Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

and in so doing, lost both

it's like a disney movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UHD posted:

new thread title, same ol bullshit

don't sign your posts

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

2016 Dems were a status quo party that thought things were basically fine in the face of overwhelming evidence that things are actually not fine at all. My big worry is that 2017/2018 Dems will be largely the same just with revised marketing slogans that will dead cat bounce their way back into thinking that they Found the Message while everything continues to be not fine at all.

I don't know, I think the one thing that everyone can agree on right now is that things are very much not fine.

The more pressing problem will be whether the Democrats campaign on anything other than IT'S ALL TRUMP'S FAULT and LET'S RETURN TO THE GLORY DAYS OF THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION or whether we'll acknowledge that the U.S. has problems that are more than about a month old.

As for Hillary? I'm over her. She's the past. She's dead to me. Look ahead.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

yeah i've been slightly right of center since pretty much 2010, but the difference is i shifted from left of center rather than from far right. i've always been registered as an independent because i've always hated the power the social conservative faction of the republican party has and i also hate the fiscally irresponsible part of the democratic party. like i am down af with most of the social programs on a progressive agenda but every time people stop talking before they say how they're realistically going to pay for it i just want to punch someone

Oh hey there 12 years ago me if you want to get a head start we're communist and stockpiling ammunition now.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I'm part of the fiscal irresponsibility wing of the democratic party, my way or the highway bub.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

i'm not sure "corporate kickbacks" count as fiscal responsibility

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Homeless Friend posted:

I'm part of the fiscal irresponsibility wing of the democratic party, my way or the highway bub.

the highways are pothole infested death traps :(

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Is this where you kick CEOs in the back until they give us all their money?

Because I'd be down with that.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Perez self-owning by just saying he's "progressive", no mention of results? Weird

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

UHD posted:

the highways are pothole infested minigames :(

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

docbeard posted:

Is this where you kick CEOs in the back until they give us all their money?

Because I'd be down with that.
well if we're going to normalize redefining words like "facts" that'd be a pretty good redefinition of kickback :getin:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/KellySewRad/status/836229443286786048

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Immolate the rich on a pyre of their own money imo. Crassus style also works.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

got any sevens posted:

Perez self-owning by just saying he's "progressive", no mention of results? Weird

I have a feeling that we are gonna be hearing about all of his "accomplishments" once trump signs the EOs erasing them from history.

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

UHD posted:

the highways are pothole infested death traps :(

Sorry, filling those potholes would be fiscally irresponsible. We'd have to make a CEO pay taxes, and what then?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

they deffo do not

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Allowing taxes to return to their historic rates = fiscal irresponsibility

Endless war in the Middle East = necessary fiscal responsibility

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/836234495711936512
same

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Theris posted:

Sorry, filling those potholes would be fiscally irresponsible. We'd have to make a CEO pay taxes, and what then?

Sure, we could fill those potholes, but would that solve racism forever?

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Bushiz posted:

Oh hey there 12 years ago me if you want to get a head start we're communist and stockpiling ammunition now.

if me from twelve years in the future is still posting on SA i don't think id listen

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

if me 12 years from now is posting please tell me next week lotto numbers

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
It's not a quarantine thread fyi

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it just a plague

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I still don't know if this was the original dem thread or the reform the dem party thread and the original dem thread disappeared

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

zegermans posted:

I still don't know if this was the original dem thread or the reform the dem party thread and the original dem thread disappeared

all dem threads devolve into the same dumpster fire so it really doesn't matter

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The DPP thread is still around and is Actually Good because effort threads are good

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Oddly enough threads about how to improve the Democratic Party always get filled up with people who want to criticize Democrats

it's the weirdest thing

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

this thread is for venting and spamming buttgieg posts

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Didn't Obama personally call DNC members and asked them to vote for Failin' Tom ?

yep, but this position doesn't matter

like at all

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Obama should've called for Buttigieg smh he's dead to me now

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Condiv posted:

yep, but this position doesn't matter

like at all

Gonna repeat what I've been saying for two days: if this position doesn't matter, like at all, why not give it to Ellison as a gesture of goodwill, to help repair the factional rift

why couldn't they just do this one little tiny thing

(it's pride) (the answer is pride)

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Clinton is pretty conclusively not an interdimensional demon because you would assume they would run at least a somewhat competant political campaign

evil is always defeated

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

loquacius posted:

Gonna repeat what I've been saying for two days: if this position doesn't matter, like at all, why not give it to Ellison as a gesture of goodwill, to help repair the factional rift

In the defense of Perez, he didn't have to give the deputy job to Ellison but he did as a gesture of goodwill to help repair the factional rift.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
They were both bank-owned Brock shills so they said meh whatever

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

logikv9 posted:

Obama should've called for Buttigieg smh he's dead to me now

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
There's plenty of goodwill, Perez and Ellison talked about their plans for rigging the election over dinner a few weeks ago.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

logikv9 posted:

They were both bank-owned Brock shills so they said meh whatever

This is the real answer.

If there's going to be a leftist uprising, it will have to come outside of the DNC, the way the right wing upraising was created outside of the GOP. It was outside interest groups that started propping up candidates in local and state races that helped the GOP get into this position.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Baloogan posted:

evil is always defeated

except in cases where God would think its funnier if evil won. comedy is clearly the only reason he makes decisions

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

loquacius posted:

what part about this position not mattering do you not understand?

now stop caring about it so the clinton wing can have their puppet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

tadashi posted:

In the defense of Perez, he didn't have to give the deputy job to Ellison but he did as a gesture of goodwill to help repair the factional rift.

yes, what a gesture of goodwill. giving a made up job with absolutely no power as a concession

• Locked thread