Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

Says the guy who had a meltdown and ragequit the goon server, and REEEEEed in Discord for hours all because someone came and knocked down his t1 pillars :smuggo:

Yea ok. Most of the goons I was/am playing with were planning on moving to officials when they came up. No matter what happened on your server.

We used your server to dick around and to learn the building mechanics. I warned you that destroying goon forts will make people leave. Now look, its dead except for the two players you kicked from your in-game clan for playing too much.

Lol just lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
This discussion about playing the game like a Korean MMO grinder makes me kind of hope they do away with the leveling system and maybe implement a component system similar to what Rust has now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

This thread is bad because it's making me side with Snatch Duster.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Inzombiac posted:

This thread is bad because it's making me side with Snatch Duster.

I just feel like in a sandbox, people should just play the game how they want. I don't ever think there is a "wrong" way to play an open sandbox game so long as it's within the defined parameters of that sandbox.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

I dunno man, if you play in a sandbox in a way that causes all the people that are supposed to be your friends to up and leave because you are behaving like an anti-social dick to not just pubies but them to I think you might be doing it wrong. I guess theres no accounting for taste though.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kimsemus posted:

I just feel like in a sandbox, people should just play the game how they want. I don't ever think there is a "wrong" way to play an open sandbox game so long as it's within the defined parameters of that sandbox.

Right. Also if you read my post you would also notice that I wasn't telling goons on how to play. But on what is the most efficient for PvP servers at the current state of the game.

There Is 1 server per 3 players, which means there are a ton of places you can play that fits your style. Just on official pvp you need to get the most valuable resource, experience, the fastest way possible. Because anything you create will be destroyed but your levels will remain.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 27, 2017

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Is this the part where you guys open mouth kiss

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

Is this the part where you guys open mouth kiss

God I hope so

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Kimsemus posted:

LOL "why won't you autists just let me kick over your sand castles! why won't anyone play with me?" gently caress off dude lol.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Is the combat in this game still poo poo and bad? I'm an old timey gamer and don't care much for this post minecraft build your own base poo poo that all you youts seem to be about these days, but I'm down to help out goons build things and raid pubbies nice things and smash/take them. However, with all the forrays i've made into this genre (Fo4, Ark,) they're all bad and annoying. Is this uhh... objectively better?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

TheTrend posted:

Is the combat in this game still poo poo and bad? I'm an old timey gamer and don't care much for this post minecraft build your own base poo poo that all you youts seem to be about these days, but I'm down to help out goons build things and raid pubbies nice things and smash/take them. However, with all the forrays i've made into this genre (Fo4, Ark,) they're all bad and annoying. Is this uhh... objectively better?

If you don't like open world survival games don't buy this. It's pretty good for one of those but it very much is still one of those.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gay Horney posted:

LOL "why won't you autists just let me kick over your sand castles! why won't anyone play with me?" gently caress off dude lol.

I suppose what I don't understand is that in a sandbox, you can do the same thing to me that I can do for you, but I don't get upset about it, because turnabout is fair play.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

It's just that you're a dick apparently and that's why no one wants to play with you it's not that hard and there isn't any nuance to it

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

How has anyone not figured out in 2017 yet that the only thing not allowed is goonfucking

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

How has anyone not figured out in 2017 yet that the only thing not allowed is goonfucking

except goonfucking is also cool and rad hth

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Nah.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

t.someone who has apparently been goonfucked a lot

just lmbo

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
:stonklol: TFW when aggrieved goons always call something goonfucking in open PVP games when they're playing in a completely separate group of goons and not coordinating with others.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

The best part of playing with goons is the icy realization from the gullible chode when he comes to grip with the fact that you aren't really friends and are about to gently caress him over. *Que O Fortuna as you level the 200 hour t1 masterpiece*

Why doesn't anyone play with me

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Glenn Quebec posted:

The best part of playing with goons is the icy realization from the gullible chode when he comes to grip with the fact that you aren't really friends and are about to gently caress him over. *Que O Fortuna as you level the 200 hour t1 masterpiece*

Why doesn't anyone play with me

This but unironically.

Protip: If you don't want to get hosed over dont built shitshacks and/or be a dumby dumb.

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

:stonklol: TFW when aggrieved goons always call something goonfucking in open PVP games when they're playing in a completely separate group of goons and not coordinating with others.

Dude, you went bat poo poo in the Arch Age thread and claimed there was a Conspiracy of Goons™ trying to keep you out of Star Citizen. A fake video game which you wasted far, far too much money on. You really dont have a lot of room to talk here.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Has there been the slightest whiff of a word about increasing the offical server player cap and clan size?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Taylor Swift posted:

This but unironically.

Protip: If you don't want to get hosed over join BMW

fix't :wooper:

CoffeeBooze posted:

Dude, you went bat poo poo in the Arch Age thread and claimed there was a Conspiracy of Goons™ trying to keep you out of Star Citizen. A fake video game which you wasted far, far too much money on. You really dont have a lot of room to talk here.

TBH spending money to cover my fake video game house with a bunch of art was kind of worth it

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Porkface posted:

Has there been the slightest whiff of a word about increasing the offical server player cap and clan size?

Player cap will get increased when they think the servers are stable enough to support it. No word on clan size tho.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I have my own server for my real friends and I to be pals and build our autismal palaces and enslaved only shirtless ladies but I also go onto other servers and make the most ugly retard idiot who has nothing but strength, health and stamina. I run around full idiot retard and attack anyone and anything.

My base always consists of like dozens of torches and camp sites that I get burning to a high intensity and I stand in the circle spamming them chat with "REEEEEEEEE" and fight anyone who comes into my fire circle

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Maybe if you don't want to play by yourself and yet are always alone...it is you who are the problem?

Anyway, is there any point to fences? I keep building them because I am afraid of crocodiles climbing up to my Island of Cowardice but I have no idea if they impede mobs or what.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Taylor Swift posted:

This but unironically.

Protip: If you don't want to get hosed over dont built shitshacks and/or be a dumby dumb.

Naw there's zero protection in conan. Anything and everything can be destroyed rather easily. That's why I advise people to not build anything but some t1 stairs to the top of a huge mesa and plop down crafting stations. Shrines and thrall pits can go right next to NPC camps because they either are invincible or take a crap ton of explosive jars.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Fences are cool and good for when you want to build an alarmingly high skywalk but the server still rubberbands from time to time.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

TheTrend posted:

There's no charge attacks or magic or anything yet so really it's more left click attack right click block. It's serviceable and I don't hate it but it is a means to an end and not something I particularly love about the game

Vvvv I should have said no special attacks, you can charge and do a big attack but that's really it

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Feb 27, 2017

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Gay Horney posted:

There's no charge attacks or magic or anything yet so really it's more left click attack right click block. It's serviceable and I don't hate it but it is a means to an end and not something I particularly love about the game

almost every weapon except the basic sword has a charge/power/alternate attack.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
I had my first real experience with getting hosed up from the ground up and on 3x it's really not bad since you keep your level and can relocate/rebuild pretty drat quick. So I was a little salty for a minute but got over it. It taught me how to not build to be vulnerable to just a few jars. But gently caress that on 1x gathering.

Also someone on the server I'm dinking around with atm is named Taylor Swift so if that's you hey

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Filipino Freakout posted:

Also someone on the server I'm dinking around with atm is named Taylor Swift so if that's you hey

:ohdear:

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Filipino Freakout posted:

Nope, not me, but kill them for using our God Queens name in vain.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

How entertaining is this game compared to this thread?

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

SlothBear posted:

How entertaining is this game compared to this thread?

Either not nearly, or way more, depending on how you look at it.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

hi everyone please like me

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I regret buying this game because it has the problem that all survival games have: whoever spends the most time playing can run the whole server. It's not even about pvp skill, it's just about offline attacking every base you see so no one can get a foothold and a base with a design you saw on youtube.

The Conan theme is great and all, the gods and slaves are kind of cool but there isn't really enough to make it different or overcome the survival game issues. It's also really nice that the focus is more towards melee than ranged combat than games like Rust. Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix the universal balance issues, though.

It does strike me as funny that the original plan for the goon server was have a two day locked server head start to level up and build up so the goon superiority against pubbies could never be challenged. And then the admins' clan locked their discord channel so other goons couldn't chat with them, constantly raided the other goon clans base at 6 AM for a few days and then wondered why no one wanted to play with them.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
It really does seem the only thing that matters is to level

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

I see a single EU server in the OP, is anyone actually playing there ? It's almost empty and I'm not sure I want to invest time into it if there are no goons around.

Where you EU guys are playing now ?

Cpl Clegg fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

CoffeeBooze posted:

Sensing a theme here. Also happy to have witnessed the first two.

• Locked thread