Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ThermoPhysical posted:

Sorry, just got back from vacation so didn't see this until now!

Storks was pretty good, nothing in Rock Dog beats those fuckin' wolves though. To me, that joke was amazing each time.

What happened to Matt Damon? Because he sure as poo poo didn't deserve anything for Great Wall, which was just a dreadful movie overall with bland but at times strikingly colorful imagery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Drifter posted:

What happened to Matt Damon? Because he sure as poo poo didn't deserve anything for Great Wall, which was just a dreadful movie overall with bland but at times strikingly colorful imagery.

I felt like he should've got it last year for The Martian, but yeah sometimes the reason why people win rewards or not get it is very baffling.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Drifter posted:

What's the second gif from?

Also, loved the Oscars, perfect till the end. :(

Loved that Zootopia and Piper won!

Reading the thread over, I'm glad you saw GMD, Hedrigall. It's in my top five Disney movies along with ENG, WIR, Robin Hood, and Aladdin.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Awwww

https://twitter.com/briankesinger/status/836108957617774592

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

JesseHechtCREATIVE posted:

Reading the thread over, I'm glad you saw GMD, Hedrigall. It's in my top five Disney movies along with ENG, WIR, Robin Hood, and Aladdin.

I'm glad I saw it too :3: Oooh a Robin Hood rewatch is certainly on the cards for soon.

Don't give it to him, he'll just melt it down to sell gold watches!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Atlantis: The Lost Empire, show me what you got.

Oh, Michael J Fox, it's always a joy to hear your voice :h:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Hedrigall posted:

Atlantis: The Lost Empire, show me what you got.

Oh, Michael J Fox, it's always a joy to hear your voice :h:

It's such a fun film with a great cast of characters. One day I should watch the DTV sequel.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Atlantis: The Lost Empire is unironically my favorite 2D animated Disney film. I cut a tribute trailer for it a little while ago because I both am a huge dork and I adore the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Sikmmmyp8

Everyone knows who Elsa is, but ask someone if they remember Kida and I'm 100% sure you'll be met with a :geno:

Shame, because Kida is such a badass :allears:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hmm, why isn't Kida a Disney princess?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Probably because Atlantis was a commercial dud.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Pocahontas says hello.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Jesus that video of the bird from Thumbelina mashed up with the Eminem song still makes me grin from ear to ear. I can't stop watching it.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Pocahontas says hello.

Pocahontas has the advantage of having a really good anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkV-of_eN2w

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

The_Doctor posted:

Hmm, why isn't Kida a Disney princess?

Maybe you have to be a protagonist? (Haven't seen the film yet)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Kida probably didn't sing enough.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I can finally start correcting people when they tell me I like a furry movie.

*ahem* I believe you mean oscar award winning furry movie

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Fangz posted:

Maybe you have to be a protagonist? (Haven't seen the film yet)

Kida is a co-lead/major character.

YggiDee posted:

Kida probably didn't sing enough.

This is probably the real reason.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Martytoof posted:

I can finally start correcting people when they tell me I like a furry movie.

*ahem* I believe you mean oscar award winning furry movie

It's not a furry movie, or a kids movie, or anything else

It's an everyone movie :3:

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Yay for Zootopia! :toot:

I wonder if it will get a fancy special edition? I'd love to hear a commentary track or get that short documentary that came out a while back attached on a disc.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I would double dip so hard if that got released!

What if they also did a new short film with Zootopia characters for the release :kiddo:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Crazy Ferret posted:

Yay for Zootopia! :toot:

I wonder if it will get a fancy special edition? I'd love to hear a commentary track or get that short documentary that came out a while back attached on a disc.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind buying it on BluRay a second time if it comes with any new Oscar stuff.

Despite the fact that I don't actually own a physical media player.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Hedrigall posted:

What if they also did a new short film with Zootopia characters for the release :kiddo:

Judy and Nick process Flash's arrest paperwork. It is 5 minutes long and still contains no less a dozen animal puns.

God willing, there will be a The Wire reference.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Urgh, it wasn't even a contest, it was going to be Zootopia or Moana.

(Nevermind that there was some actually great animation nominated this year, but meh, popularity contest.)

I'm... glad Piper won animated shorts though? I realize it's the obvious pixar short, but gently caress it, compared to what else was actually nominated, it actually was pretty great.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That "How Far I'll Go" Performance though. :swoon: she looked so nervous but completely killed it. Her voice is unbelievable

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I guess I should probably watch Kubo at some point. Hopefully it hits Netflix sooner rather than later.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think Zootopia was the correct win this year, regardless of how I feel about previous years.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
They acknowledged the movie that teaches us how our problems are ultimately caused by conspiracies.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Pick posted:

I think Zootopia was the correct win this year, regardless of how I feel about previous years.

:yeah:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

They acknowledged the movie that teaches us how our problems are ultimately caused by conspiracies.

Maybe Crash was actually really good and we're all just being too cynical.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I wonder if Disney will now throw a merchandising bone or two to fans of its billion-dollar-grossing, Oscar-winning, good film Zootopia

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

Hedrigall posted:

I wonder if Disney will now throw a merchandising bone or two to fans of its billion-dollar-grossing, Oscar-winning, good film Zootopia

No, they still have leftover Big Hero 6 toys to sell.

And more Stitch merchandise to make.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hedrigall posted:

I guess they could reduce the Frozen section down to nineteen displays.

But they won't.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Just lol at praying at Daddy Disney for toys.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Just lol indeed my friend. What else can we do in this cold harsh world but just lol

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
For one, nobody should try to protect themselves from said world with fantasies provided by passable animated movies, like that one goon who wanted to move to Zootopia when Trump won. Engendering that kind of mindset is what makes Zootopia bad.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

When 9/11 happened I went to go live with Aqua Teen Hunger Force and that worked out pretty okay.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

wuffles posted:

I want Piper to win the short and Zootopia for best animated feature.

:feelsgood: but the 6 year old is on a Moana kick and I'm really enjoying that movie and music a lot more on repeated viewing/listening.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

JesseHechtCREATIVE posted:

What's the second gif from?

Loved that Zootopia and Piper won!

It's from the Storks movie. It's a pack of wolves. Pretty funny scene. It's not a hilarious movie, but it's pretty consistently amusing.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
I watched Storks the other day. Fun but a little bit disappointed after the praise it'd got in this thread, although it wasn't bad by any means. Also I was surprised by them just offing the bad guy like that, seemed kind of dark relative to the rest of the movie.

I can't really have a problem with the Oscar wins this year, Piper was really great and Zootopia was too even though this thread has turned me off of it a bit.

Koramei fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Please try to remember that most people who watched Zootopia appreciated it for its nuance and artistry and not because of wiener reasons.