Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What is the thread's opinion of the whole sushi pizza thing? I enjoy them, but I could definitely see why a person wouldn't....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

RareAcumen posted:

Look at this sexy pizza.

Apples AF but I'd eat it

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
That's one of those pre-made pizza crusts right?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What is the thread's opinion of the whole sushi pizza thing? I enjoy them, but I could definitely see why a person wouldn't....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ewJKkaoQRw

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Jyrraeth posted:

Recipe

Apparently you're supposed to shuck the clams after pulling it from 500°F oven and put the meat+juices in the well left from the shells. Kenji does everything the hard way, it seems.

Edit: lots of people having problems with it in the comments, lmao what a time consuming pizza
I've made his cast iron pan pizza a few times and it was great. It involved way less effort than that silliness.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Raw salmon is meant to be frozen, according to FDA guidelines, is it not? To kill parasites.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ranter posted:

Raw salmon is meant to be frozen, according to FDA guidelines, is it not? To kill parasites.

Yep. According to Wikipedia anyway
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sashimi#Safety

When I worked in the meat and seafood department we were told that frozen stuff could be call sashimi, but not the unfrozen salmon.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Ranter posted:

I don't know about the FDA, but here in Sweden that was the recommendation up until a few years ago. These days at least farmed Norwegian Salmon is considered parasite free and the regulatory agency considers it ok to consume raw without prior freezing.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
That is the guideline but there's a big difference between salmon frozen for 24 hours or whatever the guidelines say and salmon that has been in the back of the freezer for 3 months. In Kitchen Nightmares usually it's the latter case which is why Gordon gets pissed about it.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

It's my understanding that pretty much all fish (on any real scale) is actually flash frozen on catch and they just don't tell you. Am I wrong?

edit: note I have no problem with it if that is the case.

Zweihander01
May 4, 2009

A pizza discussion at work reminded me of that video of a Brazilian pizzeria where the pizza is covered in mayo or liquid cheese and put in the oven for about 40 seconds. Does anyone have that link handy because I need to make a bunch of New Yorkers cry.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

NLJP posted:

It's my understanding that pretty much all fish (on any real scale) is actually flash frozen on catch and they just don't tell you. Am I wrong?

edit: note I have no problem with it if that is the case.
If it still has the head, it's likely fresh. That was the case with trout. Otherwise, unless it was a special event like the fresh salmon from Alaska getting flown in and costing $$$ or the live lobsters in the tank or the live mussels or the fresh oysters and you know what only the salmon is actually fish so yeah.

If it's a fillet and it doesn't cost $$$ then it was frozen.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Zweihander01 posted:

A pizza discussion at work reminded me of that video of a Brazilian pizzeria where the pizza is covered in mayo or liquid cheese and put in the oven for about 40 seconds. Does anyone have that link handy because I need to make a bunch of New Yorkers cry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
California roll crust tuna sashimi pizza. Make it real so i can scarf it down.

e; also it has corn

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Screaming Idiot posted:

Ice cream with pie is unnecessary. That's entirely too much sweetness at once.

I am instituting pie rules, ladies and gentlemen.

:frogout:

Are you a middle school gym teacher or something?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

MariusLecter posted:

California roll crust tuna sashimi pizza. Make it real so i can scarf it down.

e; also it has loose corn

Ftfy

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Screaming Idiot posted:

see the reason it's so good is that the acid of the fruit in the pie balances out the sweetness and richness of the ice cream. It's perfection

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Screaming Idiot posted:

Never has a post and user name matched up more.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Jmcrofts posted:

see the reason it's so good is that the acid of the fruit in the pie balances out the sweetness and richness of the ice cream. It's perfection

Not every ice cream is super sweet anyway. You can use something with a mild base like mascarpone.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
A cool smooth scoop of vanilla with bits of cherry in it on a cherry pie slice.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
In the spirit of this thread, I think trout ice cream is the perfect topping for pie. https://vimeo.com/12674980

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

I heart bacon posted:

Can't be, he said "and gentlemen."

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I only serve pineapple ice cream on my tomato pie.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Pineapple iced cream is great on blueberry pie.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

A cool smooth scoop of vanilla with bits of cherry in it on a cherry pie slice.

:getin: That sounds sooooooo good. And I'm not even hungry right now.

A HUNGRY MOUTH posted:

Can't be, he said "and gentlemen."

:fry:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Ranter posted:

That's one of those pre-made pizza crusts right?

Yeah it looks like a Boboli

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Blueberry pie sucks.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

For context: Coney Island hot dogs / pączki. Two great tastes that taste :gonk: together.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Hirayuki posted:

For context: Coney Island hot dogs / pączki. Two great tastes that taste :gonk: together.

MY BODY IS READY

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Cakefarts Carol posted:

MY BODY IS READY

Yeah but dying from food is supposed to be delicious, not disgusting.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

Yes please? Then yes please? Also, yes please. I will take a second, move around a bit, belch a couple of time and yes please?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Hirayuki posted:

Would so hard

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

I heart bacon posted:

Screaming Idiot's username is entirely accurate on both counts fyi, you won't get a useful response.

:discourse:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Ranter posted:

chips (french fries) in sandwiches is p good too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGWaKdktNT8

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

Elizabethan Error posted:

Screaming Idiot's username is entirely accurate on both counts fyi, you won't get a useful response.
:discourse:

I guess that would make ME the idiot here for expecting anything different.... :aaaaa:

Kinda want to. I'd have to have a beer or two to muster up the courage. Then it would need jalapenos and some more beers on the side. Cuz dammit, if I go at a monster like this, I'm earning the shameful feeling that will follow it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Ramos posted:

Yeah but dying from food is supposed to be delicious, not disgusting.
This thread is all about disgusting and sometimes delicious. I would totally have the Polish Luther Coney.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Yeah, I'd throw a few bites of this into my stupid face. I mean, rice burgers are good; mac and cheese burgers probably taste pretty good (but I doubt I could eat a whole one.)

I don't have a picture, but the grocery store had a special on turtles the other day. Just three or four headless turtle carcasses, unrefrigerated and bloody, next to a tank full of fish in which at least two were belly-up.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

I mean, I would.

I would not, however, eat this

from http://imgur.com/gallery/9riW4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Polyseme posted:

I mean, I would.