Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

afkmacro posted:

They do need an EOD op though but it would have been American and they already have too many operators.

Delta City is an independent city state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Carecat posted:

Tank controls.

Best one, everybody else go home

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Doom Guy - Can rip operators apart with bare hands. You get a feeling he's seen some poo poo.

Spartan - Only one with an energy shield. Impossible to take down. Game breaking.

Nickname Pending fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 25, 2017

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9wlMbiGUMQ

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Nickname Pending posted:

Doom Guy - Can rip operators apart with bare hands. You get a feeling he's seen some poo poo.

Spartan - Only one with an energy shield. Impossible to take down. Game breaking.

The DOOM SLAYER does not kill humans.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Daily reminder that Echo needs some changes

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Echo good so what

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Suspended 30 minutes for team killing. First guy ran in front of my shot. Second jumped into a room he knew I was Fuzing. First two were complete accidents. I then get blatantly killed by the same guy at the start of next round so I get even and kill him the round after. Booted and suspended. I wish there was a better system in place to detect poo poo like this. I also just need to not play casual because of trash players.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The DOOM SLAYER does not kill humans.

When playing as DOOMGUY, all opponents show up as demons with low resolution hitler heads.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Are the servers down for anyone else on PC?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://gfycat.com/PowerlessJoyfulArawana

its like poetry

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Knifegrab posted:

Are the servers down for anyone else on PC?

Down on Xbox too.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If they start trying to teabag you, might as well crawl out of the zone.

Hard, explain why you guys are releasing these retarded headgear and silly customization options when you could be putting these out instead:

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 25, 2017

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Hard, explain why you guys are releasing these retarded headgear and silly customization options when you could be putting these out instead:

hell, i'd pay real money for badass uniforms like that instead of loving clowns and poo poo

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Basticle posted:

hell, i'd pay real money for badass uniforms like that instead of loving clowns and poo poo

gently caress YOU! JUGGALO 4 LYFE!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sultan Tarquin posted:

You mean sprinting around the map one shotting people with flying scissors kicks?

Yes, god yes.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Orv posted:

Yes, god yes.

Finally, my brother. Fear 1 MP was the loving best.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Flying kick over a deployable shield into Tachanka's face. :gizz:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Finally, my brother. Fear 1 MP was the loving best.

Oh man F.E.A.R. MP was the tits. Too bad only 30 us thought so.

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Why does everybody insist on wearing face masks. Operating hardcore while obstructing your breathing sucks, no matter what shape youre in

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I did an oopsie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJVE0qwvzuw

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Medlar posted:

Why does everybody insist on wearing face masks. Operating hardcore while obstructing your breathing sucks, no matter what shape youre in

Theyre usually very thin material that don't obstruct breathing to any meaningful degree.

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
This game was 20buck on Ubisoft so I grabbed it during the overwatch off season. I'm really glad I did, it seems fun as hell so far. The grind for operators and attachments make me REALLY glad that I ponied up the extra 5buck for the standard edition instead of starter.

I'm still bumbling my way through every map and I'm definitely not used to being able to shoot through walls, but twice now I've gotten 4kills when everyone breaches through a door that I wasn't expecting and I hose them down with kapkans SMG and that feels Really good.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

nice post/av combo

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Paradigmata posted:

Daily reminder that Echo needs some changes

How is echo broken? I never queue against him and none of the dudes I roll with ever play as him.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

AnElegantPeacock posted:

How is echo broken? I never queue against him and none of the dudes I roll with ever play as him.

People who are incredibly good at the game get lots of kills with him

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

People who are incredibly good at the game get lots of kills with him

Ah, that explains why me and my crew never encounter him.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Real talk, one of our main siege dudes plays Echo in casual all the time because the drone is insanely useful but doesn't use it in ranked because the bug where the drone changes the direction it's looking at every time you get on/off it will get you killed.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

Nickname Pending posted:

Suspended 30 minutes for team killing. First guy ran in front of my shot. Second jumped into a room he knew I was Fuzing. First two were complete accidents. I then get blatantly killed by the same guy at the start of next round so I get even and kill him the round after. Booted and suspended. I wish there was a better system in place to detect poo poo like this. I also just need to not play casual because of trash players.

Wait so you knew it'd be your 3rd TK but you still killed him because you just couldn't let him get away with it? You got baited into kicking yourself there.

Lex Neville fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Feb 26, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Echo is valk with worse guns

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Echo is valk with worse guns

Valk's shotgun used to be king, and then got nerfed into oblivion. The SMG is okay but the recoil pattern changes wildly between attachments.

I would not be surprised if there wasn't a giant and immediate drop in shotgun use after the semi-auto nerf, especially on Valkyrie players, since you don't have a decent sidearm to use for longer range shots. The only people I see still regularly using shotguns these days are players with a decent sidearm to fall back on (Cav, Smoke, Echo). Attacker shotguns are so rare outside of recruit rushes they're a nonevent.

The Deagle is great at blowing holes in walls and dogshit otherwise, if you get killed by a Deagle it's the sidearm equivalent of teabagging.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 26, 2017

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Do they realise how much money they'd make from unmasked versions of IQ and Twitch?

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Would be nice if Valk's SMG wasn't so weedy at 25 damage although I appreciate the range. Maybe the D-50 is meant to be a sniper handgun but that recoil and animation blocking your view really harm it.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Parallel Playa posted:

Wait so you knew it'd be your 3rd TK but you still killed him because you just couldn't let him get away with it? You got baited into kicking yourself there.

In my defense, I've only had this game a couple of weeks and had no idea there was a suspension for TK.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved

AnElegantPeacock posted:

That was the point. He is garbage and needs changes.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
automatic shotguns work pretty well if you shoot them until you run out of bullets or the thing in front of you is dead/destroyed

i like using valk on experienced teams because once you toss a couple cams up you can roam around and find yourself in some really fun shootouts.

make sure you save one of her cameras though so that when you down an enemy player you can throw it them and catch their soul in your pokeball

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Paradigmata posted:

That was the point. He is garbage and needs changes.

Give yokai the ability to both spot enemies and mark (yellow hud thing), boom, echo is good now. Make his spotting not alert enemies to the fact that he has been spotted.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
Ok having a lot of fun, is it worth getting the season 2 pass?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

1500 posted:

Depends on how much you find yourself playing. If a lot then it is not really needed, otherwise it is a nice shortcut to unlock the DLC operators, and a few cosmetic items here and there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

1500 posted:

Do you see yourself playing this game for the next year? If so, then yes. If not, then there's probably something wrong with you.

• Locked thread