Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010

MannersPlease posted:

Yes, Chris said that there would be 3 different entrances within the lab lobby zone, which would be unlocked throughout the 10 acts.

Wait, is there no point to finishing act 4 on merciless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

jerichojx posted:

Nope!

e: like maybe there's a challenge for it sometimes, and some prophecy chains have you kill shavronne, but otherwise

J
Jun 10, 2001

jerichojx posted:

Do the deshret quest in the mines for the skill point, after that there is no real point to finishing A4 merciless.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
There won't be a merciless... :downs:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is an evasion/energy shield build viable? I think the green/blue mix seems interesting with Shadow.

Works fairly well yes, but you'll usually rely on getting evasion from flasks and/or auras.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

I'll probably try to make a zombies/SRS Mon'tregul's Grasp Necromancer work at some point this league, or at least prototype it in standard if buffed Mon'tregul's will drop there too. I did some quick and probably inaccurate math to work out DPS on a 4L with a +2 minion gems helm and perfect gems. This doesn't take into account ascendancy points or passives/jewels since we don't have a final version of the 2.6 tree yet. If anyone has any suggestions on a better 4L setup or corrections to the way I applied the formulas, feel free to weigh in.

http://pastebin.com/PgtT5KQi

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014

Social Media posted:

I'll probably try to make a zombies/SRS Mon'tregul's Grasp Necromancer work at some point this league, or at least prototype it in standard if buffed Mon'tregul's will drop there too. I did some quick and probably inaccurate math to work out DPS on a 4L with a +2 minion gems helm and perfect gems. This doesn't take into account ascendancy points or passives/jewels since we don't have a final version of the 2.6 tree yet. If anyone has any suggestions on a better 4L setup or corrections to the way I applied the formulas, feel free to weigh in.

http://pastebin.com/PgtT5KQi

I believe you will be able to use a divine orb to reroll the item for the new stats as soon as the patch goes live.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

J posted:

Do the deshret quest in the mines for the skill point, after that there is no real point to finishing A4 merciless.

Killing Kaom/Daresso does give you an un-ID'd map, which you might need for a challenge if you don't feel like trading for one/waiting for one to drop. Otherwise, just stop at Deshret.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is an evasion/energy shield build viable? I think the green/blue mix seems interesting with Shadow.

shadow (trickster) is indeed competent at ev/es style builds, you have a big ehp pool to absorb the occasional big hit, and you can evade the mob's attacks while waiting for your energy shield to start recharging again

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Breach has been migrated to Standard, for anyone else waiting around.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
What're everyone's favorite builds for starting a fresh new League with? The three that were recommended to me were:

Arc Witch (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1147951)
Flame Totem Marauder (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1050038)
Essence Drain Shadow (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717015)

I've had the most fun with Flame Totem so far but I'm looking for something totally new.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

ED shadow (trickster) is really good and can kill anything

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Holy moly new lochs caress are amazing. Also victarios new fastest non-7leaguestep leveling boot. Good changes. Cant wait to see how much better all the low lvl uniques are in general. Going to make unique drops so much more rewarding at low level. Especially curious how they reworked legit bad ones with big negatives. If they're all as good as carnage heart I think the games go na get a lot higher retainment from new players. ESP in 3.0.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

MannersPlease posted:

There won't be a merciless... :downs:

in 3.0, but we still have a league to go before then

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Breach characters and stashes have been migrated to Standard. Masters, hideout and atlas migration won't be happening until the next server restart, which will probably be tomorrow according to Bex.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
In case anyone missed this when it was streamed or the link on reddit, raiz critiques one of the press releases for 3.0. It's a pretty solid comedic tragedy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH98oy6cIrQ

It certainly gave me a good chuckle.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I went in Standard and looked at THE SECRET TAB in the stash. Reminds me of a public bathroom stall.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1839224

Challanges are up.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/836423199915032576

*Use 3 Leaguestones
*Complete a master mission
*Use currency items (8)
*Vendor recipes (6) (there's one for Leaguestone...guessing the 5-to-1 re-roll?)
*Side-quests
*Kill Normal bosses
*Kill Bloodlines packs (23)
*Mastercraft each item type
*50 silver coins from monsters
*Touch shrines (12) (no Divine in this one thankfully)
*Level 5 masters to level 5
*Kill Cruel bosses
*Kill Tormented Spirits (21) (in or out of monsters, thankfully)
*Kill Rogue Exiles (19)
*Kill Vaal Bosses (10)
*Open different Strongbox types (10)
*Get the 4 corrupted Essences
*Kill Invasion bosses (36)
*Kill Nemesis monsters (21)
*Open Perandus chest types (12)
*Encounters 1 - Essence Monster + Tormented Spirit; Rogue Exile + Talisman; Beyond boss under Onslaught; Bloodline pack under Shrine; Strongbox in Tempest area
*Large hideout
*Merciless bosses
*Level 90
*Gem to level 20
*Talisman bosses (8)
*Prophecy Chains (4 of 8 listed)
*Fully ascend
*Kill each Beyond boss (6)
*Encounters 2 - Triple Essence monster holding Talisman in Tempest area; Tormented Invasion boss under Onslaught; 100 Breach monsters while under Shrine effects and in Rampage
*Each map tier with Onslaught
*Un-ID'd rare maps by tier (10/16)
*Kill Warband leaders (18)
*Twinned each map tier
*8 mod each map tier
*Unique maps (12/16)
*1000 maps under 3 league at >T6 :wtc:
*Kill Uber Atziri
*Kill Shaper
*Endgame Grinds (any 4) - 40 Shaper's Guardians, 100 Atziri kills, 100 Uber Izaro kills, 100 Breachlord kills, 400 Pale Council kills, 50 Rigwald kills

12 challenges for footprints, 24 for weapon, 36 for portal.

Probably will top out somewhere around 28 like I did in Breach.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Feb 28, 2017

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
The last four in particular are for the highest-end content people. I am super interested in the Leaguestone from vendor recipe though.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

theshim posted:

The last four in particular are for the highest-end content people. I am super interested in the Leaguestone from vendor recipe though.

two of those 4 (the bosses) you can pay people to do for you.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

theshim posted:

League stone recipe is probably 7:1 reroll or something.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

whypick1 posted:

*1000 maps under 3 league at >T6 :wtc:

This isn't any worse than the 10,000 map tiers from the previous league, which was pretty easy if you played all throughout the league. I finished that one long before I endgame grinds.

Also, why the hell did you spend time typing all that out? That's the real :wtc:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
the challenges sound really easy actually to get 36

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Why do I see some twohanded weapons can roll up to 245% Physical Damage? Poe Affixes say that the max is 179%

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

jerichojx posted:

Why do I see some twohanded weapons can roll up to 245% Physical Damage? Poe Affixes say that the max is 179%

There are 2 stacking % phys damage affix groups, people call the other one "hybrid" because it also has accuracy (and the armor version has stun recovery)

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

jerichojx posted:

It can roll %Phys dmg and %Phys dmg + accuracy

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005
There are only 39 challenges on that list.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Missed the Warbands one, fixed.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

whypick1 posted:

ty for saving the Goon Community exactly One Click. you are a true hero.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Phobophilia posted:

the challenges sound really easy actually to get 36

Worst case scenario, almost all of them seem easy to purchase

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

whypick1 posted:

I meant the official one though, but it seems they fixed it by adding the Warbands one.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I am thankful for a league whose rewards are not butt-ugly wings

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Holy poo poo this might be the first time I can actually get 36 challenges.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
That portal effect is not really impressive to me either though :\

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Jinnigan posted:

That portal effect is not really impressive to me either though :\

I believe it is the beta portal effect.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
That totem pole is cool.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

panda clue posted:

ty for saving the Goon Community exactly One Click. you are a true hero.

funmanguy posted:

You can be like me, and play standard, or you can shitpost.

Guess we know which one you picked panda

panda clue
May 23, 2014

whypick1 posted:

Guess we know which one you picked panda

why not both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Bugsy posted:

Exactly. EB + MoM + ZO keeps up with giant mana costs and gives you a nice buffer with MoM.

How does this work exactly- you lose out on all life regen for a 30% less damage taken if you can sustain your ES?

• Locked thread