Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Keiya posted:

My SE too, but Amazon hasn't charged my Switch yet so I'm kind of on edge worrying I screwed up with Amazon.

You don't need a pro controller. You can use the joycons on the included grip.

If you have prime, Amazon won't charge you until a couple of days before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I don't have prime, because I only order like two things a year from them on average so it'd be a waste of money.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Some people don't want any footage at all because they need to figure out they're trying to stop Ganon for the hundredth time.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm guessing in this one you have to breath on Ganon to kill him once and for all (for at least 10 years).

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
Welp I'm now considering getting just the Switch and the game so it's under $400 and just deal with the lovely joycons not syncing half the time but I can't even find the system for sale online anywhere. Is the Switch already that popular or is the initial shipment of units a very low number?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

spasticColon posted:

Welp I'm now considering getting just the Switch and the game so it's under $400 and just deal with the lovely joycons not syncing half the time but I can't even find the system for sale online anywhere. Is the Switch already that popular or is the initial shipment of units a very low number?

It's a brand new Nintendo that's been super hyped and is shipping with what people herald as the best Zelda ever.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

spasticColon posted:

Initial shipments are a very low number. Nintendo's been doing this with basically everything since the Wii.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

TFRazorsaw posted:

Tennis. Ganondorf plays Tennis.
And the piano.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I just wonder what Ganon's up to?
isn't he floating around Hyrule Castle as a giant evil pink fart cloud shaped like a pig? I remember seeing that in a trailer or something ages ago.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

isn't he floating around Hyrule Castle as a giant evil pink fart cloud shaped like a pig? I remember seeing that in a trailer or something ages ago.

Great! I'll grab my stuff.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

spasticColon posted:

Your choices are:

A) Pay an inflated price for a Switch on Ebay

B) Wait until they are in stock

Enjoy!

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'

spasticColon posted:

It sold out the day it was announced. Stores would periodically get updated stock for a while but I don't think there have been any to claim for a few weeks now. Just keep an eye on nowinstock and within a couple weeks from launch you should be able to get one I would think.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RCarr posted:

Your choices are:

Enjoy!

Or, if you have a Wii U, you can probably just save $400 and deal with the game in 720p.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Please tell me goons, is a new console popular?

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Cojawfee posted:

i can't remember, was the Wii U totally sold out and hard to get for a few weeks after launch? if so, lol

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Is there a specific reason there was no mention of Hyrule Warriors in the Art & Artifacts book? It's not like it's one of the CD-i games, it was actually published by Nintendo even if it wasn't designed by them.

A lot of cool poo poo in that one, and I would have loved to have seen nice, crisp pictures of Cia's rack all of the weapons, items, and 8-bit sprites, etc.

As it is, the book is awesome and huge and well worth the $6 I paid after a gift card.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

MokBa posted:

If any of y'all spoil this poo poo in the thread I'm gonna come to your house and smash your Switch in front of your crying wife.

Why is my wife crying

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

a.lo posted:

Why is my wife crying

I, too, am curious about the details of this scenario.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Reinanigans posted:

Is there a specific reason there was no mention of Hyrule Warriors in the Art & Artifacts book? It's not like it's one of the CD-i games, it was actually published by Nintendo even if it wasn't designed by them.

A lot of cool poo poo in that one, and I would have loved to have seen nice, crisp pictures of Cia's rack all of the weapons, items, and 8-bit sprites, etc.

As it is, the book is awesome and huge and well worth the $6 I paid after a gift card.

It's not canon, probably. Even Link's Awakening is considered canon, and has a spot in ~The Zelda Timeline~. Hyrule Warriors interacts with various points in the history, but it's not part of the actual canon- the timeline doesn't change retroactively to reflect the fact that Lana and her version of Link paid visits to Skyloft and like at least 2 different time periods of Hyrule proper during the events of their respective games.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

im gonna gently caress a peahat in botw

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

a.lo posted:

Why is my wife crying

Because she just got dunked on.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

RCarr posted:

Your choices are:

Enjoy!

there are still plenty of the grey consoles left in the uk, shopto even has the master edition of zelda going. not that it helps any if you're not in the uk but still. reminds me of the n64 days, wonder if this means my zelda order will get canned the night before and i'll have to spend the whole of friday searching for a copy only to then have the store i originally pre-order from phone me up and be like "hey, got some, you want some? come get some!" like i did OoT. those were some loving rollercoaster days.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Cojawfee posted:

Yes, all new consoles are popular.*

*except the Ouya

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

murked by dragon posted:

i can't remember, was the Wii U totally sold out and hard to get for a few weeks after launch? if so, lol

It was hard to get for like a week, then all the scalpers returned the ones they couldn't sell on eBay.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

a.lo posted:

Why is my wife crying

Cuz she likes Zelda too, of course. But also, because it felt slightly less mean than writing "while your kids cry".

But also, I spoiled myself on that scene anyway. It wasn't anything too big, but I realized I would've rather experienced it while playing the game, so I'm definitely going to avoid any further spoilers from here on out.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

IGN has a neat youtube video showing trying to run straight to Hyrule Castle. Mild spoilers and I wouldn't watch if you are trying to be pure.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Does Lonk get to gently caress or not?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I got to hold a Switch in my hand and play Zelda for about a minute. I immediately ran towards Hyrule Castle and got ganked by several guardians at once and a ton of skeletons. Still managed to get closer than I've seen anybody get in videos before getting killed. It was dope.

Controls are gonna take some getting used to, in part because they're very different from previous Zelda games. It seems way smoother and more responsive then pretty much any other open world game tho. That's what is really cool about this game, it's rare to see an open world game with the Bethesda jank replaced by Nintendo polish.
Also the Joycon shoulder buttons feel pretty weird, they're really close to each other. It also feltweird that the analog sticks and buttons aren't in the Wii U positions anymore. Dammit Nintendo pick a layout and stick with it!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

murked by dragon posted:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I wonder how someone can think "I was able to get 21 of these things, they will sell for a premium on ebay."

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Augus posted:

Dammit Nintendo pick a layout and stick with it!

still think they should have just kept the gamecube pads forever. maybe added another z button and a start select. still feels great to hold.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Cojawfee posted:

I wonder how someone can think "I was able to get 21 of these things, they will sell for a premium on ebay."

They figure after what happened with the Wii that the Wii U would be the same.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Cojawfee posted:

Does Lonk get to gently caress or not?

only if you name your file "Groose"

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Link is going to bone the shark.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Hard to believe that Link dumped Zelda for the Lonely Arrow Girl

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Gorgolflox posted:

Hard to believe that Link dumped Zelda for the Lonely Arrow Girl

loving every game these days is ruined by LAG

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
Apparently not only has the WiiU game sold early, but it's decryption key leaked online as well so spoilers incoming I'd imagine.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What do you mean by sold early?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

RCarr posted:

What do you mean by sold early?

Some retailers gave people their copy early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I would honestly go buy this game for WiiU today if I could, even though I have a switch coming Friday.