Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

OgreNoah posted:

Way faster. Bottle caps are not super abundant and if you've got 6IV dittos it's super easy to get the correct 5IVs or even 6IVs. Getting to 100 takes so long now that Blissey Hidden Bases are no more.

But how long does it take to get a 6IV ditto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

iospace posted:

But how long does it take to get a 6IV ditto?

A couple minutes after asking for one.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dienes posted:

A couple minutes after asking for one.

Right :doh:

I wouldn't mind having one, to be fair.

iospace fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 27, 2017

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
So I bought A Shirt in white, dyed it dark purple because hallelujah I got the purple dye house, and now I can't re-buy it in white if say I want to dye one green later as well? Therefore you can only have one dyed item of each article of clothing? Lame if true.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Dabir posted:

Training to 100 is what seems to take the time. The Festival Plaza malarky too.

Yeah. There isn't an easy xp fountain. Rare kitchens are fine but that's hundreds of FC plus level 98 and 99 at a minimum.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

FishBulb posted:

I think breeding 6ivs is faster than hypertraining 1 but what do I know

It's way faster because Bottle Caps are relatively rare/time consuming to get and Grinding to level 100 in this game is very slow.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Any argument that takes for granted that you would breed using a Ditto with 6 IVs is quite puzzling. If you're willing to cheat then why not just pokegen the thing you want and be done in no time? Surely that's the least effort of all.

FishBulb posted:

Yeah. There isn't an easy xp fountain. Rare kitchens are fine but that's hundreds of FC plus level 98 and 99 at a minimum.

What are you talking about? What's level 98 and 99?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's way faster because Bottle Caps are relatively rare/time consuming to get and Grinding to level 100 in this game is very slow.

I think you should be able to get more than one bottle cap a week if you just farm shards in poke pelago and occasionally get them from lottery stalls. Are you breeding sufficiently many pokemon that that's a bottleneck? I guess it is a bit slow to get to level 100 but it's only really an issue if the mon needs to have its perfect stats right now as opposed to having 5 out of 6 and one that's "good enough" until such time as it gets there.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Hammerite posted:

Any argument that takes for granted that you would breed using a Ditto with 6 IVs is quite puzzling. If you're willing to cheat then why not just pokegen the thing you want and be done in no time? Surely that's the least effort of all.

What are you talking about? What's level 98 and 99?

I didn't cheat to get a 6 IV ditto. Some other person out there did 10 years ago. I've just been keeping it in my box.

Unless I screwed up my understanding of the way the kitchen works it will only get you to level 98. You still need to get to 100 to use a bottle cap. You can use 2 rare candies but that's 96 battle points once you've found the few in the game.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

What's the "quick" way to get a Pokemon to 100 in Sun & Moon anyway?

I'm also still on the lookout for a sweet 6 IV Ditto.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

FishBulb posted:

I didn't cheat to get a 6 IV ditto. Some other person out there did 10 years ago. I've just been keeping it in my box.

Unless I screwed up my understanding of the way the kitchen works it will only get you to level 98. You still need to get to 100 to use a bottle cap. You can use 2 rare candies but that's 96 battle points once you've found the few in the game.

Oh, ok I didn't know that. Still that's probably just battling Morimoto a couple of times. It is a shame they didn't put an easy way to get EXP in the game though, I agree.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

You do get them for 20-win streaks in the battle tree, but you can only collect 1 per day. They're also on the Pickup item table. None of which are great solutions, admittedly, but in general I think Hyper training is best saved for unbreedables like the Tapus, or making a pretty but otherwise sub-par shiny into something competitive. Speaking of which, did anyone actually like Gogoat enough to breed one with its HA? After examining my legendaries, I realized Tapu Bulu is the only one I caught without an outright detrimental nature so it'd be nice to take advantage of grassy terrain.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Rangpur posted:

You do get them for 20-win streaks in the battle tree, but you can only collect 1 per day. They're also on the Pickup item table. None of which are great solutions, admittedly, but in general I think Hyper training is best saved for unbreedables like the Tapus, or making a pretty but otherwise sub-par shiny into something competitive. Speaking of which, did anyone actually like Gogoat enough to breed one with its HA? After examining my legendaries, I realized Tapu Bulu is the only one I caught without an outright detrimental nature so it'd be nice to take advantage of grassy terrain.

Love pickup. I need to make a team of linoones and raise them to 100 in AS then port them over to pick up items. I can't find a chart of Pickup chances anywhere though for SuMo, there is usually have a chart of chances by level.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Munin posted:

What's the "quick" way to get a Pokemon to 100 in Sun & Moon anyway?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Hammerite posted:

Oh, ok I didn't know that. Still that's probably just battling Morimoto a couple of times. It is a shame they didn't put an easy way to get EXP in the game though, I agree.

Nah it's not. I did the entire elite 4 and champ with a level 91 Pokémon who I screwed up the kitchen on and it didn't even go up 1 level. Seriously it's very hard to get levels when you get up that high.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

Jade Ear Joe

FishBulb posted:

Nah it's not. I did the entire elite 4 and champ with a level 91 Pokémon who I screwed up the kitchen on and it didn't even go up 1 level. Seriously it's very hard to get levels when you get up that high.

I guess I've been spoiled by O-powers/whatever they were called back in gen 5

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Diet Poison posted:

So I bought A Shirt in white, dyed it dark purple because hallelujah I got the purple dye house, and now I can't re-buy it in white if say I want to dye one green later as well? Therefore you can only have one dyed item of each article of clothing? Lame if true.

Yup.

You have to re-dye it each time you want to change it's colour.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

OgreNoah posted:

Love pickup. I need to make a team of linoones and raise them to 100 in AS then port them over to pick up items. I can't find a chart of Pickup chances anywhere though for SuMo, there is usually have a chart of chances by level.
They changed it, level doesn't matter for Pickup anymore. Charts for each game can be found here.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I think it slightly influences the drop rate, though. You can get rare candy off a level 3 Meowth, but the odds are better as they level. ...Which they probably will anyway since you need battles to trigger Pickup in the first place.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Getting Legendaries set up to Hyper Train is all I've been doing for the last 4 days, and I am so thankful GF put it in this game. I've had a Timid Mewtwo for the last 4 generations that I've wanted to use, but it had poo poo IVs. Now, it destroys everyone.

I think the few times I've gone through the Battle Tree plus in-game pick-ups have given me just enough bottle caps and rare candies to hit the half-a-dozen or so legendaries I care about hyper training (after Rare Kitchen shenanigans), but I imagine it would be a huge slog to grind them for any more than that.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ETpcylnR4

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Battle Tree ahoy I suppose.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Hello, I made this. Watch it if it interests you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1o4kY8yy08

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The next global mission, collect BP is up.

The next competition begins March 9th. The participation prize for this one are the Pidgeotite and Steelixite. Format is 3v3 singles.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

I am Reverend posted:

Hello, I made this. Watch it if it interests you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1o4kY8yy08

I've missed your videos man. Still the best at being chill/doin jokes about this lovely game we both love.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Too bad BP you get from Bank probably won't count. :v: Still, hopefully the goal for this one is easily attained.

Excuse me while I go clown the Battle Tree some more with your team. Oh and I guess I could get lazy and use that same team in the next competition, huh?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Silver Falcon posted:

Too bad BP you get from Bank probably won't count. :v: Still, hopefully the goal for this one is easily attained.

Excuse me while I go clown the Battle Tree some more with your team. Oh and I guess I could get lazy and use that same team in the next competition, huh?

It's already 10% done

I love that they give you like 4000 FC for a success. Why ever do any normal festival poo poo. That's absurd.

The next competition allows both Kanto and Alola Pokémon.

I'm not really sure what is in one and not the other though.

FishBulb fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 28, 2017

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

When do we get the Mega Stones for participating in the February International tournament?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Eventually

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

If its like the 20th anniversary mythical Pokémon Gamestop/EB games giveaways, then probably a few months from now.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I'm excited for Pidgeotite! I've got a shiny from AS that needs to be OK instead of terrible. Maybe during this competition I won't have a tree get struck by lightning in my backyard and explode onto the cable wires, making online battling impossible. Well, I can dream.

Edit: Below, it'd be nice if they'd update the game to include a national pokedex instead of just having the pokebank version.

OgreNoah fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 28, 2017

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I wonder if they hold off on distributing those Mega Stones until after they've patched the missing ones into the SuMo code, then just have the players who participated in the competitions get said contest stones for free.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I was gonna post asking for some good AI-abusing Battle Tree teams but when I checked the Global Mission this morning the score was already at a quarter of the goal.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Oh good Lord. Do any of the Multi-Battle partners have teams that just attack? I have failed to beat the beginner tier of Multi-Battles multiple times now because they keep loving Taunting or Feather Dancing poo poo that will one-shot them anyway. It was easier beating Doubles because I wasn't forced to cover for stupid poo poo.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Parrotine posted:

I wonder if they hold off on distributing those Mega Stones until after they've patched the missing ones into the SuMo code, then just have the players who participated in the competitions get said contest stones for free.

There are no missing Mega stones, they're all in the game already.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Xander B Coolridge posted:

I was gonna post asking for some good AI-abusing Battle Tree teams but when I checked the Global Mission this morning the score was already at a quarter of the goal.
welp

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/836645375398260736

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Oh joy. I just got locked out of Pokemon Bank because their craptastic server dropped me. Anyone know how long the hold on that lasts?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Crosspeice posted:

There are no missing Mega stones, they're all in the game already.

I'm pretty sure Flygonite is still missing from the code.

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011

lmao

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Scholtz posted:

I'm pretty sure Flygonite is still missing from the code.

Same with snorlaxite and dragoniteite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

drat, didn't that challenge just come out too? Players move quick