Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Gringostar posted:

an attack by one is an attack by all

it is when you protect the racists and still give them power in the party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Condiv posted:

just cause they let a minority congressman get attacked by high ranking racists in the dem party doesn''t mean centrists are racists!!

"high ranking racists"

can i get a list of the dem party ranks? trying to figure out if i should buck for sergeant or major or what before i become (?) a racist

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Who do Dems love more: racists or lobbyists?

(the answer is lobbyists for racist industries)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fyi Clinton absolutely had cultishly devoted followers, a lot of them in D&D for example

but if she didn't, that would be a very bad sign for a national-level presidential-candidate-level politician so maybe don't be so braggy when you claim that

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

see also: basically all of my Facebook feed, which I am complaining about ITT constantly because they are insufferable

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Scent of Worf posted:

ITT centrists admit they are completely fine with a status quo where a black or hispanic person can do everything right (go to college, get an in-demand degree, land a well paying job) yet still make less money and have less wealth than a white dude with a high school diploma lmfao

why are centrists so racist?

can you quote some of this please?

because you're responding to my post, and I can quote the loving lol hillary cult posts

so I want to see which centrists said these things, or if you've made some sort of fictional poster to argue against who waaaaacky positions are just so easily knocked down by your impeccable assertion

i bet there's a term for that, somewhere

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Former Everything posted:

"high ranking racists"

can i get a list of the dem party ranks? trying to figure out if i should buck for sergeant or major or what before i become (?) a racist

if you have tons of money and give a bit of it to dems you're high ranking. that's the only way up. if you reach that point though, dems will happily indulge your islamophobia

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

laughing at the assertion... that there is a Hillary Cult
active in my local and state level democratic parties

hmm

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

loquacius posted:

see also: basically all of my Facebook feed, which I am complaining about ITT constantly because they are insufferable

well poo poo, I should have known

yesterday when I asked you for proof and you pointed me to literally "all of twitter"

and today your proof is your facebook feed

maybe the problem is your reliance on social media in shaping your worldview

wait, that can't be it

hillary cult/centrist war on leftists it is

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

loquacius posted:

Fyi Clinton absolutely had cultishly devoted followers, a lot of them in D&D for example

but if she didn't, that would be a very bad sign for a national-level presidential-candidate-level politician so maybe don't be so braggy when you claim that

Revisionism began November 9.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Remember Clinton's answer to the Muslim community question in the debates? It was basically the same as Trump's, she just stumbled around "I think all Muslims are collaborators" a little more. She was still like "communities need to spy on each other!"

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Condiv posted:

it is when you protect the racists and still give them power in the party

you still seem to think i'm not agreeing with you or something

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Remember Clinton's answer to the Muslim community question in the debates? It was basically the same as Trump's, she just stumbled around "I think all Muslims are collaborators" a little more. She was still like "communities need to spy on each other!"

her response to a question about the wall was that american already has a wall

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

can you quote some of this please?

because you're responding to my post, and I can quote the loving lol hillary cult posts

so I want to see which centrists said these things, or if you've made some sort of fictional poster to argue against who waaaaacky positions are just so easily knocked down by your impeccable assertion

i bet there's a term for that, somewhere

Your entire post history in this thread, for one

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

loquacius posted:

The people who deny the existence of the Clinton cults of personality are usually the foremost members because a central tenet of the Clinton strain is their """savvy""" and """smartness""" which precludes the acknowledgement of their (extremely white-centric, very priveleged) ideology as ideology.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

well poo poo, I should have known

yesterday when I asked you for proof and you pointed me to literally "all of twitter"

and today your proof is your facebook feed

maybe the problem is your reliance on social media in shaping your worldview

wait, that can't be it

hillary cult/centrist war on leftists it is

Did you not read the post before that one or what

"Cults" are good, that is what is called a "base". Hillary absolutely had one, and it would have been bad if she did not. I know you're angry at all the bad Bernie people on the Internet (and I'm sure your internet experience is so much more real than mine, dearie) and "cult" reminds you of them, but for a politician that is absolutely something you want.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Terror Sweat posted:

her response to a question about the wall was that american already has a wall

And it's Already Great! :911:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

FactsAreUseless posted:

lol centrism

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Shear Modulus posted:

https://twitter.com/StarTribune/status/836030340988719104

Lmao Democrats won't give Ellison any power but they sure do like him as a mascot.

I'd like to think Keith Ellison isn't so weak-willed that he'd willingly sell a policy he doesn't believe in. Maybe you feel differently.

If all this means is that Ellison books the TV appearances instead of Perez, I'm OK with that. Perez is Real Bad on TV.

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

loquacius posted:

Did you not read the post before that one or what

"Cults" are good, that is what is called a "base". Hillary absolutely had one, and it would have been bad if she did not. I know you're angry at all the bad Bernie people on the Internet (and I'm sure your internet experience is so much more real than mine, dearie) and "cult" reminds you of them, but for a politician that is absolutely something you want.

I'm sorry, I was supposed to add "your experience in loving D&D" to the "twitter" and "facebook" proof of a hillary clinton cult

I see how much more persuasive that is now

Cults are not a loving base

Cults are people who irrationally assign traits to the object or leader of the cult and then use the assigned traits and irrational loyalty to do things like, i.e., assert that people who do not vote in accordance with wishes of the leader (or object) are literally at war with those who did

A base is made up of people who range from "eh, I guess it's acceptable even if I'm not particularly happy about it" to "omg this is exactly perfectly all that I ever wanted" and includes all of the in-betweeners

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

I'm sorry, I was supposed to add "your experience in loving D&D" to the "twitter" and "facebook" proof of a hillary clinton cult

Cults are people who irrationally assign traits to the object or leader of the cult and then use the assigned traits and irrational loyalty to do things like, i.e., assert that people who do not vote in accordance with wishes of the leader (or object) are literally at war with those who did

A base is made up of people who range from "eh, I guess it's acceptable even if I'm not particularly happy about it" to "omg this is exactly perfectly all that I ever wanted" and includes all of the in-betweeners

so only people who toe the party line 100% are the base?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Y'know who didn't have a cult, Jeb loving "didn't win a single state primary" Bush, that's who

Even loving Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio had cults. Hell, John Kasich had one, it's just that none of them lived outside Ohio.

Martin O'Malley was similar to a cult leader in many ways, but having a cult was not one of them.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Condiv posted:

so only people who toe the party line 100% are the base?

close

the people that vote the party line 100% are the base

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ok, so you're torturing the definition of "cult" to mean "someone who says a thing the person I'm talking to said last night which made me really mad :mad:" because you are literally six years old, whatever, let's move past that one

If someone grudgingly accepts you but isn't happy about it, that person is not your "base" in any way shape or form, that's ludicrous. Your base is a group of people who are actually excited at the idea of you succeeding. They will say things that come off a little over-devoted sometimes. That is a byproduct of enthusiasm. If Clinton had none of these, that would have been a death knell. I'm sorry to tell you this, but she did, that was a good thing for her, and you can see them express these views in many places including :derp::wth:the Internet:wth::derp:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Gringostar posted:

close

the people that vote the party line 100% are the base

there were a lot of people that were "this is not acceptable but i have to vote the lesser evil" that still voted the party 100% of the time. they're not included in his definition of a base, only the people who are ok with everything the dems are doing.

i guess this explains why centrists kept ignoring the left all this time. as long as we were unhappy we weren't their base

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

loquacius posted:

Y'know who didn't have a cult, Jeb loving "didn't win a single state primary" Bush, that's who

Even loving Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio had cults. Hell, John Kasich had one, it's just that none of them lived outside Ohio.

Martin O'Malley was similar to a cult leader in many ways, but having a cult was not one of them.

i'm not in a cult and there is no bernie cult but there is a hillary cult (check my facebook!) and also there are cults for everyone except Jeb so actually being in a cult is perfectly cool and fine

- not a cult member

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

i'm not in a cult and there is no bernie cult but there is a hillary cult (check my facebook!) and also there are cults for everyone except Jeb so actually being in a cult is perfectly cool and fine

- not a cult member

You need a nap

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

this cult argument is pretty stupid even by this thread's standards

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Alter Ego posted:

I'd like to think Keith Ellison isn't so weak-willed that he'd willingly sell a policy he doesn't believe in. Maybe you feel differently.

If all this means is that Ellison books the TV appearances instead of Perez, I'm OK with that. Perez is Real Bad on TV.

the fact that they even realize perez is a horrible public speaker is a minor improvement

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

UHD posted:

and yet brilliant by hillary campaign standards

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Condiv posted:

there were a lot of people that were "this is not acceptable but i have to vote the lesser evil" that still voted the party 100% of the time. they're not included in his definition of a base, only the people who are ok with everything the dems are doing.

:wrong:

people that vote for a party 100% of the time are it's base regardless if they have disagreements about some of a party's policies

what you're thinking of is a shill maybe?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

- not a cult member

when the gently caress did I say that first part :confused:

My stance on this issue is completely internally consistent, you just have a mental block against the idea of people being enthusiastic about politicians for some reason

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

UHD posted:

Yeah, I instigated it and after the last couple pages, even I want to join an apocalyptic death cult and chug some punch.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Condiv posted:

and yet brilliant by hillary campaign standards

not exactly a high bar to clear

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

unbutthurtable posted:

Yeah, I instigated it and after the last couple pages, even I want to join an apocalyptic death cult and chug some punch.

welcome friend

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's my fault for engaging Former Everything on a topic, sorry all, will do better next time :negative:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

unbutthurtable posted:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

loquacius posted:

when the gently caress did I say that first part :confused:

My stance on this issue is completely internally consistent, you just have a mental block against the idea of people being enthusiastic about politicians for some reason

His entire posting gimmick for the last 24 hours has been to lop off half of what's been said then hyper-focus on what was left.

Like obdicut, but with meltdowns instead of monotony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shear Modulus posted:

https://twitter.com/StarTribune/status/836030340988719104

Lmao Democrats won't give Ellison any power but they sure do like him as a mascot.

this is really all that anyone wanted anyways

• Locked thread