Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

Norns posted:

It works. It makes the car look like a loving can of red bull cola.

Dude I swear some of you have the worst eye for design I've ever seen in my life.
It's not that they exist, just that the ones they've gone with don't seem to work in harmony with the contours and shape of the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

nsaP posted:

They always look different inside/track/thru a camera. Ducati red is drat near orange in person but shows up red on the world feed.

Right? McLaren red in the Senna and Hamilton eras was day glow, somewhere between red and orange, not Marlboro red.

This is closer to correct:

E: Hamilton era wasn't the same red/orange, but close.

glyph fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 26, 2017

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

McLaren went from best looking to worst, what a shame. Sauber, Toro Rosso, and Ferrari look great. The new Haas looks pretty good too.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

Bernie and Ron will create a competing open wheel series

Keep going, I'm almost there :fap:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

I was about to say I actually really like the STR livery but....

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gallery-f1-2017-toro-rosso-str12-in-full-detail-877487/

It looks god awful on track.

Nah gently caress you buddy, it looks good and cool. Even if RB Coke did taste like rear end soaked in knock-off brand coke.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Nah gently caress you buddy, it looks good and cool. Even if RB Coke did taste like rear end soaked in knock-off brand coke.

F1 2017: no offense, but your opinions are bad

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I got a little excited that the toro rosso was actually the red bull. I really like it. Thank god there's at least one car on the grid that doesn't look like completely arse.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wrong thread

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The Toro Rosso looks really good but when you use two primary colours there's always a danger it'll look a little remedial

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Can we all take a moment and pay homage to Grosjean's awesome new helmet.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/photo/user-uploads/romain-grosjean-2017-helmet-concept-11869424/?sz=9&s=-6&oft=43&id=11869424&i=2

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

1500quidporsche posted:

Zak Brown: Double Down

"It is hard-on livery," he said when asked if the team could have done a better job. "It was ultimately a dozen people involved in the whole process. We went through tonnes and tonnes of liveries and you got lots of different opinion.

First, that inappropriate language has no place in a family-oriented team. Second, Hack Clown has had half of McLaren waste weeks making his draft of the ugliest livery of all time a reality. Ron would have had them make a world championship-winning car but I guess that's not a priority anymore

poty fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Feb 26, 2017

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"Hack Clown" lmao

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Zak Brown posted:

We see change in management: companies change logos, companies change names, so I think it is natural progression that over time you hit reset button along the way
This is the same corporate wankery that results in something familiar but a bit staid like, say, British Toast getting a stupidly expensive rebranding to something utterly meaningless like Qrustoniq. Probably with a logo that features a couple of not quite concentric circles in contrasting colours.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lmao so bad that they had to defend it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
It's going to be exciting to see Alonso in WEC next year. I bet he hates Zak Brown. For fucks sake, where'd the 'c' in Zack go?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If you have to defend your livery you should probably just loving fix it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

If you have to defend your livery you should probably just loving fix it.

The committee disagrees.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Wirth1000 posted:

It's going to be exciting to see Alonso in WEC next year. I bet he hates Zak Brown. For fucks sake, where'd the 'c' in Zack go?

Me too. Him driving the Porsche to victory at LeMans after driving 24 hours straight will be epic.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

"Hack Clown" lmao

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I would propose to the thread that at this point I'd rather have Whitmarsh back than continue with "Hack Clown"

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ron was a Corporate visionary. Hack Clown is a monkey that bows to committee.

RIP McLaren

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

it blows, why can't anyone keep a loving helmet design for more than two days

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I would propose to the thread that at this point I'd rather have Whitmarsh back than continue with "Hack Clown"

Strongly disagree, I'd rather McLaren spectacularly implode than slowly get worse and worse.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think Romain Grosjean is by a long shot the worst offender of modern drivers when it comes to having completely indistinctive helmets full of tons of spiky lines and cool details that add up to absolutely nothing. I couldn't tell you a single one of his helmet designs except that they look utterly generic.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I was astonished today to discover that apparently a car's livery doesn't predict its performance. Imagine my surprise. And McLaren's marketing was laughable under Ron as well, nothing has changed.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
RIP McLaren, a Formula 1 racing team from 1966-2016 :smith:

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Toro Rosso

Good:
It looks distinctly different from the Red Bull for onve

Bad:
They somehow made it look cheaper than a Sauber
I don't like how the sharkfin looks near the rear wing

Overall:
Quite Bad

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Last night I was thinking to myself, I wonder if Red Bull will surprise us this year and make the car with the same color scheme as one of their cans. That didn't exactly happen, but it was close. What the gently caress Toro Rosso?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

As relevant as ever
http://sniffpetrol.com/2015/06/08/concern-grows-for-whitmarsh/#.WLNUwDzfWEc

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Alain Post posted:

I think Romain Grosjean is by a long shot the worst offender of modern drivers when it comes to having completely indistinctive helmets full of tons of spiky lines and cool details that add up to absolutely nothing. I couldn't tell you a single one of his helmet designs except that they look utterly generic.

His Steve McQueen helmet at Monaco a few years back was his best one by a mile and he should've stuck with that.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wait did Zakspeed actually describe his new livery as Boner Paint?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
"What the hell is red bull simply cola", i thought. Not realizing i'd been sucessfully advertised to.

http://www.redbullsimplycola.com/en

Besides being annoyed at them ruining a volkswagen van i cant afford, who the hell would buy cola from a company not known for making good tasting pop? There are so many cola options, why the hell would you go with "red bull" if its not loaded with caffeine? "Too much caffeine" is the whole point! This is the most baffling question of the off-season so far.

edit: buy pepsi 1893 instead if you need hipster cola, its pretty tasty. Dont support newey

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

I was astonished today to discover that apparently a car's livery doesn't predict its performance. Imagine my surprise. And McLaren's marketing was laughable under Ron as well, nothing has changed.

WRONG.,.... WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have it under good authority that the Renaults of the mid 2000s were directly competitive and took to MSC's Ferrari BECAUSE of their loving bomb rear end incredible livery which to this day will never be repeated or bested. Want proof? They're all in these folders right here, fuckman.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
:trumppop:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
in shadow the mcclaren orange looks almost ..... brown

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
see also;

trump's orange livery looks better than the new mlaren livery

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Nice to see a tribute to Our Jenson on there

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
The new Haas looks okay, but I'd really love to see the team go full American throwback and make the car poo poo-brown like a '70s Buick.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Full American throwback would involve an exploding fuel tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

F1 2017: no offense, but your opinions are bad

Good, I was worried for a second that I might be in the wrong thread.

• Locked thread