Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Where's that Chick Tract moon god image when you need it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Spicer is gonna get golgo 13'd

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the Eisenhower speech about the military industrial complex, except about Sinistar

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

it always pisses me off when people use "health insurance" and "health care" interchangeably. fucvk

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Schnorkles posted:

Actually it will destroy Arizona's economy

but lmao who cares

maybe destroying arizona's economy will create more jobs?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

or listen to this whatevs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5kD_a2seLM

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
If Jeb was president he'd have day one outlawed ketchup and replaced it all with sriracha

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
That Seal knew what he was getting into...

You go around dressed like that...I mean you're just asking for Seal death and civilian casualties! :shrug:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Sean Spicer to April: "Nice try!"

Lol

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

That Seal knew what he was getting into...

You go around dressed like that...I mean you're just asking for Seal death and civilian casualties! :shrug:

literally 100% chance he would have dug the bullet out of the girls spine at the neck vertebrae to cover up his killing her

just sayin

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

What does that even pay for?

I recognize that number. I think that's the number sought by Repubs to offset the sequestration, I could be wrong but its awfully familiar...

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Do they play Kiss From A Rose at all Seal funerals? Because they should.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Is the NYT, CNN, etc still banned?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Augus posted:

maybe destroying arizona's economy will create more jobs?

*thinkingfaceemoji*

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Today's word of the day is "duplicative".

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Winkie01 posted:

Is the NYT, CNN, etc still banned?

That was only for the gaggle that Spicey held in his office last week. It doesn't apply to regular press briefings.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I like how the media has cucked Spicer into "two questions for each reporter" just being the norm now

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

As a sidenote, Warlord John "Skullking" McCain, first of his line, has declared that the amount of blood provided by such a feeble increase to the budget will not sate his eternal bloodlust.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

tadashi posted:

This is a great way to roll back decades of progress in developing nations.

lol foreign aid is like .1 percent of the budget or something, like we're talking millions here yeezus

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
We're committed to investigating if ROTC programs in HBCUs are running as they should.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

durrrdurrrrrrdurrrrr

https://mobile.twitter.com/CNN/status/836246503429636096

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Shageletic posted:

lol foreign aid is like .1 percent of the budget or something, like we're talking millions here yeezus

It's about 15b. (its more than this, I'm just eyeballing here)

https://twitter.com/bungdan/status/836294709047808001

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

Inkel posted:

That was only for the gaggle that Spicey held in his office last week. It doesn't apply to regular press briefings.

ahhh ok thanks.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

quote:

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
lol if we cut aid to Israel

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
We give Israel billions of dollars and we get assurance that the biblical apocolypse will come in return lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Xibanya posted:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Shageletic posted:

Looking into branching out and try my hand in AML maybe (currently working at a regulatory institution). Fun job, or the funnest?

It has its ups and downs. There's a level of vindictive enjoyment in knowing some shitbird is smugly thinking they're pulling a fast one but getting shat on by you and the financial panopticon at your fingertips. On the other hand there's a lot of automatic logic that sends garbage up for review, which you need to spend time on. Basically if you like clowning on people who think they're slick then by all means it's fun. If you don't like spreadsheets and occasional tedium then I'd say cool your jets. Given you work at a regulatory institution spreadsheets and tedium might be your wheelhouse.

HOWEVER, with Dodd-Frank having its days numbered I would say the market for jobs is probably going to cool off. A lot of FIs have been hiring like crazy to make up for shortfalls that got identified in the last few years worth of audits, but with regs being almost certainly relaxed I am assuming that hiring will slow down, at least with domestically-owned institutions. Places that also have to adhere to international regs (e.g. places that also operate under EU jurisdiction) are probably less likely to slow down hiring but who knows how the EU will look in a couple years. There's some resistance to telecommuting and remote work but it's coming around. Don't expect to be able to work 100% remotely any time soon, though. Most places will expect some time in the office on a weekly basis.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/836293905079488514

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Xibanya posted:

That would be amazing, and plausible if Bannon's going all-in with the already overt antisemitism.

On the other hand, holy moley what the hell are we planning to do if we're abandoning Israel of all nations?

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

This seems like the "consult my very good brain" policy's logical outcome.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Schnorkles posted:

It's about 15b. (its more than this, I'm just eyeballing here)

https://twitter.com/bungdan/status/836294709047808001

What's Tanzania ever done for us? That's money that could be going towards the president's travel expenses.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/SpudB1throwback/status/836236612098981888

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

"how does the president plan on paying for this"
"I dont loving know, ask later?"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Healthcare am hard.

*grunts*

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

Office Pig posted:

That would be amazing, and plausible if Bannon's going all-in with the already overt antisemitism.

On the other hand, holy moley what the hell are we planning to do if we're abandoning Israel of all nations?

"Bannon isn't antisemitic! Breitbart has an office in Israel and Ben Shapiro said he didn't leave Breitbart due to anti-semitism!" - :qq: a person I know IRL

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

need money build boat to throw big rocks. biggest rocks! destroy enemies with big rocks!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Xibanya posted:

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

The Nastier Nate posted:

What's Tanzania ever done for us? That's money that could be going towards the president's travel expenses.

We expect Tanzania to contribute 2% GDP to NATO defense as a signatory against Congolese aggression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Without Israel who will we give billions of dollars to for getting people who criticize Israel fired from the press?

• Locked thread