Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Jose posted:

Well already had more answers than i was probably expecting

Already? We are 300+ chapters into TOG.

Also, Bam is definitely giving up his souls for the Floor of Death people to be able to leave. Which is good, it's an unnecessary random powerup that doesn't really fit with the rest of his "lore" anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Chapter Link for folks.

This is a pretty big chapter! It's probably worth going through the Hand of Arlen stuff again. Also calls into question whether Jyu Viole Grace is his actual given name.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

If Bam is Jahad's pre-Tower son (or at least some form of shinsu-offspring), he's probably got the same immortality deal his other sons have. Unless the contract Jahad made explicitly left out Bam.

That does explain why Bam could learn by having lethal attacks thrown at him in the rice cooker. He isn't allowed to die, so he can abuse his godmode.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-239/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=320

lmao so the fug alias might be his real name after all. I feel like whatever else she tells would definitely explain the jahad symbol in his cave. Only thing missing is how they actually got him out of the tower. And how they knew he would be able to make it back in.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It makes rachel's situation even weirder

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Jose posted:

It makes rachel's situation even weirder

Rachel is his half-sister and so we're all going to feel bad about wishing death on her every 5 minutes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i wonder if we'll get a proper explanation of what the thorn is soon

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

nimby posted:

If Bam is Jahad's pre-Tower son (or at least some form of shinsu-offspring), he's probably got the same immortality deal his other sons have. Unless the contract Jahad made explicitly left out Bam.

That does explain why Bam could learn by having lethal attacks thrown at him in the rice cooker. He isn't allowed to die, so he can abuse his godmode.

She calls out his relationship to his mother, well, the one who brought him into this world, but not Jahad. I imagine it's more likely that it's a scorned lover scenario.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Are they changing naming order when they translate so Arlene grace should be Grace Arlene and the leader of FUG is related?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Coffee Mugshot posted:

Rachel is his half-sister and so we're all going to feel bad about wishing death on her every 5 minutes.

If anything, I'll only hate her more.

It's interesting that the princess of Jahad reveal means that none of the princesses should have to follow that "you cannot have a relationship with anybody" so Endorsi and/or Yuri could totally jump Baam's bones if they find out.

EDIT: Also Karaka is my friend and I like him now. "I only watch the news." You go man.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 27, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Actually it's more that they're literally intended to be Jahad's concubines or whatever he just isn't using them that way

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

If they have kids doesn't that mean those kids are technically Jahad's? So anak might also be unable to die

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I could see that being possible, but I think in this case Jahad's blood would be so diluted (what I'm getting from the story so far is that each princess is basically only given a couple drops of blood at most) that it might not even "count".

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the chapter also makes Karaka/wangnan's origin stranger

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm wagering they were another experiment in the vein of the princesses, but tamer. Inject boys with a smidgen of Jahad blood, see what happens. I might need to re-read, but I don't understand why an immortal god-king would need an heir for his empire though.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Gologle posted:

I'm wagering they were another experiment in the vein of the princesses, but tamer. Inject boys with a smidgen of Jahad blood, see what happens. I might need to re-read, but I don't understand why an immortal god-king would need an heir for his empire though.

The princesses were a ruse to keep the 10 families fighting each other over who got to be Jahad's babymomma.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm catching up with recent ToG chapters, and it's funny how Hockey has almost an identical personality to Baam (hyperfocusing on his goal and being really cavalier about everything else). Like Mata said, I think they would make good friends.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

gently caress now I'm really curious what really happened.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

why is jahad special over the other original climbers since they were all irregulars too although i guess there is that original climber who isn't immortal like the rest and sacrifices all his kids to stay alive

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I wonder what the relationship between Arlene Grace and Grace Mirchea Luslec (the head of FUG) is.

Gologle posted:

Maybe, or he could be a child Jahad secretly had with someone else (which would make Baam and Wangnan half-brothers, haha). I find this less likely than something like you proposed, but it's still possible (since they described him as being Jahad's mistake, so it's possible that even if Jahad is widely known to have never taken any wives he may have still done so and hidden it).

vvv Yeah, I think it's doubtful as well. I'm just going off of the possibility that "Jahad can't have children with anyone" is the official line but in reality he did manage to have a child with someone (thus it being a mistake that needs to be silenced, so people won't know the truth that "he definitely can't have kids" is a lie).

I think something like what you mentioned is far more likely, and it's possible that the reason he only gives blood to women is because giving blood to men also passes down his immortality (and this is why he wants to keep Wangnan/Karaka a secret). But the above is also technically possible and would be another explanation for the "mistake that Jahad needs to silence" angle.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 27, 2017

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
See, I would believe that had the last chapter not outright said "Jahad cannot have children because his blood is too powerful and the kid wouldn't survive to birth". Which has me leaning toward experiment.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Gologle posted:

See, I would believe that had the last chapter not outright said "Jahad cannot have children because his blood is too powerful and the kid wouldn't survive to birth". Which has me leaning toward experiment.

Maybe Wangnan and Karaka being functionally immortal is the reason they survived being born? So it is not the blood that does it, but because they have it they get to keep the blood.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
We've been told who Baam's mother is, but we haven't actually been told Zahard / Jahad is his dad, for what it's worth.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Sarcophallus posted:

We've been told who Baam's mother is, but we haven't actually been told Zahard / Jahad is his dad, for what it's worth.

That's true, though it's hard to think of anyone else (unless it's some character who hasn't been introduced yet). I'm expecting that this story will also involve whatever happened between FUG's founder and Jahad. Like maybe FUG's founder was related to Arlene and Jahad did something bad to Arlene, thus being the reason she (I think FUG's founder is a woman?) hates Jahad so much.

I wonder if Garad is from Kuhn's family, since she has the same general appearance.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I'd like to imagine Hell Joe is really mad because Karaka only gives him Bleach to read and he just got to Deicide

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I took the 'Jahad can't have kids' poo poo as being bullshit, like the rest of what Jahad's story was. Like, Jahad made up "I can't have kids, because the power in my body is TOO MUCH TO HANDLE", so that he could make up "So I have to take your strongest daughters, and make them mine, so one day they can marry me." So that he could keep the families constantly fighting and ensure no one was ever allowed to win or threaten him or anything.

In reality, he can have kids just fine, but doesn't want anyone who can potentially threaten his rule, just like how he keeps all the 10 families aimed at each other, fighting over every little thing so they can never try and take him down.

But who knows.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I think it's a plan for something else given that two random people have already popped up and surpassed Jahad.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

"I only watch the news." Karaka that is low even for you.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Turns out he watches Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

I wonder what the relationship between Arlene Grace and Grace Mirchea Luslec (the head of FUG) is.

Grace Mirchea Luslc isn't an irregular fwiw and just as far as names are similar there is arie hon and ari han of those who were irregulars who climbed with jahad

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Jose posted:

Grace Mirchea Luslc isn't an irregular fwiw and just as far as names are similar there is arie hon and ari han of those who were irregulars who climbed with jahad

Yeah but the children of irregulars born within the tower aren't considered irregulars either. Grace also seems like a more unique name and in this case is literally the same, rather than just sounding similar like with Arie and Ari.

Edit: Also we know that some poo poo went down between Grace Mirchea Luslec and Jahad.

Edit: Maybe Arlene was Mirchea Luslec's wife and Jahad had an affair with her and that is why Mirchea Luslec got angry and started FUG lol

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Feb 28, 2017

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Annointed posted:

"I only watch the news." Karaka that is low even for you.

I have to admit I didn't expect Karaka of all the characters in this dumb comic to get a laugh out of me.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-240/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=321

Well, that's a whole lot of information at once.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Bam (also the reader): :words: :confused: :words:

Finally confirmed that Rachel is at least not a total random who just happened to tag along.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
At least it sort of explains Rachel's actions toward Baam in the tower.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

We're getting a lot more exposition than I expected, wow. Good stuff too.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

that was a lot of information and explains why rachel thinks baam is a monster. also why urek is interested in him. wonder when we're getting a full explanation of the thorn or why it required enryu killing the administrator

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Jose posted:

that was a lot of information and explains why rachel thinks baam is a monster. also why urek is interested in him. wonder when we're getting a full explanation of the thorn or why it required enryu killing the administrator

It probably involves the fact that baby-Baam got murdered on that floor by Jahad, setting some sort of precedent for slaying immortals. Maybe why the administrator was killed in revenge of V, because he allowed it to happen?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I can't say I necessarily got all of that (had to go back and reread the previous chapter because I kept getting "Arlene" and "Anne" mixed up), but what did get through seems to be a fairly decent explanation that I'm glad to have either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I don't understand how Rachel has the information from Arlene's pocket diary? Based on how she refers to Arlene, it seems like she personally knows her or has met her in some way since she shares the same goal of seeing the starry sky. I've also never understood how Rachel has worked so closely with FUG this entire time or why this prophecy matter so much to her. Baam is just chilling and feeling at home.