Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Slugworth posted:

Counterpoint, hitting a dog is never acceptable and does nothing to help train it. And if he hit it hard enough that it whined and ran away, it was not some minor little slap. I was unfortunately raised to slap dogs to train them, our dogs growing up were slapped, and not a single one responded that way. (And all obviously ended up poorly trained anyway).

If he's somehow incapable of out stretching his hand to gently keep the dog away from his suit, that's on him, not the dog. It's not some sort of complicated jujitsu.

He said he did it out of "panic and instinct", if the job was important enough and he was really up in his head about it I could see how he could have reacted without thinking about it. (tunnel vision, etc) This guy is probably not hitting the dog on a regular basis and I don't really get the impression that he thinks hitting dogs is okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Pick posted:

Honestly I'm with the dude on this one. Girlfriend was out of line, and though being badly trained isn't the dog's fault, it doesn't make the dog's behavior everyone else's responsibility either.

A made-to-measure suit starts at like $600, if hitting a badly-behaved dog spared something of mine worth $600 (plus extra value since it's pre-interview), you bet.
:same: In general if I say "hey don't do this specific thing" and your reaction is to do that specific thing, you will be lucky if the only thing I do is cut you out of my life. What the gently caress is the matter with people.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
An excited juvenile labrador retriever was probably already airborne before the hit. Blame the lady for getting the dog all excited and saying "Go get him"

The dog is in the clear and needs a better owner.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Slugworth posted:

Counterpoint, hitting a dog is never acceptable and does nothing to help train it. And if he hit it hard enough that it whined and ran away, it was not some minor little slap. I was unfortunately raised to slap dogs to train them, our dogs growing up were slapped, and not a single one responded that way. (And all obviously ended up poorly trained anyway).

If he's somehow incapable of out stretching his hand to gently keep the dog away from his suit, that's on him, not the dog. It's not some sort of complicated jujitsu.

If you can stop a charging Labrador with a gentle push I would like to know your kung-fu secrets.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
If a dog charges me, it's open game on the dog. My sister has a bulldog, and that rear end in a top hat runs up and gets snot and slobber all over my clothing. drat right he gets a swift kick when he charges.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Patrick Spens posted:

If you can stop a charging Labrador with a gentle push I would like to know your kung-fu secrets.

I stop rabid Tibetan Mastiffs with my will alone.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i will destroy any dog i see with a series of swift punches and judo throws

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
My girlfriend [34 F] has said some hurtful things to me [39 M] during sex NSFW[

quote:

I will try to keep it short.

I've been dating my girlfriend for four months and things have gone from great to bad. I want to share two specific instances that have hurt me.

We were starting to have sex the other night, and when she was taking off her panties, I playfully said "Oh, you're taking those off now." She responded with, "I only do it for VIPs... you got the last ticket. You'd better use it before it goes away." I was taken aback by this, and it triggered some insecurity. We didn't continue with sex, mainly because I was confused by the statement.

Two nights later we were arguing a little, nothing serious. I suggested we have make-up sex. As we began to have sex, I said "do you like that?". She said "YES. I guess it just takes a cock. But I love yours". Again, I was taken aback by this statement.
Since we were already having sex, I didn't stop. Afterwords, I asked her why she said it. She denied saying it, and said I misheard/misinterpreted her.

I feel like these statements have some significant meaning. I know it seems obvious, what that meaning is. But I am here to get some good input about this situation, since I am obviously seeing this from my own perspective.

Thanks

tl;dr: Girlfriend said hurtful things during sex. I don't want to overreact.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Anything other than jiu-jitsu, which as Slugworth mentioned, is not good for stopping dogs. Lately I've been using capoeira to great effect.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

omfg :laffo: this loving prude can't handle a little dirty talk

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
barking back at a dog and generally being imposing usually stops goofy rear end dogs

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever

food court bailiff posted:

Anything other than jiu-jitsu, which as Slugworth mentioned, is not good for stopping dogs. Lately I've been using capoeira to great effect.

Nuke the dog from orbit...it's the only way to be sure.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

These are the types of men woman have to put up with these days? They have my pity. Dude is way too old for that.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Patrick Spens posted:

I dunno, my dog is a lab mix who likes to randomly charge at me, and I deflect him just fine with a shove. Then a quick command to sit and he's fine.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Cthulu Carl posted:

I dunno, my dog is a lab mix who likes to randomly charge at me, and I deflect him just fine with a shove. Then a quick command to sit and he's fine.

yes, your dog has been trained

this dog has not

Leon Einstein posted:

These are the types of men woman have to put up with these days? They have my pity. Dude is way too old for that.

lol, seriously

i hope this lady dumps this clown before he ruins dirty talk for her

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Mirthless posted:

yes, your dog has been trained

this dog has not

Even when he wasn't, I'd just have to keep pushing him aside as he ran at me until he settled down.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I let my dogs tackle and playfully bite me. They're trained to not do that to other people though sooo....

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Cthulu Carl posted:

this is the same situation as a poorly trained dog literally being egged on by its owner, in your mind, because....?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Patrick Spens posted:

I stop by my parents every morning to take care of my mother, and have to stop a charging poorly trained (the most poorly trained ever maybe??) lab every day. You gently push them back. It is indeed quite easy to keep a rambunctious dog away from your person gently.

The secret, I suppose, is to not act out of 'fear and instinct' when a friendly dog is charging towards you?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

food court bailiff posted:

True, capoeira is very strong against dogs, but in a new suit? You don't see the problem there?? :cmon:

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I come home and suplex my dog every day

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Slugworth posted:

I stop by my parents every morning to take care of my mother, and have to stop a charging poorly trained (the most poorly trained ever maybe??) lab every day. You gently push them back. It is indeed quite easy to keep a rambunctious dog away from your person gently.

The secret, I suppose, is to not act out of 'fear and instinct' when a friendly dog is charging towards you?

Fear and instinct, two things that are extremely easy to control when you are about to head out to an important interview while wearing a brand new suit, and a dog that you requested be put outside for half a minute comes charging and leaps at you.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I come home and suplex my dog every day

What a jabroni, I give mine a Stone Cold Stunner.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

zakharov posted:

Put him in the camel clutch and make him humble like old country way.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

zakharov posted:

smh if you don't give your dog the tombstone.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I feel like we've discussed wrestling a dog in this thread before

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Lone Goat posted:

I've gone on the record to support wrestling a sibling, but I am against wrestling any animals that are not in your weight class.

OK I found it.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I wrestled my friends German Shepherd pup once because it was excitable and they hadnt bothered training it to not jump all over people

it was fun. wrestle big pups every day

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Fullhouse posted:

I wrestled my friends German Shepherd pup once because it was excitable and they hadnt bothered training it to not jump all over people

it was fun. wrestle big pups every day

dog wrasslin is good times but do not train your dog to surprise wrassle unsuspecting third parties, or if you want to do that quit pussyfooting around, get a doberman and teach it 'kill'

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

I Was The Fury posted:

Fear and instinct, two things that are extremely easy to control when you are about to head out to an important interview while wearing a brand new suit, and a dog that you requested be put outside for half a minute comes charging and leaps at you.
For the record, I'm not defending the idiot woman who sicced her dog on the guy. It was a remarkably easily avoided situation.

But he hit a dog hard enough to make it 'go down and start whimpering' which I promise isn't what a rambunctious large dog does when lightly slapped.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I Was The Fury posted:

lol, just lol if you're not a cold, unfeeling automaton who can perfectly regulate your emotions the same way you regulate the richness of your fuel mixture

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Slugworth posted:

He's not trying to train the dog, he's trying to get the dog to not get on his suit, and this is the only way to do so. There was no non-violent option.

If a kid came at me while I was wearing a $600 dress on my way to a wedding, holding a paintbrush, and the dad said "Go get her!" I might very well slap that kid to get him away as a last resort and not feel bad about it at all. I wouldn't blame the kid but that doesn't mean their owner's plan gets to move forward.

Pick fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Feb 27, 2017

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
If the dog went down and started whimpering then that dude must have smacked the poo poo out of it. gently caress you, have a lint roller in your car if you rock suits.

Also a tailored Joseph A. Bank suit would have cost a lot less and gotten 99% of the job done.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

TheScott2K posted:

If the dog went down and started whimpering then that dude must have smacked the poo poo out of it. gently caress you, have a lint roller in your car if you rock suits.

i have seen a dog whimper because i did not give it a hot dog, it wasn't a sure sign of abuse

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

every time a goon starts monday morning quarterbacking someone else's panicked flailing with the superior parry they would totally deploy in that situation, this is the voice I hear https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuDz-ibWJWM

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
On the plus side I doubt the dog will be trying that again.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

TheScott2K posted:

Also a tailored Joseph A. Bank suit would have cost a lot less and gotten 99% of the job done.

now this is an offensive opinion

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Pick posted:

He's not trying to train the dog, he's trying to get the dog to not get on his suit, and this is the only way to do so. There was no non-violent option.

If a kid came at me while I was wearing a $600 dress on my way to a wedding, holding a paintbrush, and the dad said "Go get her!" I might very well slap that kid to get him away as a last resort and not feel bad about it at all. I wouldn't blame the kid but that doesn't mean their owner's plan gets to move forward.
I mean, I guess we'll agree to disagree, because I definitely wouldn't slap a small child that I, as an adult, should be capable of otherwise handling?

Like, the idea that you can't non-violently keep something smaller than you away from yourself is just strange to me. But anyways, I've derailed the thread enough.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Y'all acting like the dog isn't trained, seemed to obey that command pretty well.

fruit on the bottom posted:

On the plus side I doubt the dog will be trying that again.

Well yeah, never seeing the guy again will make that happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

How long should I wait...?

quote:

I'm 24 (M) she's 22 (F).
I've been with my fiance for over 4 and a half years.
I've cheated on her about 4 times in the past, 2 of them were sexual/ emotional that I slept with for an extended amount of time.
The most resent time (3 months ago) was with someone she knew and hung out with that was married with kids of her own.
Everytime I mention something related to the situation on accident she goes off and won't let it go.
I'm tired of reliving it. I know I messed up but she just won't let it go. It doesnt help that we're in an long distance relationship. I love her but she I feel like she keeps beating a dead horse when she brings keeps bringing it up!
How long should I wait for her to get over it?
TL;DR I've cheated multiple times and my fiance keeps bringing it up/ wont let it go.

Ugh GUYS, she won't get OVER it!