Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
New White Dwarf leaks are showing individual BoP squads are being released March 18th.

Really running out of excuses to sell some vital organs and start that Talons army now.

God help me if the FW store has any of those Custodes Axe dudes in stock when I go because that'll just be the kicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Yeah, even the Iron Warriors dude I played against recently made a point to only take one quad mortar in our 1500 point game. He said he liked making friends so he left the second at home most of the time.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I can't really tell from the photos, is a sicaran switchable between the vanilla and venator bersion?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I can't really tell from the photos, is a sicaran switchable between the vanilla and venator bersion?

No, the venator hull is different because the laser is built in.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I have yet to play against an rear end in a top hat
:confused::confused::confused:

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Not really, no. It might be possible with HEAVY modification, but it probably wouldn't be worth it. They share the treads/sides, the back/reactor, and maybe the glacis plate, but they have two very different top plates and weapons.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

ijyt posted:

Grudge match, nice. Those Word Bearers got absolutely destroyed though - I think pods or rhinos for the vets should have been in the list.

Cant run Zardu Layak like that - he needs to be hidden in the backfield summoning demons.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

SRM posted:

That's just a regular Catachan head, the stock Guilliman head is larger but like double the size or anything. I used the Catachan head to practice the 'Eavy Metal face painting guide before I used it on the real thing:

Oh thank god.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Ghazk posted:

Joined the killed-a-mastadon club tonight. Laser vindicators never let me down.

those have some sick-rear end paint jobs man. Nicely done.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Carl with the vaunted hat trick.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

panascope posted:

Carl with the vaunted hat trick.

That was some impressively bad posting. Makes me wanna spend $70 on some mouse pads.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Officer, I would like to report a Hit-and-Tuttle

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ghost Hand posted:

Cant run Zardu Layak like that - he needs to be hidden in the backfield summoning demons.

Is there a way to run word bearers with drop pods while using zardu? It's a great model so I'd want to get it either way but I have no idea what tricks word bearers get.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

BULBASAUR posted:

Officer, I would like to report a Hit-and-Tuttle

:vince:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

ijyt posted:

Is there a way to run word bearers with drop pods while using zardu? It's a great model so I'd want to get it either way but I have no idea what tricks word bearers get.

I think the new RoW that makes Gal Vorbak troops unlocks drop pods for a lot of stuff. Try that.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hencoe posted:

I think the new RoW that makes Gal Vorbak troops unlocks drop pods for a lot of stuff. Try that.

Yeah it does. Every infantry squad that can take a Rhino can take a Drop Pod or Anvillus Dreadclaw instead.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Hencoe posted:

So I am getting my wifes Night Lords commission painted and her list is drop pod heavy. Turns out one of the potential painters (a friend of mine) would rather paint drop pods unassembled. So I am sitting on 5 drop pods that I bought used and assembled which maybe I will now use with my Word Bearers army and give this a try. I hadn't really considered it until now!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Zardu is either someone you stick into a squad of Gal Vorbak to buff them, or someone you sit in the backfield

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Looks like people are getting their copies of Inferno now, please forgive the 4chan formatting:

quote:

To recap things wot Inferno fluff tells us that I have read so far:
>The Librarius was mostly the work of the Blood Angels, not the Thousand Sons; the TS bandwagoned it because it meant they could hide in plain sight.
>The flesh-change began at the conquest of Bezant, which was a TS vs enemy psyker army mirror fight. One TS went spawn and got put down, the pre-Magnus TS commanders all agreed not to tell anyone of it in case they got disbanded.
>The only thing Dorn and Pertuarbo could bring themselves to agree with each other on was that psykers were poo poo.
>85% of The Outcast Dead and Lone Wolf just got retconned
>Horus' message to Russ was carried by a SoH commander, who brought with him his company and some Legion Mortis engines.
>Valdor was not happy with Russ for wanting to kill not capture, and argued with him about it the entire time they were supplying. Valdor didn't get anywhere because Russ outranked him.
>Valdor had brought remembrancers with him, Russ sent them away
>Magnus really did keep everyone in the dark, the people of Prospero were completely taken by surprise
>Russ finally agreed to issue a demand for surrender before he pushed the button marked launch de missiles, he waited for an hour but got no response. Valdor again tried to get him to change his mind about killing Magnus, Russ didn't go for it.

quote:

The writ of Censure (reproduced in the book) names Russ as the one charged with carrying out the Emperor's orders in the matter of the Magnus, and gives him a total free hand.
(It does however, say Magnus is to be returned to stand before the Throne and answer for his actions.)
The body of the text says that it was considered at large that only a Primarch could stand in authority over another Primarch, but Malcador put Valdor in charge of the Terran contingent because he thought Val had enough perceived respect and authority to maybe challenge that notion.
Russ was having none of it.

quote:

I just read a bit where Russ uses civilian panic to mask his personal assault on a fortress gate that gets all the civvies killed, and then the text reproduces that same event in the SW saga version which makes him sound like a badass hero.

FW quite blatantly know what they're doing here.

The narrator says civilians were blocking access to the gate of the main Spireguard fortress wanting to be let in and the soldiers didn't know what to do and were panicking.
Then he says Russ arrived and attacked the gate personally.
Then he reproduces the SW saga version that describes Russ opening the gates, surveying the carnage and judging it good.
Then it cuts back to the narrator describing the Spireguard freaking out and opening fire and the surviving civilians being cut down.

So, it goes to careful lengths to not specifically say that Russ just rushed a gate under cover of the soldiers not wanting to fire on their own people, crushed or battered to death a load of civvies and ripped the gate open - but that's clearly what he did.
Because the Imperial narrator doesn't want to say that, he uses the SW version, which makes it sound like some mythic event.

quote:

>Spireguard suck, though have an elite unit called Spireguard Templars who have power axes
>SW are *not* murdering indiscriminately (as long as you don't consider the original intent being to glass the planet I suppose), they let unarmed civvies run off
>A random Imperial Army regt. puts up the best resistance to the SW before the TS arrive
>The Order of the blind wear crimson and lapis blue. That shade of blue is the future TS blue.
>Tizca has some kind of mini-Webway or something similar
>Russ' original plan is terrible and fails immediately when the TS actually fight back. Valdor defies Russ' orders and comes up with his own plan, which turns the tide back against the TS.
>Custodes have their own fighter plane called an Equinox.
>Valdor still continues asking people to surrender even in the midst of the battle.
>The TS sacrifice thralls and mind-rape prisoners to gain an intelligence advantage, they also 'mind-slave' some militia to fight on
>Russ eventually authorises the use of Destroyer weapons and orders no stone, woman, or child is to be spared
>The Sons of Horus contingent spends the battle wandering the streets kidnapping powerful civilian psykers, murdering ones who aren't of use.
>Legio Mortis get their poo poo pushed in by the Zhao-Akkad
>The Jarl of Eleven is the only Terran commander left in the SW, Eleven has a lot of Terrans in it.
>One of the TS force sword cult guys actually manages to wound Valdor

Lol Wolves

E: oh god there's more

quote:

>The later stage of the battle is basically the events of ATS
>A warp storm appears on the surface, it bends space, time and probabilty.
>For example, some witness reports mention officers in action who died earlier that day.
>The narrator uses a statement made by a senior Sister as his basis of the Russ/Magnus fight, as everyone non-blank saw fantastical things
>Everyone on the TS side inside the warp storm teleports out, including the Spireguard and civilians, not just the TS
>The Imperium can't understand how that many people can teleport out-system at once and theorise that, if you sacrificed everyone else, the life energy would be enough to power the teleport of one man (ie Ahriman).
>So there's this theory that Ahriman is the only actual living Thousand Son and literally everyone else are like, warp ghost creations of Tzeentch that he uses as part of his plan for Ahriman. Or something.
>The numbers of confirmed TS survivors don't match the (greater) number of TS seen in the Heresy
>Not all the TS get teleported off. There were two holdout bastions:
>one went underground (but almost certainly all died, as the SW went after them),
>the other stole 3 non-warp spaceships and ran the Imperial blockade. One ship got shot down, the other 2 (filled with TS, Spireguard and civilians) vanished from Imperial record.
>The Sons of Horus contingent murdered the now-surrendering human forces.
>Then the Censure Host glassed the planet again.

>Imperial politics was put in upheaval by the Burning of Prospero, as exactly what the XV did to get erased wasn't clear
>Some used it to say Horus was being undermined
>Several of the Legions made close political and military alliances with each other in fear of what happened to the XVth happening to them and agreed to back each other up
>It turns out the Space Wolves have a thing called the loving OMEGA CODEX which is How To Kill Space Marines by Leman Russ
>He gave a copy to Horus
>Everyone else found out
>Every other Legion petitioned to the Emperor that it be destroyed
>Except Curze, Alpharius and Ferrus, who wanted copies for themselves

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Feb 28, 2017

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lmao that last part, Space Wolves really are the dumbest awoooos. Also Blood Ravens origin story.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I've been kept too busy by life to continue reading my copy of Inferno, but loving lol now I need to see these bits myself.

e.:

quote:

>2nd primarch found (Ferrus a few years later)
>Given Legion command v.quickly
>Brought his Varagyr (or Varangii), which translates to Wolf Guard, everywhere, and allowed them to undergo Astartes transplantation even though they were adults
>A surprisingly large number made it. It was discovered SW geneseed, especially samples from Russ, bonded well with Fenrisians.
>Everyone liked Russ as he was charismatic but gave clear, do-not-gently caress-with-me orders
>He refers to his men as Wolves of Fenris, and so called the Legionaries the Wolves of Terra. Together, they would be called the Wolves That Stalk The Stars.
>The Terrans and the Fenrisians irritated each other at first, so Russ led them all into a fight as soon as he could so everyone could get to know each other better over some steaming hot corpses
>Holy poo poo it's the Wheel of Fire, that's a deep cut
>No seriously the Wheel of Fire campaign from 1st ed RT just rocked up. There's no Ork planet called Zit, though.
>Commander Enoch (hee hee) dies in the 5 year campaign
>In the interim the Emperor has built the Fang as a present
>It is notable for being so well-equipped and designed it essentially makes the Wolves almost totally self-sufficient, considered highly unusual.
>Given the chance to re-form Fenris into a civilised world, Russ declines and bends his will to keeping it hosed up so that it will essentially be the perfect machine to make Space Wolves
>There's a rumour that he actually brought in people from other feral worlds, brainwashed them to think they were from Fenris, and introduced them to the gene pool
>Russ used gene-tech to increase the lifespan etc of people chosen to staff the Fang
>He also sent out skjalds to influence Fenrisian culture into transposing the Emperor and the Wolves into their myths and legends ie the Allfather
>Some wagged their fingers at him as this was basically encouraging religion

This actually makes me like Russ more.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 28, 2017

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

I was chatting with some friends and I think everyone who bought Inferno should send an email to FW pointing out the numerous errors, mistakes in the pictures (car parks, tourists, etc). It disheartens me to see an £80 book being sold which has fundamental errors after being held back for years.

FW need to be told that it's absolutely unacceptable to expect people to swallow that. I'd want a corrected edition free of charge. Imagine if that was anything technical other than a game rulebook, you'd expect a replacement.

Hire a loving proofreader, Jesus Christ. I don't think I'm being too spergy here, it's crazy the amount they charge for a book with errors in it.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Lord Twisted posted:

mistakes in the pictures (car parks, tourists, etc)

Wait, what?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

I'm at work so I can't get the links but in the artwork of Tizca you have fat tourists in the middle of the battles, and car parks in the aerial shots due to dodgy photoshop. These were spotted on the first evening these were on sale... Not some obscure cross referencing error 60 pages apart that only a true sperglord would pick up on. Embarrassing.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Lord Twisted posted:

I'm at work so I can't get the links but in the artwork of Tizca you have fat tourists in the middle of the battles, and car parks in the aerial shots due to dodgy photoshop. These were spotted on the first evening these were on sale... Not some obscure cross referencing error 60 pages apart that only a true sperglord would pick up on. Embarrassing.

I wanna see these for myself, that sounds too ridiculous to be true.

quote:

>The only thing Dorn and Pertuarbo could bring themselves to agree with each other on was that psykers were poo poo.
Finally somebody gets it

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
uhhh tizca had a civilian population so you see it's actually accurate further they seemed close to becoming post-scarcity so of course they're fat and :barf:

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/blooper-is-present

That has some of them. I heard there are more but I don't have a physical copy to hunt through. Definitely is a car park apparently tho.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

SRM posted:

I wanna see these for myself, that sounds too ridiculous to be true.

Finally somebody gets it

Wait doesn't Angel exterminatus specifically say Pert got along well with Magnus and that he hated ampetheater he built at Nikea because it ended up being a witch hunt against Magnus and his legion.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Lord Twisted posted:

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/blooper-is-present

That has some of them. I heard there are more but I don't have a physical copy to hunt through. Definitely is a car park apparently tho.

Page not found.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Haven't seen the car park but here's the random dude:

Forge world is great.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Maybe Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives is checking out that psychic restaurant in Tizca?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

berzerkmonkey posted:

Page not found.

I can't seem to get it to direct link but someone posted above one of the two tourist photos I know of.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Hencoe posted:

Wait doesn't Angel exterminatus specifically say Pert got along well with Magnus and that he hated ampetheater he built at Nikea because it ended up being a witch hunt against Magnus and his legion.

FW canon vs BL canon. Inferno apparently junks much of what happens in Outcast Dead and Lone Wolf too.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hencoe posted:

Magnus and Perturabo get along pretty well, it doesn't stop Perty from hating the poo poo out of sorcery. Their friendship is a scholarly one.

In the Magnus novella he is asked to build a mysterious trinket by Magnus, eventually Perty figures out it's to be used for warp hijinks and smashes the thing with a hammer in front of his bro in a big bait and switch moment.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

Magnus and Perturabo get along pretty well, it doesn't stop Perty from hating the poo poo out of sorcery. Their friendship is a scholarly one.

In the Magnus novella he is asked to build a mysterious trinket by Magnus, eventually Perty figures out it's to be used for warp hijinks and smashes the thing with a hammer in front of his bro in a big bait and switch moment.

Fair enough, havnt read Magnus but that makes more sense if that's the theme.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Feb 28, 2017

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Poor perty, he was just autistic

Like me

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Forge world is great.

OK, this is hilarious. What is the full image?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Forge world is great.

One Hundred United States Dollars.

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Lord Twisted posted:

Zardu is either someone you stick into a squad of Gal Vorbak to buff them, or someone you sit in the backfield

You can do that - then he can't use the blade slaves.

Forge world is great.

Heres the actual page link

https://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/blooper-is-present-in-inferno-page-44.html

Doesn't exactly spoil my enjoyment of the book. *shrug* I think it's kind of funny.

Ghost Hand fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Feb 28, 2017

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

No, the numerous other glaring proofreading errors should spoil your enjoyment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Ghost Hand posted:

Heres the actual page link

https://battlebunnies.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/blooper-is-present-in-inferno-page-44.html

Doesn't exactly spoil my enjoyment of the book. *shrug* I think it's kind of funny.

What with you being best buds with the forgeworld team maybe they'd listen to you if you suggested actually proofreading and hiring a competent editor before releasing a book that has been already delayed multiple times.

If you can manage to admit that GW in fact does not always "do no wrong".