Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If he made contact with the ground, technically he did crash :v:

What is a landing but a crash you fly away from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

A half-assed crash? :v:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

If the US totally goes to irreparable poo poo I hope Australia still has those lateral transfers.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently someone went to the trouble of NJPing the Marine Corps dog multiple times :laugh:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Apparently someone went to the trouble of NJPing the Marine Corps dog multiple times :laugh:

Probably for pretty common Marine behavior too:
- Traveling in packs.
- Pissing in the yard, parking lot, sides of buildings.
- Getting too aggressive during tug o war.
- Staring at a finger when someone points.
- Fighting over bitches.

You know Marine poo poo! :haw:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKTUoapRul8

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

And this gentlemen, is why I never joined the marines...

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

ASAPI posted:

And this gentlemen, is why I never joined the marines...

thanks for your story

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
They take it seriously.

:(

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

"Not career-damaging, but..."

HA!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Casimir Radon posted:

If the US totally goes to irreparable poo poo I hope Australia still has those lateral transfers.

It's an 18-24 month process. If you applied right now, you probably wouldn't see day 1 of your new Aussie unit until after christmas 2018.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Godholio posted:

They take it seriously.

:(

Think of how proud that NCO was when he found out he was going to 8th and I.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Honestly I'd be pretty stoked if it meant I was going to be a professional dogsitter.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Think of how proud that NCO was when he found out he was going to 8th and I.

i hear the hazing at 8th and i involves edge dressing and puckered anuses

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Booblord Zagats posted:

He's right

The list goes

Blazing Saddles

Airplane

Blues Brothers

That security cam footage where the tweaker accidentally kills his buddy while they were trying to rip an ATM out of the front of a 7/11

Tropic Thunder

Link?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I've been looking since I posted it and cannot find it. I hope I didn't just dream it, because I have pretty clear memory of it

I'll be honest I feel I deserve to eat a 6 hour or two for this tremendous cock tease

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Booblord Zagats posted:

I've been looking since I posted it and cannot find it. I hope I didn't just dream it, because I have pretty clear memory of it

I'll be honest I feel I deserve to eat a 6 hour or two for this tremendous cock tease

I distinctly remember the video in question, you're not insane.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
That's the beauty of it--it doesn't do anything!

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

chitoryu12 posted:

I just ate a Spanish ration. It was pretty lovely all things considered, but it's nice to know that the Spanish don't even trust their soldiers not to eat their matches. So I guess things are the same across the Atlantic.

Been reading through the topic but I had to stop and :laffo: at this. I'm just mentally picturing a Joe hoovering the entire MRE with his mouth like a cartoon character, only to suddenly realize with horror that he swallowed the matches too.

"I ATE THE BONES MATCHES!!" :byodood:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Army trick to fight off mosquitoes is to suck the heads off matches. Placebo effect maybe but it worked for me in the field.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i hear the hazing at 8th and i involves edge dressing and puckered anuses

nobody knows whats edge dressing is

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
uhm it's the poo poo you buy to put on your dumb rear end shoes/boots on monday unless i'm missing a joke

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Google shoved a clickbait site that told me this.

http://taskandpurpose.com/heres-ridiculous-story-behind-rock-something/

“We were designing the [flameless ration heater] directions and wanted to show an object to rest the heater on,” said Oleksyk, who recalled Pickard saying: “‘I don’t know. Let’s make it a rock or something.’ So we wrote ‘rock or something’ on the object, kind of as a joke.”

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ceiling fan posted:

Google shoved a clickbait site that told me this.

http://taskandpurpose.com/heres-ridiculous-story-behind-rock-something/

“We were designing the [flameless ration heater] directions and wanted to show an object to rest the heater on,” said Oleksyk, who recalled Pickard saying: “‘I don’t know. Let’s make it a rock or something.’ So we wrote ‘rock or something’ on the object, kind of as a joke.”

https://inkfidel.com/products/military-veteran-stickers-rock-or-something-bumper-sticker

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

nobody knows whats edge dressing is

:catstare: are you loving serious?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

East coast Marines :rolleyes:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Memento posted:

It's an 18-24 month process. If you applied right now, you probably wouldn't see day 1 of your new Aussie unit until after christmas 2018.

Any official link info you have, asking before Google quest

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

In idiot news, I'm in a machine gun course and a training 7.62 round has gone missing. After saying it isn't that big a deal please turn it in, yelling at us, threatening room checks, saying it's not that big a deal please turn it in again they're setting up the old amnesty box this morning.

They also said the last class may have lost it, so we are checking for a round that literally may not have been accounted from the start.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
War...war never changes.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

UPDATE: There was no actual box they just had us enter through another classroom. Where there was no box.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:lol: @ amnesty boxes

In ~MY UNIT~ we'd arrest all day-to-day operations and progress until a missing item/round was found/accounted for...like a petulant child not wanting to brush its teeth before bed. After a maximum of three days of this pants-on-head mode of operation, during which totally non-collective-punishment was administered through an increase in dumb-as-gently caress duties, we'd slowly go back to regular business operations and pretend nothing was ever lost.

You know, like a proper military unit :downs:

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Real pros carry spare rounds just in case

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Real pros wear eye pros

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Real pros get out of the military.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Even proer pros never join in the first place.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

Even proer pros never join in the first place.

Counterpoint: LOL @ paying for college

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Booblord Zagats posted:

Counterpoint: LOL @ paying for college

True.

I guess you could say the best course of action is getting the most sham job in the Air Force or coast guard or something, only serve for the minimum amount of time and then get out to use GI Bill bennies.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mike-o posted:

True.

I guess you could say the best course of action is getting the most sham job in the Air Force or coast guard or something, only serve for the minimum amount of time and then get out to use GI Bill bennies.

Alternatively, get something with a clearance even if you have no intention of ever using it again.

Easier to get one again if you've already gotten one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

redneck nazgul posted:

Alternatively, get something with a clearance even if you have no intention of ever using it again.

Easier to get one again if you've already gotten one.

That's why I'm glad I had a clearance when I was in. Later on down the road if I'm willing to move not far from where I'm at now I could get a job that requires a clearance, guy gave me his card and said to call him if I ever move a little bit closer or if I'm willing to drive an hour and a half to get to work. That's without traffic though. But yeah it'd be an awesome loving job, he's apparently hurting for guys that had, do have, or are able to get a clearance.