Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

deadgoon posted:

it's possible, just maybe, that the former labor secretary, who worked with the union leadership for four years and was apparently well liked, might help the democrats get the ~white working class~ in the rust belt to vote for democrats like they were expected to

however i dont care, full communism now

he attended a david brock fundraiser

anyone who does that should have been disqualified from being DNC chair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Gringostar posted:

he attended a david brock fundraiser

anyone who does that should have been disqualified from being DNC chair

didnt keith do that too

maybe buttigieg will split the party

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
It's really depressing to see so many people throwing up their hands in despair and saying "well fine I guess nothing is going to change in the Democratic Party then, so gently caress it"

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

showbiz_liz posted:

It's really depressing to see so many people throwing up their hands in despair and saying "well fine I guess nothing is going to change in the Democratic Party then, so gently caress it"
zdr especially

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tom Perez looks and sounds like a Fox News stereotype of a weak-kneed liberal.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
is there a buttigieg caucus yet

i call it the butt cock

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i'm going to run for office and join the butt cock however i will be doing so as a republican

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

it's pretty telling when leftist groups outside the internet energizing the base are being incrementalist in terms of their issue pitches and also want to address the poo poo happening now, and have the means to do so

yet people who want people to pay lockstep to the party are going all "my way or the highway"

:ironicat:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/835943766288556033

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

zen death robot posted:

I've lived in deep red state shitholes and blue enclaves within red state poo poo holes and I can tell you a lot of ppl are just hoping to be able to roll back poo poo like right to work before reaching for the stars and getting UHC to actually happen

That's one of the biggest issue with the Dems (and neoliberalism in general), there's no vision of a better future, only clinging onto mediocre half measures as we descend further into the death throes of capitalism. Bernie inspired people because they saw the possibility of a better future, Trump inspired people because he promised them a return to "greatness", the Dems inspired no one because their message was either "America is already great" and/or "we have to protect what we already have!".

Milquetoast compromise, half measures and shifting to the right/center works in theory if you view people and politics like a video game where you can shift your stats to min/max, but in reality people don't rally around uninspiring people or policies.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lmao

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

showbiz_liz posted:

This

Stop being little bitches, embrace MTWism and help bring about the destruction of america by voting and giving the GOP so much political power at all levels of government that they can start turbo-loving the country at lightspeed with all their most insane bills

This is either going to destroy America as we know it or it will make the lives of apathetic middle class types so hellish that they'll be forced into action

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

This is one of the most inspiring things I have read. Those nerds can and will be unseated and the party will be purified from corrupt creatures. Also Dershowitz is a sociopath.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

zen death robot posted:

I still haven't heard anyone say why Tom Perez is so bad other than "Obama picked him" and I guess Obama bad now so :confused:
that's not exactly what you've just posted the last couple of times

zen death robot posted:

TRUMP! Seems to be the light you're more likely to get so death it is sign up at your local recruiter today!

zen death robot posted:

I've lived in deep red state shitholes and blue enclaves within red state poo poo holes and I can tell you a lot of ppl are just hoping to be able to roll back poo poo like right to work before reaching for the stars and getting UHC to actually happen

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

zen death robot posted:

I still haven't heard anyone say why Tom Perez is so bad other than "Obama picked him" and I guess Obama bad now so :confused:

mormonpartyboat posted:

im glad the emocrats voted a lightbulb's evil twin

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

zen death robot posted:

a lot of progressives wanted perez as clinton's veep. he's unqualified to run the dnc, however.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Crowsbeak posted:

This is one of the most inspiring things I have read. Those nerds can and will be unseated and the party will be purified from corrupt creatures. Also Dershowitz is a sociopath.

alan dershowitz destroyed more jewish careers than stephen bannon ever will. He is more Israeli than he is American.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/status/835679376800944129 Keith who?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
still laughing hard at the dude who got literally zero votes for DNC chair, and then made a speech about having done exactly what he wanted to do

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Scent of Worf posted:

This

Stop being little bitches, embrace MTWism and help bring about the destruction of america by voting and giving the GOP so much political power at all levels of government that they can start turbo-loving the country at lightspeed with all their most insane bills

This is either going to destroy America as we know it or it will make the lives of apathetic middle class types so hellish that they'll be forced into action

make america experience bij

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

logikv9 posted:

still laughing hard at the dude who got literally zero votes for DNC chair, and then made a speech about having done exactly what he wanted to do

maybe his goal was to waste everyone's time

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Raskolnikov38 posted:

maybe his goal was to waste everyone's time

should've taken off all his clothes and then danced in front like my libertarian heroes

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

:chloe:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

good fuckign job dems

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

he's not an elected officer

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Concerned Citizen posted:

he's not an elected officer
I thought they suspended the rules to make him one.

Either way, bad look.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Pop-o-Matic Trouble posted:

a lot of progressives wanted perez as clinton's veep. he's unqualified to run the dnc, however.

That probably had more to do with Hillary than perez tbh

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Scent of Worf posted:

This

maggotmaster, now thats a name i havent heard in a long time......... a long time

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

zen death robot posted:

Trump inspired people because he promised to keep THOSE PEOPLE out don't loving kid yourself.

That's one of the reasons, but even that in itself is a promise of a "return to greatness" to people who blame immigrants instead of capitalism for a decaying economy. Same with all the people in the rust belt who voted for him to bring back factory jobs.

Obviously the first is off base and the second is unrealistic, but when the alternative choice offers no vision of a better future at all, a. it's easier to convince people of your bullshit and b. your opponent is gonna have low turnout. (Making it easier for you to win)

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

Centrist liberal dems are way more dangerous than any far right Republicans. Let them keep shooting themselves in the foot until the party bleeds out. The Democrats need to go the way of the Whigs.

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKvRzgCPd4Q&t=555s

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
every supposedly reliable dem i know who failed to vote for hillary did so because they associated her with NAFTA

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

zen death robot posted:

Literally everyone I know personally that voted Trump did so because of A) THE WALL B) MUSLIM BAN C) DEPORTATION FORCE

These are mostly members of my family who also are concerned welfare queens exist too so maybe not the best sample size but it's what I got to work with.

Ya but you live in a retarded state that smells like buttholes no offense.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

motherfuuuuuuck Dershowitz

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

deadgoon posted:

every supposedly reliable dem i know who failed to vote for hillary did so because they associated her with NAFTA

It's OK tho, we have TPP Tom chairing the DNC now.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Would prefer TCC Tom

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Ace of Baes posted:

We need to stop infighting and rally around the party's 2020 candidate, Corey Booker.

Serious question, if you had to pick a candidate right now, who is it that is ideologically pure enough for you? What's the name of this person that has a chance of inspiring followers on a national level?

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

zen death robot posted:

This is why the Left will fail to reach the rural whites my friend good job.

How did Hillary do in Missouri? I know she won the primary against Bernie by a whopping, 0.5%, can't remember the GE results though.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

radical meme posted:

Serious question, if you had to pick a candidate right now, who is it that is ideologically pure enough for you? What's the name of this person that has a chance of inspiring followers on a national level?

B
E
R
N
I
E

S
A
N
D
E
R