Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhAEIPkwBQs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The people who elected me don't like what I'm doing so I'm going to ignore them - Elected Coward Marco Rubio

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

fits my needs posted:

they're ironic joke tweets you dumb redhat lmao

sorry. i probably should read the tweet closer :( also not a trumpist.

Wall Is Life posted:

Priebus is definitely behind a lot of the leaks that negatively reflect on Bannon. He was head of the RNC and would know who in the media to call to get things quickly published

maybe. i think priebus knows more then he is letting on(least about the leaks) and he might be covering for the leakers or at least some of them. like people have said, i doubt the leakers are a united front, most are either moderates republicans/liberals in various departments/agencys leaking poo poo they can or they are one of bannon/priebus faction trying to gently caress each other over.

triple sulk posted:

Who gives a poo poo

They aren't changing anything at this point

this, its way to loving late for that.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Why does this thread hate John Oliver so much?
It's like you guys enjoy having Trump as your president.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Augus posted:

liberals hate everything and hate life, we can have no allies including but not limited to ourselves and we'll all die alone

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Augus posted:

dont u mean drumpf

:smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo: :smuggo:

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Augus posted:

because he is a liberal coward who is incapable of actually fighting the right wing or winning elections or literally anything useful

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Space lizards loving

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

speng31b posted:

liberals hate everything and hate life, we can have no allies including but not limited to ourselves and we'll all die alone

Seriously.
"Yeah Trump and the totalitarian state are bad but what I really hate is everybody who's actually doing something about it!" *goes back to smoking weed*

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

How long have town halls been kicking around as a (regular, locally televised) Thing?

I remember them becoming prominent around ca. 2008 when Republican reps really wanted to make a show of talking ~~~~with to the people~~~~ about eg :byodood: deathpanels :byodood:

Is my memory just a case of those town halls coinciding with when I first started really paying attention or is this a big ol' 🤔

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Augus posted:

He was a two-bit English professor from England on Community and is a two-bit commentator on his own show!!!!!!!!! :nutshot:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Augus posted:

i remember when oliver smugly told trump to run 4 office

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbnv37AHpvc

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

baseball is back on the radio again and I'm so fuckin excited, gonna ignore the news for the next seven months.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

haha, john oliver totally took down trump in this episode *links video*

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Turdfuzz posted:

i remember when oliver smugly told trump to run 4 office

same, but obama

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the internet has done so much for art and the sharing thereof, goddamn

i like this tweet

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Tonetta posted:

You should try to give him a handy in the bathroom and see whT happens

already have, he is a boring and flaccid lover
i had to play enya in the background and read him dr.seuss to get him to come
1 out of 5 stars, and would not reccommend

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Citizen Tayne posted:

baseball is back on the radio again and I'm so fuckin excited, gonna ignore the news for the next seven months.

April is the cruelest month.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

thats not that big

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Augus posted:

I don't know. I have the same question about Bee actually. I know she's got some lovely opinions about integration but there is no perfect liberal messiah out there with all the right opinions. They both provide a service in that they're funny, and help people less involved than us in staying up to date which is undoubtedly good.

Johnny Joestar posted:

haha, john oliver totally took down trump in this episode *links video*
I mean, he does? It's not his fault that Americans are so broke brained that they voted for the rapist despite the myriad of warnings from literally thousands.

Augus posted:

Seriously.
"Yeah Trump and the totalitarian state are bad but what I really hate is everybody who's actually doing something about it!" *goes back to smoking weed*
Yup, it's a dumb sentiment.

Phi230 posted:

because he is a liberal coward who is incapable of actually fighting the right wing or winning elections or literally anything useful
lol how is he a "coward"? He's a comedian with a funny show that educates people on important topics. He's not responsible for making sure ignorant Americans actually vote.

You guys should turn your energy and ire towards the fat orange Nazi in the White House. We have one enemy here, and it's pointless and destructive to be be upset at each other.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
John Oliver is funny and has good segments but also he's a comedian so don't use him as your primary source of info

:shrug: #mytake

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Phi230 posted:

John Oliver isn't Hillary Clinton.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

is the national anthem sung before all sporting events in the US?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

GobiasIndustries posted:

John Oliver is funny and has good segments but also he's a comedian so don't use him as your primary source of info

woah that's a scorchin' take there, tovarisch

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

already have, he is a boring and flaccid lover
i had to play enya in the background and read him dr.seuss to get him to come
1 out of 5 stars, and would not reccommend

*rolls sanity check*

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Watch as [PERSON] evicerates [OTHER PERSON] during an interview!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Jose posted:

yes, we also bring a cop out and he murders a minority on the field before first pitch

also this:

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-pentagon-pays-the-nfl-millions-to-honor-veterans-at-games-2015-5

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

logikv9 posted:

Stewart and his proteges aren't responsible for that narrative. In fact, Stewart has commented repeatedly that he hates exactly that.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

Jose posted:

Yes lol

Including and especially high school football

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Jose posted:

yes, including wrasslin'

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

logikv9 posted:

sounds exciting i better click

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

GobiasIndustries posted:

gently caress Marco Rubio. gently caress Trump, gently caress Paul Ryan, gently caress Jason Chaffetz, gently caress Mitch McConnell, gently caress all of them. God drat, my default state is pure anger now.

We're all either laughing or crying at this point

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

logikv9 posted:

Excuse me the word is SLAMS

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Nichael posted:

woah that's a scorchin' take there, tovarisch

I like my takes like I like my thai food: moderate

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

GobiasIndustries posted:

no dude comedians who say funny and sometimes surprisingly informative things are the enemy and we need to destroy them because Trump turned me into a corncob and THEY ARE THE REASON HE WON!!!

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
samantha bee shat on bernie and his supporters for months and then after the GE continued to deny that hillary was bad and just blamed white people for voting trump.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

logikv9 posted:

It's almost like society treats politics as a game where in points are won on extremely arbitrary interviews and panels but none of the systemic issues affecting society are ever addressed allowing the wealthy to continue to horde riches and drive the rest of society further into debt and servitude.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Trapezound posted:

Yes lol

Including and especially high school football

aren't you embarrassed at all lol

i only know the first line of the UK national anthem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Andrei Dorkovsky posted:

samantha bee shat on bernie and his supporters for months and then after the GE continued to deny that hillary was bad and just blamed white people for voting trump.

Isn't she also teamed up with Glen Beck as part of "The #Resistance"?

• Locked thread