Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012
This is how Republicans are reacting to Trump:

"HR 637" posted:

“(2) EXCLUSION.—The term ‘air pollutant’ does not include carbon dioxide, water vapor, methane, nitrous oxide, hydrofluorocarbons, perfluorocarbons, or sulfur hexafluoride.”.

(2) NO REGULATION OF CLIMATE CHANGE.—Notwithstanding any other provision of law, nothing in any of the following Acts or any other law authorizes or requires the regulation of climate change or global warming:

(A) The Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. 7401 et seq.).

(B) The Federal Water Pollution Control Act (33 U.S.C. 1251 et seq.).

(C) The National Environmental Policy Act of 1969 (42 U.S.C. 4321 et seq.).

(D) The Endangered Species Act of 1973 (16 U.S.C. 1531 et seq.).

(E) The Solid Waste Disposal Act (42 U.S.C. 6901 et seq.).

(b) Effect On Final Rules Of The EPA.—In accordance with this section, the following final rules (or any similar or successor rules) of the Environmental Protection Agency shall be void and have no force or effect:

(1) The final rule entitled “Oil and Natural Gas Sector: Emission Standards for New, Reconstructed, and Modified Sources” (published at 81 Fed. Reg. 35823 (June 3, 2016)).

(2) The final rule entitled “Carbon Pollution Emission Guidelines for Existing Stationary Sources: Electric Utility Generating Units” (published at 80 Fed. Reg. 64661 (October 23, 2015)).

SEC. 4. JOBS ANALYSIS FOR ALL EPA REGULATIONS.

(a) In General.—Before proposing or finalizing any regulation, rule, or policy, the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency shall provide an analysis of the regulation, rule, or policy and describe the direct and indirect net and gross impact of the regulation, rule, or policy on employment in the United States.

(b) Limitation.—No regulation, rule, or policy described in subsection (a) shall take effect if the regulation, rule, or policy has a negative impact on employment in the United States unless the regulation, rule, or policy is approved by Congress and signed by the President.

They're perfectly happy with him and have no reason whatsoever to get rid of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

HorseRenoir posted:

Every president will have ride or die supporters, even Nixon's floor was around 40% during Watergate. All the fuss about Trump diehards is mostly coming from liberals who are continually surprised that stupid people exist

Trump won because of low Dem turnout (who are now energized against him) and support from independents (who are now turning on him). There is no massive silent majority of Trumper shitheads protecting him.

Yup, the true deplorables are a loud but tiny minority, akin to the ron paul fanatics of 2008. if you think trump is in a strong position but can't explain why flynn was given the boot then you need to reevaluate your premises.

here's another riddle for you: if trump is so strong why doesn't he just force the fbi, cia, etc end their investigation into the russia connections? they ultimately fall under the executive branch and everyone in power thinks russia is the tits now, so why degrade himself with angry tweets when he could just make it all go away? you know our BFF putin would never allow his own intelligence agents to investigate him, i guess donald is just a really strong believer in rule of law and avoiding conflict of interest!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

eNeMeE posted:

This is how Republicans are reacting to Trump:

They're perfectly happy with him and have no reason whatsoever to get rid of him.

Exactly. We have no allies on the right right now, nor will we for the near future if ever again. Every one of them are jackals that need a kicking, and their supporters and everybody with a positive view of them or Trump deserve the same.

Don't be fooled with this fake or passing concerns about whatever Trump does. There's a reason he and the rest of the GOP are ignoring them, it's because they'll vote for them no matter what. These are the same people who called bipartsan bank-loving centrist Dem Obama a super liberal Muslim Kenyan destroyer of America and bringer of darkness and antichrist

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Epic High Five posted:

Exactly. We have no allies on the right right now, nor will we for the near future if ever again. Every one of them are jackals that need a kicking, and their supporters and everybody with a positive view of them or Trump deserve the same.

Don't be fooled with this fake or passing concerns about whatever Trump does. There's a reason he and the rest of the GOP are ignoring them, it's because they'll vote for them no matter what. These are the same people who called bipartsan bank-loving centrist Dem Obama a super liberal Muslim Kenyan destroyer of America and bringer of darkness and antichrist

do you enjoy alex jones as well? his rhetoric has a pure robust child like quality, if the child in question was a crackhead child soldier with mein kampf in one hand and moonshine in the other

anyway, i apologize for the tangent, back to the point, no, my party, and its constituents, will not help you leftists, stop eating each other, and learn some manner of party loyalty

or garbage like this will most certainly continue to occur

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

if you think trump is in a strong position but can't explain why flynn was given the boot then you need to reevaluate your premises.

here's another riddle for you: if trump is so strong why doesn't he just force the fbi, cia, etc end their investigation into the russia connections? they ultimately fall under the executive branch and everyone in power thinks russia is the tits now, so why degrade himself with angry tweets when he could just make it all go away? you know our BFF putin would never allow his own intelligence agents to investigate him, i guess donald is just a really strong believer in rule of law and avoiding conflict of interest!

do you remember at the end of interstellar when they were flying around the black hole and matty macconnahey needed to launch himself and most of the ship into it so that the lady could get to the good planet?

flynn is matt and trump is anne hathaway, hth

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
Why are people saying the GOP likes Trump? They like a Republican appointing SCOTUS justices and nothing more. Trump is just as much of a disgrace to the Republican Party as he is to the country.

5 out of 6 living GOP presidential nominees didn't endorse him and told people not to vote for him. This is something that actually happened before the election.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

breaklaw posted:

Why are people saying the GOP likes Trump? They like a Republican appointing SCOTUS justices and nothing more. Trump is just as much of a disgrace to the Republican Party as he is to the country.

5 out of 6 living GOP presidential nominees didn't endorse him and told people not to vote for him. This is something that actually happened before the election.

the thread nihilists prefer cool and edgy hyperbole, don't mind them

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

breaklaw posted:

He's got an 80%+ approval rating among Republicans

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Epic High Five posted:

He's got an 80%+ approval rating among Republicans

Got a source on that?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

Got a source on that?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/25/cpac-straw-poll-shows-conservatives-with-trump-think-hes-realigning-movement.html

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/polls/ppp-d-27155

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Reminder white America & Trump would have lost their collective poo poo if an Indian man had killed a white man in Kansas.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/wesleylowery/status/836208859362504704

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Nonsense posted:

Reminder white America & Trump would have lost their collective poo poo if an Indian man had killed a white man in Kansas.

The last time indians killed white people in Kansas it ended up going badly for them, historically. :v:

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
The only moral Mexican is my Mexican :ese:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The first is a CPAC straw poll. The second doesn't crosstab or define its likely party questions, meaning it's got people who are identifying as non-Republican who are, in fact, Republicans.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/Envirosaver3/status/836270865432068098

https://twitter.com/1joi3/status/832950069796171776

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Envirosaver3 the single-issue voter (abortion)

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Discendo Vox posted:

The first is a CPAC straw poll. The second doesn't crosstab or define its likely party questions, meaning it's got people who are identifying as non-Republican who are, in fact, Republicans.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Lmao if you actually believe a supermajority of Republicans aren't 100% on board with Trump

Just lmao

You think these people are guided by ethical concerns or have any standards that they apply to both Dems and Reps?

Trumps lovely polling is a result of 95% of non republicans hating him. The modern GOP has never been a part of anything good and they sure as hell aren't starting now

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Lmao if you actually believe a supermajority of Republicans aren't 100% on board with Trump

Just lmao

You think these people are guided by ethical concerns or have any standards that they apply to both Dems and Reps?

Trumps lovely polling is a result of 95% of non republicans hating him. The modern GOP has never been a part of anything good and they sure as hell aren't starting now

All of the screaming on Twitter has taught me one thing: whatever good will or charity that the modern Republican voter had is now gone, and nobody will mourn them if they die. Because at this point, they would do the same to us, and they're far too stupid to save themselves.

I would feel bad about feeling this way, but gently caress them. They vote for Trump, and now they get to pay. The nation is better off without those loving idiots.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Epic High Five posted:

Just lmao

well, i never said anyone should look to the right to carry anyone out of this mess,
this election proved that this is a zero sum game, and looking to the right is a useless tactic

i just found the recent Fox News polls to be an interesting shift from the norm

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
"Despit eall my rage I'm still just a rat in a cage"- Kirk Cobain

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

All of the screaming on Twitter has taught me one thing: whatever good will or charity that the modern Republican voter had is now gone, and nobody will mourn them if they die. Because at this point, they would do the same to us, and they're far too stupid to save themselves.

I would feel bad about feeling this way, but gently caress them. They vote for Trump, and now they get to pay. The nation is better off without those loving idiots.

kill all coal miners

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Gringostar posted:

kill all coal miners

trump is already working on that by fouling up their drinking water

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

Yeah, you really don't need to do anything at this point. The stupidity manages itself.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

And loving up their air. And removing their health care.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Asimo posted:

And loving up their air. And removing their health care.

good

i lust for midwesterner death

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Also working to repeal requirements that coal companies cover black lung

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Gringostar posted:

kill all coal miners

Please be patient we're still working on killing all the dodos, woolly mammoths, and trilobites

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Where should I post Michael Tracey tweets

Is there a thread for contrarians where we just post him and slate pieces

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

zeal posted:

we all deserve death

and we will have it
:yeah:
:hellyeah:
:drat:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Badger of Basra posted:

Where should I post Michael Tracey tweets

Is there a thread for contrarians where we just post him and slate pieces

https://forums.somethingawful.com/account.php?action=logout&ma=9b716eeb

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

So should I post the one where he says antisemitism isn't real

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Where the gently caress has this moron been since forever?

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

SocketWrench posted:

Where the gently caress has this moron been since forever?

It's not "real". Click through and you'll see it's a gimmick account created to post nothing but Trump regrets. I highly doubt it represents the views of an actual Trump voter, this doesn't really read as sincere to me:

https://twitter.com/CrossSamson/status/807618193959374849

Most of the tweets in this thread are coming from similar places.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Nonsense posted:

ifwhiteamericatoldthetruthforonedayit'sworldwouldfallapart

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/AlexBC997/status/825490131247255552

https://twitter.com/dennispmcginn/status/825571043863564288

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

i feel gross for laughing at these