Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Silly Burrito posted:

Depends on what the F stands for in HoF.

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Gronk needs to stop doing stupid bro stuff and get on the TB12 program if he wants to get into the HoF

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
Also if gronk wasn't a football star everyone here would agree that he's the most insufferable jerk-rear end bro.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Jerome Agricola posted:

Also if gronk wasn't a football star everyone here would agree that he's the most insufferable jerk-rear end bro.

but he's a football star so he owns

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

GaussianCopula needs to stop doing stupid Nazi stuff and get on the 5 RING SHRIMP program if he wants to stop being loving insufferable

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Jerome Agricola posted:

With all the boring QB-bots the NFL pushes Gronk is the most charming man in football.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Jerome Agricola posted:

He'd be in the douche tracker thread so fast TFF's collective head would centrifuge before exploding.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
The worst thing about Gronk is that he's a New England patriot

He does nothing bad to anyone, he's just much cooler than you

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And me. And honestly 99.1% of the world

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Gronk's brain just stopped growing at 15 and that's a-okay in my book

If you disagree, pull the stick out of your rear end

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

Even that adds to his appeal. The fact that Belichik and Gronk exist in the same organization with no apparent tension is hilarious.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mario Addison just got a three year contract from Carolina.

If you have no idea who he is, he was one of the most "efficient" pass rushers last year, meaning he was a rotational speed rusher who can't play all three downs.

Whatever.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
Gronk is gonna be like 85 doing keg stands. It will own.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Gronk's biggest accomplishment is that he doesn't have any kids.

E: that people know about at least?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Flikken posted:

He's going to get absolutely nothing done when he's 69 because every 10 seconds he'll remember how old he is and bust out laughing

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

TBeats posted:

Gronk's biggest accomplishment is that he doesn't have any kids.

E: that people know about at least?

Cole, enter Monty as TFF'S dogge. Better the chance of winning.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

StarcraftM posted:

He needs what, 5 more great seasons to get in as a lock?
No.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

He does nothing bad to anyone, he's just much cooler than you
I feel like he would get murdered in the media if he did the same shtick but on a losing team. Which is a shame.

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I feel like he would get murdered in the media if he did the same shtick but on a losing team. Which is a shame.

What if Gronk were black?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

StarcraftM posted:

I don't know if his body has it in him to make it to the HoF.

He needs what, 5 more great seasons to get in as a lock? He's on his 3rd major back surgery.

He's already the greatest TE ever.

Jerome Agricola posted:

What if Gronk were black?

I would like him a lot more if he wasn't on the Patriots.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gronk is going to end up retiring in a few years and will spend his nights in front of a pool hall talking about how he likes them high school girls.

StarcraftM
Jan 15, 2008

Full Fuckin' Circle.

Chichevache posted:

He's already the greatest TE ever.

I would like him a lot more if he wasn't on the Patriots.

I'm the biggest Gronk Homer ever but he doesn't have the games / years to get in yet.

He's unquestionably the greatest TE to ever suit up on the field when he's healthy but he's missed a LOT of games and he might not have much more football in him if his back goes out again. He's only played ~5 seasons worth of games IIRC.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Is Gronk Woke?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Hunt11 posted:

Even that adds to his appeal. The fact that Belichik and Gronk exist in the same organization with no apparent tension is hilarious.

i would pay good money to watch a belichick and gronk buddy comedy and/or reality tv show

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

evilweasel posted:

i would pay good money to watch a belichick and gronk buddy comedy and/or reality tv show

"Stay tuned for Billy and the Gronk, next on ABC!"

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Silly Burrito posted:

"Stay tuned for Billy and the Gronk, next on ABC!"

Should just reboot Coach with Gronk as Dauber

Also bring back the very special episode where you find out Luther is a Sandusky.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 27, 2017

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

StarcraftM posted:

I'm the biggest Gronk Homer ever but he doesn't have the games / years to get in yet.

He's unquestionably the greatest TE to ever suit up on the field when he's healthy but he's missed a LOT of games and he might not have much more football in him if his back goes out again. He's only played ~5 seasons worth of games IIRC.

sure he does, terrell davis and gale sayers had weaker careers than him. and gronk, when healthy, was the best all time and it was pretty obvious to everyone watching , whereas running backs at least had some arguments of who was better at the peak

TD played in 78 games, starting 77. gronk 88/75. gale sayers was only in 68

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Spoeank posted:

Gronk's brain just stopped growing at 15 and that's a-okay in my book

If you disagree, pull the stick out of your rear end

As long as he never runs for public office, or takes a job with any level of responsibility beyond judging contests that take place on, near and/or involving water, he's awesome.

My greatest fear is Presidential Candidate Rob Gonkowski.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

mastershakeman posted:

sure he does, terrell davis and gale sayers had weaker careers than him. and gronk, when healthy, was the best all time and it was pretty obvious to everyone watching , whereas running backs at least had some arguments of who was better at the peak

TD played in 78 games, starting 77. gronk 88/75. gale sayers was only in 68

Sayers re-invented open field running. He's one of those old school guys who got in on the impact they had on the game, not on their numbers. TD is a fair argument, but there's also 32 running backs in the hall of fame compared to only 8 (soon to be 9) tight ends. The standard is a lot lower for backs. You have to be really special as a tight end to have a case. He might get in just because he's Gronk and he played for the Patriots, but on pure merit he's probably not there yet. But neither is Eli and welp.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Coldforge posted:

As long as he never runs for public office, or takes a job with any level of responsibility beyond judging contests that take place on, near and/or involving water, he's awesome.

My greatest fear is Presidential Candidate Rob Gonkowski.

I hear he is pro-electrolytes. They're what plants crave.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

evilweasel posted:

If we are going buddy cop movie then I vote for Gronk and Watt.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hunt11 posted:

If we are going buddy cop movie then I vote for Gronk and Watt.

But they already made Red Heat

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Azhais posted:

But they already made Red Heat

That was a good movie, I need to re watch it. Thanks

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Silly Burrito posted:

I hear he is pro-electrolytes. They're what plants crave.

As long as he doesn't advocate drinking toilet water, he's got my vote.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

LiquidFriend posted:

Gronk is going to end up retiring in a few years and will spend his nights in front of a pool hall talking about how he likes them high school girls.

I keep getting older and they stay the same age.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

evilweasel posted:

Used to be whenever I heard the Odd Couple theme I got a mental image of Dennis Rodman borrowing Marge Scott's toothbrush. Now the image has "69" in it somewhere.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

warcrimes posted:

I keep getting older and they stay the same age.
Yes they do
Yes they do~

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Flikken posted:

Counterpoint: Gronk will die at 69.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Super hyped for the upcoming 5-11 season.

https://twitter.com/Edwerderespn/status/836204671538716674

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
- Berry might not play this year
- Poe is gone
- D-line is bad outside of Chris Jones
- ILB is trash. DJ is old and won't be back to form. The others couldn't stop the run to save their lives
- OLB was supposed to be the strength of the team but Houston is always injured, Hali gets 6 snaps a game anymore and is old, and Dee Ford completely dissapeared in the 2nd half of the year.
- Peters is the only good CB.

That defense is going to crash very loving hard.

It's the Raiders division now.

Oh, and Alex Smith is coming back which is just loving peachy.

Chromatic fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 27, 2017

• Locked thread