Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MichiganCubbie posted:

I remember my dad telling me about the fight above the volcano and Anakin falling into it back in the late 80s. I don't remember if he read it in Starlog or got it from somewhere else, but that was common knowledge for me too.

I know it was mentioned in the novelization of Return of the Jedi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I clearly remember knowing that Vader was messed up on some lava planet before knowing he was Luke's father, so there must have been something before ESB that floated it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Huh looking him up Lyste was in a lot of episodes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
That was a good episode

But Oh know, Kallus :(

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

That was easily one of my favourite episodes from this season. I really enjoyed it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I don't see a happy ending for this season. :(

Or well, really the series even.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
I really like how the star wars universe doesn't have fingerprinting tech

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011

exmarx posted:

Fingerprints can be modified, code cylinders are secure! :downs:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

exmarx posted:

Assuming that all aliens even have fingerprints, how prejudiced :colbert:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Good episode, neat to see code cylinders used. Although unless door controls/computers have their own sockets for them the Imperials must bebd over a lot given those sockets are at astromech height.

exmarx posted:

Well, it is a long time ago...

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
That's always been one of my favorite things about Star Wars though. Sure it's space ships and laser blasters and lightsabers but the technology is generally grungy and utilitarian. No posh transporter and sparkling clean ships, the Falcon is a junker, etc. When Luke pulls out his Macrobinoculars in ANH the screen is fuzzy and staticy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Medullah posted:

That's always been one of my favorite things about Star Wars though. Sure it's space ships and laser blasters and lightsabers but the technology is generally grungy and utilitarian. No posh transporter and sparkling clean ships, the Falcon is a junker, etc. When Luke pulls out his Macrobinoculars in ANH the screen is fuzzy and staticy.

A lot of the basic technology principles aren't new either. Hyperdrive is so old (to the tune of like 40,000+ years) no-one remembers who invented it.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
This episode played out a lot like a really good antag round on SS13.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Thrawn is such a boss.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
If nothing else that episode actually showed Thrawn's art gimmick working right. He recognized the art style and used that to connect a mystery person to known rebels, and in turn used that to implicate Kallus as the spy in a way that actually makes sense.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I expect that Thrawn will catch Kallus in the act, and then use him as bait to draw the Rebels out because he knows that they're not going to let one of their own be executed when they think they have a chance of rescuing them. Though something will happen that Thrawn didn't anticipate, like another Imperial was a Rebel Agent, or didn't account for Sabine and her family showing up or something else.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

so what are the odds that Ezra gave Thrawn the location of Chopper Base because Thrawn knows a planet is missing? Thrawn seems like one of those people that even something small like that would not go unnoticed

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I expect that Thrawn will catch Kallus in the act, and then use him as bait to draw the Rebels out because he knows that they're not going to let one of their own be executed when they think they have a chance of rescuing them. Though something will happen that Thrawn didn't anticipate, like another Imperial was a Rebel Agent, or didn't account for Sabine and her family showing up or something else.

I think the most likely outcome is Thrawn feeding Kallus false info and then completely blindsiding the Rebellion, making him look like a triple agent.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Yousa thinking yousa people ganna die?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think the most likely outcome is Thrawn feeding Kallus false info and then completely blindsiding the Rebellion, making him look like a triple agent.

And then Kallus dying while buying a window for the Ghost, and a handful of the other rebels, to escape.

Also the Empire has to know about Gar Saxon and what it means, you can't hide the death of the Viceroy of Mandalore for very long.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Feb 27, 2017

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Aces High posted:

so what are the odds that Ezra gave Thrawn the location of Chopper Base because Thrawn knows a planet is missing? Thrawn seems like one of those people that even something small like that would not go unnoticed

It seemed like that was exactly what he was doing when he looked back at the star map.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

NTRabbit posted:

Also the Empire has to know about Gar Saxon and what it means, you can't hide the death of the Viceroy of Mandalore for very long.

Sure you can. He wears the helmet a lot, and Sabine's got Jedi friends that can move him around without touching him. It'll be just like Weekend at Bernie's.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TheKingofSprings posted:

That was my other choice, it depends on how they want to end the season. I'd rather see Kallus become a full rebel that the Ghost crew interacts with on a regular basis, but a heroic death would work too.

And yea, Thrawn is certainly someone that would notice that in his map of 92 planets, Dog Doo 8 was replaced by Cat Puke 9.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Chickenwalker posted:

This episode played out a lot like a really good antag round on SS13.

Thrawn didn't get toolboxed by a random stormtrooper after identifying who the traitor was 0/10.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Medullah posted:

It was one of the first problems I had with the prequels.

Aces High posted:

Almost certainly.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Colonial Air Force posted:

It was one of the first problems I had with the prequels.

Almost certainly.

I mean it's a really stupid thing to do in all honesty. A subtle change like that in a dataset is presumably not hard to spot if you already have robots and spaceships and holograms.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3xiaHAcVVU

Wonder if we'll get to hear the speech, it's been a part of established (and Legends) canon for a while now.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Is that David Cross?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

drunkill posted:

Is that David Cross?

It sure as hell sounds like him.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Cross-Section posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3xiaHAcVVU

Wonder if we'll get to hear the speech, it's been a part of established (and Legends) canon for a while now.

I've never heard of this thing and why should anyone care?

This is the problem with Rebels.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shbobdb posted:

I've never heard of this thing and why should anyone care?

This is the problem with Rebels.

Man, you're hard work.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
People creaming themselves for poo poo that nobody care about or is actively bad is why Rebels is getting worse and worse. It doesn't give me hope for how Disney will handle things and I' m a big "more is more" fan to cover for the Prequels.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The most fitting avatar on SA, yes/no?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Shbobdb posted:

People creaming themselves for poo poo that nobody care about or is actively bad is why Rebels is getting worse and worse. It doesn't give me hope for how Disney will handle things and I' m a big "more is more" fan to cover for the Prequels.

Just because you don't care about it doesn't mean that nobody does. If anything, how Rebels has been handled is a positive, along with Rogue One, compared to the negative that was TFA - Disney doing better with the prequels than the sequels.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Funky Valentine posted:

The most fitting avatar on SA, yes/no?

If only people would listen to the red text.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I like how people who paid to have an avatar have ugly anime babe and right wing European Party.

I'll stick with the salt I've earned as opposed to salting myself, thank you very much.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Rebels can do a caper and it will be a fun episode, so the last one was fun. Drama and emotion it just cannot do, at least this season. Sabines last ep was the most rote thing I've ever seen.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lots of work.

Resume 2010 -2017 Internet bastard. You get a reference any time.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
It's actually an Australian right wing party. And ironic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
My big question: will we get to see Dantooine, and will it look like KOTOR's grassland planet? Lothal was already our grassland/savannah biome planet, so I'm curious if they will change it up.

• Locked thread