Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Psycho Landlord posted:

Apparently the idea was that you go in with your build and that's it, you can never change. Despite Borg being in the spawn rotation.

What I'm getting at is that this event sounds real loving stupid.

Engies loving it means you can change your build, but making the arena trivial just makes it tedious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't changed my ground build since the last time some interesting new ground modules were released. I've never wanted to change a thing mid battle and don't know why anyone would.

There are non energy weapons anyway so just have one equipped in your offhand slot and go nuts if you meet borg.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Is anyone else changing Spec for ground? I switched up to Command/intel just because I had Pilot slotted.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Intel/Commando seems to be a good way to go.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Technical Analysis posted:

Intel/Commando seems to be a good way to go.

Thank you for this technical analysis, Technical Analysis.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/AmbassadorKael/status/835169286431789056

goony AF, check that unwashed hair

ambassador kael, reveal your secret goon identity

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hakimashou posted:

Lies that is clearly a public space where normal people go.

Goons would be doing that in a badly lit basement, alone.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1228762/griefers

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

This guy must love the gun that makes it rain red fish.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The anniversary of Leonard Nimoy's death is feb. 27th, in 3 days.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Please voice your support for Nbreeki as forums mod.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1228717/time-for-a-mod-rotation/p1

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
You don't appreciate how bad some people are at the easiest mmo on the market until you pug ground arenas. It's pretty funny.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

hakimashou posted:

DancingShade posted:

Lies that is clearly a public space where normal people go.

Goons would be doing that in a badly lit basement, alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYBAILEnTgo

He's complaining about pew pew in a pew pew game? Does he go to parties and complain about the loud music as well?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So.... Will my completely hetero-sexual officer deal with the stuff that was laid before him?

No problem, right?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Even the pubbies support your space candidacy.

Cultural victory.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
So one of the high end DPS channels decided to see how far they could get in Sompek Arena.

Result ? They said fuckit and took a dive after 400 rounds. 4.75 hours total playtime. 19,680 dil payout plus all the other junk.

Dootman
Jun 15, 2000

fishbulb

MREBoy posted:

So one of the high end DPS channels decided to see how far they could get in Sompek Arena.

Result ? They said fuckit and took a dive after 400 rounds. 4.75 hours total playtime. 19,680 dil payout plus all the other junk.

So 5 hours to get 130 marks? Oh boy, sign me up.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

4 rounds, one token, a daily mark bonus, afk.

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I played this for like 45 minutes on PC a few years back. There's not a lot in the OP about the PS4 release. I'm assuming all the data still tracks?

I just hit level, like, 33 and decided if I'm going to keep playing, that I should look at how to best play this instead of just winging all my points and what not.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

MREBoy posted:

And at the other end of the spectrum:
https://clips.twitch.tv/masterjackwiz/ZanyPheasantDuDudu

Doctor_Acula posted:

I'm assuming all the data still tracks?
The OP isn't really up to date, but I don't think there's a big difference between the PC and console versions. You may get some lag when it comes to content, but I assume skills functions the same way.
There are a couple of guides on the wiki for new and returning players and how to distribute your skill points. Some recommendations (like setting up a spacebar macro) won't be applicable to you, but you'll probably figure out what those are and if there's something similar you can do on the console.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 26, 2017

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
Does SA have any fleet presence on PS4?
Also if I was gonna kick in some cash for a ship, what's a good science one? I've got the free I they give you for gaining Captain.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Vesta or your factional equivalent T6.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Can someone tell me if the one on the left's DPS is bugged? It doesn't seem in line with all the other weapons.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:
I haven't played this since beta, and since the OP doesn't even mention the TOS stuff I'm guessing it's not crazy up to date. What's the verdict on starting a first new character now?

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tac Romulan

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Tac Romulan

This, then go Federation at level 10.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
no make a KDF they are the best

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

hakimashou posted:

Even the pubbies support your space candidacy.

Cultural victory.

Yes, but as we both know very well, the popular vote doesn't count for much these days.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

pik_d posted:

Can someone tell me if the one on the left's DPS is bugged? It doesn't seem in line with all the other weapons.

Are you checking them both on the same ground map?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Doctor_Acula posted:

Does SA have any fleet presence on PS4?
Also if I was gonna kick in some cash for a ship, what's a good science one? I've got the free I they give you for gaining Captain.

I think there's one other person playing on console, assuming he didn't get tired and quit.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Tunicate posted:

Are you checking them both on the same ground map?

Yeah, I was checking them from the same place. It just seems odd that each discharge is about the same yet one has over 2x the DPS.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
The damage seems normal, it's just the listed dps that's odd but that's probably a typo. Really it's just that the tooltips in general are pretty much hosed and always have been.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Lagomorphic posted:

The damage seems normal, it's just the listed dps that's odd but that's probably a typo. Really it's just that the tooltips in general are pretty much hosed and always have been.

Back up.

I knew that the game was written in an endearingly childlike* way, but are the hover over tool tips for damage/attack and DPS really typed and not automatically generated?

*: lit, "retarded"

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lagomorphic posted:

Really it's just that the tooltips in general are pretty much hosed and always have been.

It's this.

^Automatically generated from what archaic arcane and interrelated modifiers written by former members of staff using undocumented spaghetti code you mean.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

hakimashou posted:

KDF best DF.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

hakimashou posted:

Certainly easier to get Dilithium.

I'm still overly annoyed that the Vo'Quv hasn't seen a upgrade, when that was one of KDF's 'things'. The closest was the Fleet Vo'Quv. God help you if you preferred the Mirror Vo'Quv layout.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

IPCRESS posted:

Back up.

I knew that the game was written in an endearingly childlike* way, but are the hover over tool tips for damage/attack and DPS really typed and not automatically generated?

*: lit, "retarded"

They're generated; at least, I think that's why if you mouseover space gear on ground and vice versa you get weird values.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012
So you can climb all over Spock's statue again, but you can't use a popper to make him ejaculate fish or urinate rainbows.

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please
Mister Dantastic did an impromptu StarfleetDental Giveaway around the Statue of Spock.
Everyone went from hating Dental and reporting us for Trolling to talking about how much they LOVE STARFLEET DENTAL in chat.
There's more to this story tho.
Place became a Ghost town when he said the ship giveaways were over.
Druk also gave out a Keldon to some random guy.

http://pastebin.com/VtTF5N8c

Damages include
T6 NX01 (I got this apparnetly)
Kelvin Dreadnought - Vengeance
TOS Constitution T6
Klingon D4x (2)
Cardassian Galor

Rahhmi fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Nimoy celebration of life 3.0 was good.

“If I meet God, I hope she's female. I'm touched by the power of women. I'm married to a feminist. And I'm troubled by the fact that women in our culture are congratulated most for losing weight.”
-Leonard Nimo

got someone to say "spock is a total cuck."

Gave a keldon to a stonewall fleet guy for his outfit, some random pubbie got a vonph for having the name @carcossa.

some bitching about dental troles, but mostly the reception was good

• Locked thread