Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

Endgame content should be unfair. That's the whole point. It's for players who think they've mastered the game to be challenged. Especially in something like Path, which is all about learning the game's mechanics and skills and what is or isn't effective (which is why I don't like to reference builds online, but instead learn them on my own). But the Labyrinth isn't endgame, or even necessarily high-level. It's just made more difficult by some iffy mechanics.

So you are saying the "endgame labyrinth", as ggg itself has coined it on various occasions, doesn't qualify as endgame, then uhhh, well..hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

please knock Mom! posted:

Just guess, if you guess wrong it doesn't matter since everyone will be thinking of the smiley you meant to use anyway

Also lab is meh. It's unique, but it can be a really annoying roadblock too, especially if you want to quickly rush a new alt. Nowadays I just run them at the end of each difficulty with a stibnite.

:tetten:

Im sure you can figure it out.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Duck and Cover posted:

Sure is you got to find them.

only for the endgame lab

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1k9_Njm5jFKhvy4lapv2lQvYlSCbxHVJvDejzqVtKjSY/edit#slide=id.g167d23c5d7_0_4 is a neat read for people who want to know a bit about why lab is the way it is.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

please knock Mom! posted:

Trial of burning rage is too long

I used to get 1-5 fps in that trial. So much fun

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

@FAU: For me a major part of an appeal is the implied necessity of impeccable execution, i.e. having just a single go at it, not to sound like a Soviet English teacher from early 50s. Which is why I would find it lame to be able to bail out of Izaro or the Labyrinth for brief bit, or something along the lines.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Duck and Cover posted:

Sure is you got to find them.
That can be trivialised if you are not a shut-in and have some liquid cash for prophecies.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

also being able to just log out multiple times would make it too easy to cheese some of the traps and stuff

god forbid GGG makes part of the game where consequences matter, even in softcore

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

MannersPlease posted:

So you are saying the "endgame labyrinth", as ggg itself has coined it on various occasions, doesn't qualify as endgame, then uhhh, well..hmmmmmmmmmmmm

It's kinda true though, if you can do the actual endgame bosses like Shaper or Uber Atziri (not even like, consistently or anything, just have a chance against them) then Uber Lab is completely trivial and you probably do enough damage to kill Izaro in about 3 seconds

I mean it's endgame the same way T3 maps are endgame. It was endgame but it's kinda gotten left behind a lot at this point.

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
Fighting izaro is a lot of fun in hardcore. I enjoy the variety of the fights and the mechanics of his attacks. He's probably killed more of my characters than anything else, and there's exactly one of them that I'd blame on game issues. Whirling blades with very fast attack speed has hosed up targeting and sometimes sends you back to where you started on a second activation. I managed to whirl myself away from and then back into a pain aura as his giant crescent slash was passing through it. 7k to dead.

Working through the labyrinth itself gets tiresome after a while though, especially on builds with low/no regen where you have to slow to a crawl. The traps are cool at first but once the novelty wears off they're mostly just annoying.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

funmanguy posted:

Sorry man, this is a massive pile of :can:

Slightly related, but how can anyone remember any of these emotes? Took me like ten minutes to hunt that one down.

when i see a new one that i like i spam it in various places to get it in my memory

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Mr. Despair posted:

only for the endgame lab

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1k9_Njm5jFKhvy4lapv2lQvYlSCbxHVJvDejzqVtKjSY/edit#slide=id.g167d23c5d7_0_4 is a neat read for people who want to know a bit about why lab is the way it is.

Yeah as I said uber lab. I get the feeling reading that will make me angry so I guess I will. (maybe)

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That can be trivialised if you are not a shut-in and have some liquid cash for prophecies.

Whoaaa really?!!! Rng or even more of a chore either way sucks.

Here's a secret your build is either good for lab and you breeze through it or bad and you either out level/have someone carry you. Players may act like they want a challenge (in an action rpg), but they really don't.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 27, 2017

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Being able to portal in-and-out of lab doesn't make sense thematically either. It's a trial that Izaro built to find an heir to his throne. I doubt Chitus was able to portal out of it to refill his pots, so why should you? :colbert:

gently caress Charge Disruptors with a rusty fork though.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
In 3.0 they should just change it to Lab and Uber Lab (I assume they're planning to do so as it'd be real silly to make you go in there twice while leveling without the difficulty-replay as an excuse) and it's fine. Going through it four times just for your ascendancy is tedious.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

@FAU: For me a major part of an appeal is the implied necessity of impeccable execution, i.e. having just a single go at it, not to sound like a Soviet English teacher from early 50s. Which is why I would find it lame to be able to bail out of Izaro or the Labyrinth for brief bit, or something along the lines.
Honestly, when I laid out that list of bullet points I realized that permadeath isn't the problem. The Labyrinth only works if the player is forced to go through in one run. That way you can have the risk/reward of branching paths, etc. I think I just want them to fix some of the Izaro problems. Maybe just tone down the damage on a couple of his big hits. I do enjoy having to juggle hitting Izaro with killing the totems and so forth.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Insurrectionist posted:

In 3.0 they should just change it to Lab and Uber Lab (I assume they're planning to do so as it'd be real silly to make you go in there twice while leveling without the difficulty-replay as an excuse) and it's fine. Going through it four times just for your ascendancy is tedious.

i think we are going to sarn twice still. the extra acts are revisits

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
There should just be checkpoints after each Izaro fight, but everything resets if you die or whatever. There are still consequences for dying, you just won't have to do the ENTIRE GODDAMN THING all over again if you lag out or something stupid like that.

Also I agree more traps would be nice.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

there should be a fast pass line for money havers. if i put two offerings in i get a boss rush lab with 3 connected trials and nothing else (oh i guess throw argus in a mini connecting zone).

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Awesome! posted:

i think we are going to sarn twice still. the extra acts are revisits

Yeah but presumably we're doing new things there. What did they find a second Izaro and shoved him in the Lab too while I was off loving over Malachai?

E: Seriously though, at least when running Uber Lab you can just do them when it's a nice layout and you can memorize the path and you have leveled movement gems and poo poo so it can be fast. Even slow builds for slow characters can do it in 10 minutes. Low-level Labs are soooooo slooooow.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I liked the suggestion someone made before where normal lab (or its equivalent in 3.0) eliminates the first two Izaro phases and skips right to the final fight. Cruel lab adds one middle phase and Merc and Uber labs stay the same.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Insurrectionist posted:

Yeah but presumably we're doing new things there. What did they find a second Izaro and shoved him in the Lab too while I was off loving over Malachai?

twin brother

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Awesome! posted:

there should be a fast pass line for money havers. if i put two offerings in i get a boss rush lab with 3 connected trials and nothing else (oh i guess throw argus in a mini connecting zone).
4 offerings and each Izaro phase just has 4 Izaros in the room. That would be some sick bang for the buck to boost through those.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Insurrectionist posted:

It's kinda true though, if you can do the actual endgame bosses like Shaper or Uber Atziri (not even like, consistently or anything, just have a chance against them) then Uber Lab is completely trivial and you probably do enough damage to kill Izaro in about 3 seconds

I mean it's endgame the same way T3 maps are endgame. It was endgame but it's kinda gotten left behind a lot at this point.

...uber lab is like a t3 map :raise:

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Maybe a slight exaggeration but if you're not HC and have to be terrified of Izaro you can easily do Uber Lab before you reach double-digit-level maps. I did it on both my first characters and I was (and am, though not as much) poo poo at the game.

E: And also I was playing life-based Arc Witch and ED so not exactly supreme Izaro killers, though granted also not melee.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Insurrectionist posted:

Area is inhabited by 3 Additional Izaro

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Awesome! posted:

twin brother

Named "Bizaro"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

When Izaro does that attack that showers an area with little orbs or whatever, each orb should spawn an Izaro.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
First lab should have no Izaro imo, just traps

Izero

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Each treasure chest should have the chance to spawn an Izaro or Argus.

In actual news:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/836343092806463488

Kinda want to do Mjolner again...

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

funmanguy posted:

:tetten:

Im sure you can figure it out.

Paging jeoh

Tetten!

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

C'mon GGG hurry up and migrate my stuff to standard so I can combine my currency/essence/card tabs and enjoy a brief moment of satisfaction

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

When Izaro does that attack that showers an area with little orbs or whatever, each orb should spawn an Izaro.

I would throw money at GGG for a mini izaro pet that throws random voiced lines out. I love his voice actor.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ougher posted:

I would throw money at GGG for a mini izaro pet that throws random voiced lines out. I love his voice actor.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

wait is breach done now?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Fracturing Izaro.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Awesome! posted:

wait is breach done now?
Yep, yesterday.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Awesome! posted:

wait is breach done now?

Yeah, dead league.

Also mjol change seems meh.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Ougher posted:

Same but it would be Shavronne saying "What a gorgeous fighter!" every four seconds and also other players have to be able to hear it.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

whypick1 posted:

Each treasure chest should have the chance to spawn an Izaro or Argus.

In actual news:

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/836343092806463488

Kinda want to do Mjolner again...
It's increased though, and you'll have other sources of lightning/ele damage from tree/jewels...don't think it'll save it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yep, yesterday.

drat i found that sick helmet last night and bought a nice 5ex ring and was going to try to do guardians and poo poo finally. ah well i guess i can do that in standard for a few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Same, but it's a miniature Sinistar from Sinistar and it says all the Sinistar lines loudly and constantly.

• Locked thread