Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

never forget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

Grondoth posted:

What kind of person calls food/eating unimportant

It's literally one of the most important things for humans to do, it's the foundation of so many rituals and bonding experiences, humans care DEEPLY about when/what/how we eat things and what they taste like
:goonsay:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
inside job

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

deadgoon posted:

people on the internet tell me i need immediate medical attention all the time but then i talk to a therapist or psychiatrist and they're like "yeah politics makes everyone homicidal don't worry about it"

buy yr psychiatrist an account and direct them to this thread specifically

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

deadgoon posted:

cumshitter what should i do with my coffee can full of pennies

put a stick of dynamite in it and throw it at a crowd of trump supporters, the pennies will be make for a very good shrapnel grenade

Leviathan posted:

lol 1%. what's your managed equity average return vs buying an s&p index etf over the last 10 years

lol gently caress if i know my company is pretty conservative and a lot of our clients have a dividend income strategy or a california muni bond strategy because they both generate income, the lattter being non-taxable

we beat the spee last year though so thats cool i guess

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Solarin posted:

what anime is this? it looks good unlike almost every other animes

That is Jojo's Bizarre adventure

among many good animes it is also good

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Solarin posted:

I like everything about this and will watch it drunk and stoned

most everyone agrees that the first season is (while still good), probably the weakest

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

lets workshop the joke together, im stuck on what wordplay to do w "jet fuel"

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Is there anywhere to buy the "death is certain keep yr cool" badge? I don't think the original retailer sells them anymore.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
In case you were wondering how Grant County, Kentucky is doing after loaning Ken Ham 68M to help build the ark exhibit with he belief that money would pour into the region:

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Grant-Co-leaders-Ark-Encounter-doesnt-live-up--414791203.html

The answer is lol you hosed yourselves and gave millions to a con man

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

ppl askin financial advice from a dude named cumshitter is why i think the interent is worth saving

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

cumshitter posted:

yeah but if you want a gold investment plan youre probably better off buying tinned food and bullets becaue they will be more useful in the future hellscape youre imagining

Wait, do you have a plan like that because that sounds like a good investment.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Former Everything posted:

In case you were wondering how Grant County, Kentucky is doing after loaning Ken Ham 68M to help build the ark exhibit with he belief that money would pour into the region:

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/Grant-Co-leaders-Ark-Encounter-doesnt-live-up--414791203.html

ken ham

ken bone

hame bone

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Squizzle posted:

buy yr psychiatrist an account and direct them to this thread specifically
this is good advice

Nichael posted:

Is there anywhere to buy the "death is certain keep yr cool" badge? I don't think the original retailer sells them anymore.

i wish i'd deffo buy one

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

lets workshop the joke together, im stuck on what wordplay to do w "jet fuel"

drug mule

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If only some group of people had warned them that giving a shitload of taxpayer money to a huge insane project that was controversial at best had warned them that this would be an extremely lovely investment and that nobody they're giving their money to would lose a penny if it fails

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

Epic High Five posted:

Business: "Hey instead of pensions and a well-funded social safety net for retirees, how about we just force people to give us money for a long time and maybe we pay it back, maybe not!"

Boomers: "Oh man that sounds great, but only for our kids and their kids!"

All great until the company declares bankruptcy and files chapter 11. My mom's UAL pension got slashed by 75% (or thereabouts) in their restructuring. I've still got all of my 401k plus a nice 3% per 6% paid pre-tax from my old employer.

ED: to change free of tax to pre-tax BALLS

Slow Graffiti fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 27, 2017

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

cumshitter posted:

i work in private welath management and like once a year we have a prospect who is invetested in gold or a client who wantsn to go to gold and it is annoying as gently caress to talk them off that crazy train. its like a mental illness where you have to talk them out of believing the entire world is going to collapse. whenever a client brings it up i jokingly say "yeah but if you want a gold investment plan youre probably better off buying tinned food and bullets becaue they will be more useful in the future hellscape youre imagining"

my crazy uncle, a dude who once pulled a gun on his mailman because he thought he was part of the jewish network that was spying on him, still sends me letters from crzzy goldbuggerers that read like,

"I used to work with the CIA and I devised a financial formula that 100% accurately predicts the fall of markets and for $200/month I WILL TELL YOU how to predict the market!"

and my uncle knows what i do and i tell him not a single one of our investment strategies involves gold and all the professional finance guys who went to fnacy colleges believes gold is a good investment would ever take his latest crazy finance dude seriously but he still sends me this poo poo.

Lol, I worked for a lpl dude who managed ~400mm and he was all about gold. I mean in 2013 putting clients into gold. I gtfo after 6 months because the dude was shyster. He put clients in non traded REITs comprised of 3rd tier malls because it had an 11% front load.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Turdfuzz posted:

ppl askin financial advice from a dude named cumshitter is why i think the interent is worth saving

"here at Cum & Cumming, our finest financial advisers will guide you effortlessly through the sticky tunnel of modern money management to financial independence."

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

eonwe posted:

That is Jojo's Bizarre adventure

among many good animes it is also good

never forget the candid photo of sarah jeong seeing jojo's bizarre adventure for the first time

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/834825115145605121

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nichael posted:

you can get patches custom printed p cheap, just toss turdfuzzs av in the middle of a circle w those words and go to town

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

"Give us tons of money to build something that creates no wealthy and only a couple minimum wage jobs because all the serious work is contracted out to avoid pay benefits, this is a much better idea than employing everybody at a good wage to repair infrastructure yes, it's what JESUS wants"

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe

"The county is teetering on bankruptcy and is trying to balance the budget. Wood said they were to the point where jobs may have to be cut. He will propose a 2% payroll tax at next week’s fiscal court meeting. "

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

these people are so loving stupid it makes me sick. i think we need to start a new cultural narrative that it is Not OK for idiots to rule us

quote:

“It’s been a great thing but it’s not brought us any money,” said Grant County Judge-Executive Steve Wood during a break from a budget meeting.

The county is teetering on bankruptcy and is trying to balance the budget. Wood said they were to the point where jobs may have to be cut. He will propose a 2% payroll tax at next week’s fiscal court meeting. He blames prior fiscal courts for the budget crisis, not the Ark. But he said the Ark had not lived up to its promise.

“I was one of those believers that once the Ark was here everything was going to come in. But it’s not done it. It’s not done it. I think the Ark’s done well and I’m glad for them on that. But it’s not done us good at all.”

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbQ0dkDDsHM

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Leviathan posted:

"The county is teetering on bankruptcy and is trying to balance the budget. Wood said they were to the point where jobs may have to be cut. He will propose a 2% payroll tax at next week’s fiscal court meeting. "

well

at least god can see our big stupid boat, does that count for nothing?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

tacodaemon posted:

never forget the candid photo of sarah jeong seeing jojo's bizarre adventure for the first time

https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/834825115145605121

it's what everyone looks like

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Yinlock posted:

what side gives him cash?

DeVos. Anyone from West Michigan is deep in DeVos cash. http://www.fec.gov/fecviewer/CandCmteTransaction.do http://www.fec.gov/fecviewer/CandCmteTransaction.do

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lmao that their response to giving Ham 70 million to provide them almost nothing but massively enrich himself is to tax payroll and grumble about liberal judges

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003
hey guys did any world leader just eat some cooked dirt with red sugar sauce on it? asking for a friend

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

the black husserl posted:

the diction is so masterful lol, "united states radio simpleton"

https://twitter.com/DPRK_News/status/835965722077585408

is this a dril alt?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

lmao that their response to giving Ham 70 million to provide them almost nothing but massively enrich himself is to tax payroll and grumble about liberal judges

if liberals didn't exist then supply side jesus would finally be able to earn enough money to bring his dad into town

but everything changed when regulation attacked.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Lol, I worked for a lpl dude who managed ~400mm and he was all about gold. I mean in 2013 putting clients into gold. I gtfo after 6 months because the dude was shyster. He put clients in non traded REITs comprised of 3rd tier malls because it had an 11% front load.

i canut imagine how hard it would be to divest yourself from those reichs because I work with a few clients who bought really really lovely stocks that you can only sell one day per quarter and our portfolio managers keep forgetting to sell them on those days and also they're so ill iquid that you can't even unload them all and it is an annoying poo poo show for me because trading days are always in Monday's when I'm hung over so I never femind then

i Wil try to stop. The finance talk but I bullshittsd my way i to this job and I like it. It turns out people have been trying to get Rich for thousands of years and i get to research a bunch of weird complicate poo poo and I enjoy the research aspect of it

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

quote:

Discretely, Trump can be seen handing cash to one of the latino busboys for his table. The president handed the young man a $100 bill.

I want Trump Dollars >: (

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
also mariana thank you for the very nice compliment if i could trick my boss and the accounting department into sending you a bonsai i would totally do it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

$100 is not a big tip for a meal that consisted of a $36 burger, and had at least eight or so diners.

I still think it's funny that the first scandal of Campaign 2016 was Clinton not tipping at Chipotle. We started so innocent.

Nichael fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 27, 2017

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

A Handed Missus posted:

I want Trump Dollars >: (

Outreach to Latin Americans for 2020, done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

cumshitter reconciles the turdfuzz and baloogan schools of postin to wield a powerful postin energy not unlike hokuto shin ken but shitposts

very nonlinear

• Locked thread