Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

I'm loving how everyone is on PTSD denial that power levels are back and argue that mortal ranking evaluates development and wealth

Can't wait to have Kaioshin next episode asking "Excuse me, what does mortal ranking take into consideration for ranking?" only for the High Priest to answer "Why, how good your universe is at Kung fu ofc".

What's the bet you're proposing? There's a reason the bottom wrung is team Complete Dickfaces. Lead by "What's in it for Me" Kaioshin and "Oh jeez, Rou. I don't know about this" Destroyer of Worlds.

Adder Moray fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Adder Moray posted:

What's the bet you're proposing? There's a reason the bottom wrung is team Complete Dickfaces. Lead by "What's in it for Me" Kaioshin and "Oh jeez, Rou. I don't know about this" Destroyer of Worlds.

Well then why didn't the universe with the Superhero Team of Justice score high enough morality to get spared then?

Plus we've only seen like 3 GoDs (Beerus, Champa and Universe 9) and 3 Kaioshins (Shin, Rou, Gowasu) fleshed out, what evidence do you have to say that the other ones arent as incompetent/laidback/assholes as the others?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The TV version for reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYfX96Lh4sc

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

Well then why didn't the universe with the Superhero Team of Justice score high enough morality to get spared then?

Narratively? It helps to establish how ain't poo poo U6, where all our heroes reside, is if they're the bar for 'still not quite good enough.'

Remember, the bar is 7+ for immunity and look at the massive gap in decency between U9's 1.something and U7's 3.something.

lezard_valeth posted:

Plus we've only seen like 3 GoDs (Beerus, Champa and Universe 9) and 3 Kaioshins (Shin, Rou, Gowasu) fleshed out, what evidence do you have to say that the other ones arent as incompetent/laidback/assholes as the others?

I mean clearly they are to varying lesser degrees.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm happy that Gohan got a good fight, it was creative and fun

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

lezard_valeth posted:

They were the DC of the superhero universes.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I find it interesting that both acceptable universes are paired up. How does U6 correlate with U7's position?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I'm glad that even if the universes get erased Vados and Whis get to live :unsmith:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

The Bee posted:

I find it interesting that both acceptable universes are paired up. How does U6 correlate with U7's position?

well u6 has an actuall interplanetary community where news of frost was being beamed onto the news of various planets.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I mean, u7 does too. they have galactic police and a space king and everything. earth is just a backwater planet in the middle of nowhere

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

The Bee posted:

Beerus and Champa being at each other's throats probably caused their universes to drift apart.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

I mean, u7 does too. they have galactic police and a space king and everything. earth is just a backwater planet in the middle of nowhere

correction: they have a space king who walks around everywhere with his dong out

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Champa's out of shape but it does seem like he's a lot more proactive than Beerus just from the little we've seen him do. i'm sure he'll gloat about the specific ways his universe is better than Beerus's soon enough

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Stairmaster posted:

correction: they have a space king who walks around everywhere with his dong out

truly, a universe of high quality mortals. I can't wait to see the alien dude from the opening, he really does give off a Superman vibe for whatever reason

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Carlosologist posted:

I'm happy that Gohan got a good fight, it was creative and fun

Gohan going Super Saiyan so he could do some bat poo poo was great.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Plus unlike Freiza Frost was not going around murdering tons of planets cause he liked having good PR. The Saiyan race still exists and they serve as a universal police. (Who are pretty strong if Cabba is any indication.)

Carlosologist posted:

truly, a universe of high quality mortals. I can't wait to see the alien dude from the opening, he really does give off a Superman vibe for whatever reason

He is part of the Pride Troopers Superhero team under Toppo.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
U7 has a galactic empire that manufactures planet bombs to get rid of inconvenient planets. So they're probably not doing the mortal level score any favours.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
If the rank is based on power level, it establishes that other universes are full of strong fighters for Goku to punch.

If the rank is based on vague mumbo-jumbo relating to technology, spirituality, and/or altruism, it means dick all to the story.

I'm not saying its power level, but it's power level.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Pureauthor posted:

U7 has a galactic empire that manufactures planet bombs to get rid of inconvenient planets. So they're probably not doing the mortal level score any favours.

well, given that their god of destruction sleeps most of the time, is that really a bad thing?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

MonsterEnvy posted:

Plus unlike Freiza Frost was not going around murdering tons of planets cause he liked having good PR. The Saiyan race still exists and they serve as a universal police. (Who are pretty strong if Cabba is any indication.)

I bet U7 had their own version of Hit's race that Frieza wiped out.

"A race of powerful fighters that can manipulate time? Just gonna take care of that before it becomes a problem."

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Rhonne posted:

I bet U7 had their own version of Hit's race that Frieza wiped out.

"A race of powerful fighters that can manipulate time? Just gonna take care of that before it becomes a problem."

Hit's probably a one-of-a-kind annomoly. I think Frieza and all the Ginyu Force are referred to as mutants somewhere official, Hit could be explained in the same way.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Earth science is clearly more advanced than Friezas army in a lot of ways. Bulma took one of their space ships, and modified the warp drive to be like 10,000X faster so that Goku could get to Namek in one week. Space people also do not have capsule technology. Earth also has all the normal sci-fi stuff, hover cars and ray guns etc.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'd say Earth science is better in the same way Earth's fighters are better, in that they aren't except for like a few instances that completely blow out the competition. Like, I don't think anyone but Bulma could ever build a time machine. gently caress, not even the gods thought that was possible.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Really clearly, jsut get a new wish granting pot robot, and wish up something that will convince xeno to not destroy all the universes.

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012
Also, I figured Frieza's technology policy was much like the sayian's:

Find someone with cool poo poo, kill them, take it, and then only give enough of a poo poo about the principles behind it to get it into mass production. Add in the fact he seems like the kind of boss who would murder you for wasting time trying to learn how it worked instead of doing the minimum necessary to ducktape together something that worked within a day, and you have a recipe for stagnation.

Minion of Freya
Jan 2, 2017
I hope there's a connection between Hit, Guldo, and an assassination agency mirroring the Ginyu force.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

AtomikKrab posted:

Really clearly, jsut get a new wish granting pot robot, and wish up something that will convince xeno to not destroy all the universes.

train the gods of destruction to do a handstand

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnMGCUH-lLY

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

it's pretty clearly just fightman levels and not whatever edgelord thing you guys're hoping for

of course everyone was surprised at super saiyan so maybe the level is so low because the earthlings are holding back all the time

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Spoiler Warning - Universe Power levels will not ultimately mean that much to the story and Goku and Pals will inevitably punch well above their assigned weight class

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Momomo posted:

I'd say Earth science is better in the same way Earth's fighters are better, in that they aren't except for like a few instances that completely blow out the competition. Like, I don't think anyone but Bulma could ever build a time machine. gently caress, not even the gods thought that was possible.

I thought it was just that time travel is illegal (jaco says so I think). I don't remember them being surprised someone could do it tho. they just don't know the space rules on earth so bulma never even considered not to do it

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Yinlock posted:

it's pretty clearly just fightman levels and not whatever edgelord thing you guys're hoping for

of course everyone was surprised at super saiyan so maybe the level is so low because the earthlings are holding back all the time

That's the saddest thing

SSJ, just regular old SSJ, shocked the gently caress out of most of the Gods and let Gohan dominate the fight completely. He had the clear edge normally against FurryDos without being transformed, and with SSJ he would have won utterly if it wasn't for the fact that he was literally dying of poison which was draining his power.

Imagine if he showed off SSJ 2.

God forbid what's going to happen to FurryTri should Goku go SSJ Blue.

Also Goku, if you want Gohan to catch up, get everyone together and make him a SSJ God for the love of Christ.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gohan could probably go ssb on his own like vegeta did. he did the same thing vegeta did, after all

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'd bet he does some different thing. Like Super Ningen Trunks, or his earlier Mystic Gohan.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i'm happy that gohan was a little better than pathetic in the latest episode

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Gohan was dying of poison and his solution was to die of poison harder. Gohan owns.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Gohan is going to power up by going Super Saiyaman.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

That's the saddest thing

SSJ, just regular old SSJ, shocked the gently caress out of most of the Gods and let Gohan dominate the fight completely. He had the clear edge normally against FurryDos without being transformed, and with SSJ he would have won utterly if it wasn't for the fact that he was literally dying of poison which was draining his power.

Imagine if he showed off SSJ 2.

God forbid what's going to happen to FurryTri should Goku go SSJ Blue.

Also Goku, if you want Gohan to catch up, get everyone together and make him a SSJ God for the love of Christ.

Well Yeah theres nothing to say Shin isn't abnormally weak for a Supreme Kai and he was shocked about SSJ2 Gohan and SSJ Goku and SSJ Vegeta.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Oh Snapple! posted:

Gohan was dying of poison and his solution was to die of poison harder. Gohan owns.

Yeah. For reference, the last time Goku got poisoned he was immediately knocked out, and so was Piccolo. Gohan definitely responded better to the whole thing.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Momomo posted:

Yeah. For reference, the last time Goku got poisoned he was immediately knocked out, and so was Piccolo. Gohan definitely responded better to the whole thing.

Obviously the dog man needed to get his hands on some of that good poo poo that Frost was using.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Momomo posted:

I feel like Piccolo should be able to tank poison, after no-selling Babidis body loving attack. Same with Vegitto and isolating Buu in his body. Why can't they do that with poison?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dz6ZyojbHE

• Locked thread