u try it

I guess I've never eaten a steak and thought "this should be greasier."

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Nichael posted:

, MEAT'S MURDER YOU CUCKS

it also describes what DT did to American politics last year

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

the only time a pudding is acceptable well done is if you plan to take it home and eat it for later, otherwise lmaooooooooooooooooooooo if you don't want some juciness of a medium or rarer

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nichael posted:

good point.

because they are dork-asses, pretty simple bing bing bong bong

i don't know, constantly talking about how people should or shouldn't like their food is a big character flaw too... that said, MEAT'S MURDER YOU CUCKS

good point!

only human meat is, maybe find a different supermarket?????

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

you can't turn your back on spirit cooking

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

FactsAreUseless posted:

But a steak with a medallion of like chive butter or some other flavoured butter is the best thing you can put in your mouth. Besides like hella dick.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

people big on steak want it really greasy and fat-gloppy

even though it's not my thing, fat is flavor for quite a few people

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Squizzle posted:

i refuse to stop eating delicious, free-range redditors

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

if you want extra greasiness with your steak, sautee onions in butter and serve alongside instead of just slathering the plate with butter

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

apatheticman posted:

But a steak with a medallion of like chive butter or some other flavoured butter is the best thing you can put in your mouth. Besides like hella dick.
My favorite steak topping is a red wine reduction, but I guess I can see it.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I admit I went along with one of those overhead accelerated facebook cooking videos once and made Garlic Butter Steak. It essentially partially fried the steak in heaps of butter & oil, and adding the rosemary turned it crispy and brown.

It was delicious, but I shaved off a few years off my life.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
Perez won. Anything else I should know about today? Trump break his piss chugging record or anything?

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

FactsAreUseless posted:

i don't think it's absolutely necessary for a fattier cut like ribeye, but i like filets served this style or with a sauce like au poivre or bearnaise

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jazerus posted:

you can't turn your back on spirit cooking

sometines thats the way its gotta happen tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmYsRcLMvO8&t=155s

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Perez won. Anything else I should know about today? Trump break his piss chugging record or anything?

The Democrats are about to win the special election in Delaware, which keeps the Senate in Democratic control.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

BAE OF PIGS posted:

Special election in Delaware going pretty good atm

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Squizzle posted:

sometines thats the way its gotta happen tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmYsRcLMvO8&t=155s

"just pee in the corner, whatever"

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Why would you butter a steak?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akO6D_tc0lo

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

logikv9 posted:

I admit I went along with one of those overhead accelerated facebook cooking videos once and made Garlic Butter Steak. It essentially partially fried the steak in heaps of butter & oil, and adding the rosemary turned it crispy and brown.

It was delicious, but I shaved off a few years off my life.

We'll all die in the nuclear apocalypse anyway. Why do anything healthy?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leviathan posted:

i don't think it's absolutely necessary for a fattier cut like ribeye, but i like filets served this style or with a sauce like au poivre or bearnaise
I've never tried steak with bearnaise. I get cheap NY strips and t-bones on clearance at the store, because my girlfriend and I don't eat steak that often, so we don't tend to get filet, except for what comes on a t-bone.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

apatheticman posted:

We'll all die in the nuclear apocalypse anyway. Why do anything healthy?
having the energy to run from a maga mutant apocalypse

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

FactsAreUseless posted:

What if you live in America?

Some brands are safe in America but most not

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

having the energy to run from a maga mutant apocalypse

I'm worried that excess body fat will simply make my death slower as I am trapped under a collapsed building for months and months

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Just LMAO if you dont already have a cyanide capsule embedded in your teeth that you can crunch at any time.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Flank steak is the best cut imo. Plant in some garlic, grill to mid rare. Eat with chimichurri.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i should get a sous-vide electroboiler thingamabob, apparently you can make some Real Good Rare Steaks from it

logikv9 posted:

I'm worried that excess body fat will simply make my death slower as I am trapped under a collapsed building for months and months
this as well

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Meat is murder, which is why you should ensure the animal in question dies the tastiest death possible.

I'd feel better about my own death if I knew someone was going to get a good meal out of it.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

logikv9 posted:

Actually.you'll die of thirst within 3 days no matter how much of a fat gently caress you are.

In fact, you're probably more likely to die earlier in this scenario, due to having a larger body mass

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

logikv9 posted:

Once we don't have electricity you'll need that fat to survive winter like the North Pond Hermit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Thomas_Knight

wikipedia posted:

Christopher Thomas Knight (born 7 December 1965), also known as the North Pond Hermit, is a former hermit who lived almost without human contact for 27 years in the woods in Maine. He survived by committing approximately 1,000 burglaries against houses in the area, or approximately 40 per year. Apart from the fear and notoriety his many burglaries created in the local area, Knight's unusual life also attracted widespread international media reports upon his capture.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

i should get a sous-vide electroboiler thingamabob, apparently you can make some Real Good Rare Steaks from it

this as well

hoooooooo yeah there's a series of articles i keep reading about what can sous vide and what can't and i am perpetually tempted :sweatdrop:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

can you sous vide a carrot?

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

this guys videos own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BAE OF PIGS posted:

yeah trumm started the bucket of piss. Hallenge for some autism chadity

• Locked thread