Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Why hasn't someone come up with A KD My Next Chapter image generator app yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jrue Holiday seems broken right now, maybe the Pelicans can use Brandon Jennings?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
How is it that literally 99% of even moderate basketball fans could have predicted the crash-and-burn of the Knicks offseason decisions but they still went ahead with them anyways? Do they enjoy failure? It's the most masochistic management I've ever witnessed.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Because this guy is at the hem

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The same way literally every single basketball observer knew that The Bulls offseason was gonna end poorly.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Because this guy is at the hem

I kinda love Phil Jackson for rising the bus. Especially because he appears to be in physical pain

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Boosh! posted:

Isola saying Rose might be let go as well. LOL, my franchise.

Should've just kept Robin Lopez.

This would be hilarious.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Frank Isola is a loving hack but I wish he would be right just this one time

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
BRANDON PLEASE COME BACK TO DETROIT

Libertine posted:

How is it that literally 99% of even moderate basketball fans could have predicted the crash-and-burn of the Knicks offseason decisions but they still went ahead with them anyways? Do they enjoy failure? It's the most masochistic management I've ever witnessed.

Because they weren't trying to win. They were trying to placate their aHYYyy A FUCKIN BROOKLYN PIZZA fans while improving their lottery odds

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 27, 2017

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

WhyteRyce posted:

Jrue Holiday seems broken right now, maybe the Pelicans can use Brandon Jennings?

I know it's only been a couple of games but that Pelicans offense looks so bland and predictable. Whenever it's not a clear out iso for Cousins or Davis it's just impatient shots.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Doltos posted:

I know it's only been a couple of games but that Pelicans offense looks so bland and predictable. Whenever it's not a clear out iso for Cousins or Davis it's just impatient shots.

Should probably give them more time to gel. It was recently pointed out to me this Pelicans core would be perfect for the type of offense Avery Johnson likes to run. I know that's ridiculous and I'd be the first to say I don't want him to coach a team I like. However, might be something they should consider going into the offseason.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's been like a week lmao. My favorite team's offense is garbage and stagnant and they've been together all year.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 27, 2017

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Also it's important to note that the guards/wings on that roster are really, really bad.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Only hope for Embiid to have a productive career at this point is getting traded to Phoenix.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Spacebump posted:

Should probably give them more time to gel. It was recently pointed out to me this Pelicans core would be perfect for the type of offense Avery Johnson likes to run. I know that's ridiculous and I'd be the first to say I don't want him to coach a team I like. However, might be something they should consider going into the offseason.

The biggest thing is that Cousins is going from one of the slowest pace teams to one of the fastest, and I've seen a lot of comment that Cousins is just out of shape. Very Bogut like in not going back in transition and doing fouls to stop fastbreaks because he literally can't get back in time.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Spacebump posted:

Unleash the Cousins/Davis PnR.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tae posted:

The biggest thing is that Cousins is going from one of the slowest pace teams to one of the fastest, and I've seen a lot of comment that Cousins is just out of shape. Very Bogut like in not going back in transition and doing fouls to stop fastbreaks because he literally can't get back in time.

Solid point. As someone that's watched almost every Mavs game and most of the Boogie Pels games, I have to point out Boogie is way faster than Bogut.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Only hope for Embiid to have a productive career at this point is getting traded to Phoenix.

Colangelo could probably get two protected 1st rounders* and Alan Williams for him

*top 30 protected, revert to $100 Amazon gift certificates if they do not convey.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Doltos posted:

Unleash the Cousins/Davis PnR.

mbison_yes.gif

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Dexo posted:

It's been like a week lmao. My favorite team's offense is garbage and stagnant and they've been together all year.

They've had all of a single practice before today and the new personnel configuration requires big changes on how the offense and defense are run.

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status/836292860198731777

https://twitter.com/ScottDKushner/status/836293452597985280

And, yes, the supporting cast has been awful. They're shooting like 35% on uncontested shots since the trade.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Lockback posted:

If they decide to pay the tax a few years (and most teams can stomach going in, they just usually don't sustain for more than 2 or 3 years) why is that a blessing? Ibaka has played well for the Raptors already. He's an efficient scorer who doesn't need the ball and gives them help on the boards and on D.

Because I don't think he is a max player and he will probably continue to regress. 20+ for an iffy max player when you already have 2 other iffy guys is rough.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/CodyWesterlund/status/836304617289940993

Maybe pass the ball every once in a while. Hit your open shots. Don't suck on defense.

Wait nope definitely god making a way and not a FO dumping an expiring salary.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Also, this is a pretty good article with several player quotes re: the Pels slow start: http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans-pelicans/post/_/id/1068/jrue-holiday-struggling-to-find-his-way-as-part-of-pelicans-big-three

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Dexo posted:

The same way literally every single basketball observer knew that The Bulls offseason was gonna end poorly.

That 1st week or so when everyone was like "Wait...this might work" before it all crashed down was pretty great though.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Paul Zuvella posted:

Also it's important to note that the guards/wings on that roster are really, really bad.

Yeah when Cousins had that quote about "praying for help" in Sacramento and about how stoked he was to be playing with Davis the cynic in me was thinking about how terrible the rest of the NO roster is beyond Davis and Holiday. Like, it's kinda even beyond Sac. Dude's gonna be praying for help just as hard over the next year. Davis + Cousins rules but I honestly don't know if you can be a successful basketball team with 2 superstars, 1 good player and then the next 10 guys are sub-replacement player level.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The light was that Casspi was going to be a good addition but then he got hurt

he was literally their 4th best player

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Kyle Lowry reportedly having right wrist surgery tomorrow to "remove loose bodies." Hopes to be back for the start of the playoffs.

God damnit.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What loose bodies?...

...WHAT LOOSE BODIES?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/CodyWesterlund/status/836304617289940993

Maybe pass the ball every once in a while. Hit your open shots. Don't suck on defense.

Wait nope definitely god making a way and not a FO dumping an expiring salary.

He sounds really stupid and that interview could have almost been compiled from a random sample of athlete interview mad libs.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

when the loose bodies hit the floor

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Kyle Lowry reportedly having right wrist surgery tomorrow to "remove loose bodies." Hopes to be back for the start of the playoffs.

God damnit.
:whitewater:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

That's one way to keep Lowry fresh in the playoffs

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan Bimble posted:

Because they weren't trying to win. They were trying to placate their aHYYyy A FUCKIN BROOKLYN PIZZA fans while improving their lottery odds

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
People of other fandoms keep randomly throwing this line about how the knicks need the likes of rose and noah to please the fans as if msg was this ghost town with one functioning bathroom stall in their bathrooms. Either melo or porzingis alone would've filled the house every night with people tuning in on tv. Phil was trying to win now and jennings proves it because he was pitched when he was signed that this was somehow a contender team

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Paul Zuvella posted:

What loose bodies?...

...WHAT LOOSE BODIES?

Ask David Stern

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Paul Zuvella posted:

What loose bodies?...

...WHAT LOOSE BODIES?

Aliens, doh.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

If I ever felt what I would describe as a "loose body" in my wrist then I'd probably think I was dying.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Damnit, you beat me to the bodies joke.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

People of other fandoms keep randomly throwing this line about how the knicks need the likes of rose and noah to please the fans as if msg was this ghost town with one functioning bathroom stall in their bathrooms. Either melo or porzingis alone would've filled the house every night with people tuning in on tv. Phil was trying to win now and jennings proves it because he was pitched when he was signed that this was somehow a contender team

How can you believe that. Everyone in the league knew Noah moves like an embalmed corpse. Jennings Tore his achilles 1.5 years before he signed. Derrick Rose was awful by any measure. He signed a bunch of Name players who weren't good. He didn't acquire one player like that. He acquired 3, all at once. That says 'tactic' not 'series of bumbling errors.

Maybe the NBA has a secret colangelo waiting in the wings for any team that openly tanks. But there is no way the franchise thought the players they signed would make the team better. Maybe Noah as a sort of defensive tutor for Porzingis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hi I'm here to bandwagon the Rockets until they start losing a lot or more likely until I forget to watch the game tonight.

• Locked thread