Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

:derp: It's out!!! :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa

Quick, somebody tell me a quick way to make enough money to buy this

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

FirstAidKite posted:

AAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa

Quick, somebody tell me a quick way to make enough money to buy this

Become a Twitch streamer and stream the game

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Here's a dumb question, will this play decently on a 360 controller? 360 D-pads kinda suck is why I'm asking, I'm not sure how well a River City Ransom sequel would work with an analog stick.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

oh come the gently caress on universe i've got horizon coming out tonight, nier next week and now this???

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

Here's a dumb question, will this play decently on a 360 controller? 360 D-pads kinda suck is why I'm asking, I'm not sure how well a River City Ransom sequel would work with an analog stick.

The game was built around the Xbox controller so it works pretty darn fine, whether you use the d-pad or the thumbstick like a weirdo.

Seems some major bugs slipped into the release build. :ohdear: Nothing progression-stopping or save file corrupting, but mayyybe wait until tomorrow to play if you're buying it tonight? One of them is whatever until it's hotfixed, but the other involves an unlockable character's starting stats, and might mean you need to restart your game to get the fix's effect. It's not entirely impossible that these bugs won't occur on a fresh install, either, but I can't know for sure just yet.

I guess what I'm saying is the game rules and is playable but maybe don't get halfway through it in one night? I'm yelling in the backer forums about this. Seems they're having some issues with backers not getting their keys in time so their office is probably too on-fire at the moment to respond.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Feb 28, 2017

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Become a Twitch streamer and stream the game

Ok, how about a way that won't make me feel like a piece of poo poo who begs for cash online lmao

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

FirstAidKite posted:

Ok, how about a way that won't make me feel like a piece of poo poo who begs for cash online lmao

Sell Pokemon cards

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
HOLY poo poo River City Ransom Underground has online co op?

FUUUUCK.

Still waiting for my key. :(

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is River City Ransom really that good

(serious question because I haven't played the original and I think people say the 3DS one or whatever is really good)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

Yes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Sell Pokemon cards

drat I really missed the train on that one

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Woooo got my key.. but I didn't get my second key so I emailed them. Was hoping to give it to my beat em up buddy as he's a huge RCR fan.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

I love Paul's constant Bruce Campbell-esque grin while I punch on dudes. Noticed some typos and bugs, but nothing game breaking right away. One thing I really don't like is dying over and over. Aside from a soda machine in the tutorial I haven't found a single healing item, and the game kinda of gave me the middle finger in the arcade where there's a shuttered snack shop, a restroom that is definitely not a safe save room, and a boss that took 3/4 of my life with one move. When I wanted to quit I had to run through seven screens to get to a save point. I'm still going to play more of it, it's just a little frustrating up front.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Help Im Alive posted:

(serious question because I haven't played the original and I think people say the 3DS one or whatever is really good)

The very genre it operates in excludes it from ever being "really that good" though it may well be "good" or possibly as much as "pretty good" but the core problem with Press A Go Right games is that there are never any bloody consequences or context!!!

that's my yahtzee impression

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

precision posted:

The very genre it operates in excludes it from ever being "really that good" though it may well be "good" or possibly as much as "pretty good" but the core problem with Press A Go Right games is that there are never any bloody consequences or context!!!

that's my yahtzee impression

Counterpoint: The consequences are gaining stats and moves and the context is that Slick stole your girlfriend. It's the best co-op action RPG on the NES.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

LawfulWaffle posted:

I love Paul's constant Bruce Campbell-esque grin while I punch on dudes. Noticed some typos and bugs, but nothing game breaking right away. One thing I really don't like is dying over and over. Aside from a soda machine in the tutorial I haven't found a single healing item, and the game kinda of gave me the middle finger in the arcade where there's a shuttered snack shop, a restroom that is definitely not a safe save room, and a boss that took 3/4 of my life with one move. When I wanted to quit I had to run through seven screens to get to a save point. I'm still going to play more of it, it's just a little frustrating up front.

Head west, young man.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In RCR Underground I had two checkpoints, one for the arcade and another for the pink wrestler, going to both locations didnt do jack poo poo. I feel like this game is loving busted to poo poo. Can't even bring up the world map without mashing a button like 20 times.

Also having like 25 enemies onscreen in multiplayer killing us over and over when we have no money to start seems kind of hosed? It's been nothing but loving frustrating and I feel like just refunding this

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

GUI posted:

They eventually added a Third Person Shooter control option that lets you press the left stick to activate run mode and hold it to sprint. Only took them 3 years.

I know this is from a few pages back now but holy poo poo, I might need to replay GTA 5 now :eyepop:

edit: Does anyone know what this option is actually called in the game menus?

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

CJacobs posted:

I know this is from a few pages back now but holy poo poo, I might need to replay GTA 5 now :eyepop:

edit: Does anyone know what this option is actually called in the game menus?

They're called Third Person Shooter Controls or something similar.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Neat, I will give it a shot and hope the game is more fun that way.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Playing Rise of the Tomb Raider finally, trying to complete as much of an area as I can when I have the tools to do it. It's been going fine so far but

gently caress them for having this challenge be that 6 out of the 7 posters can be burned with a molotov but the last one can only be burned with a fire arrow, which I haven't gotten access to yet. What the gently caress, just have ONE fire bottle up there for me jesus christ don't stop me from completing one out of the seven parts of a challenge, you might as well just lock the whole challenge off from me until I get the fire arrows in that case so I don't waste my time.

Also new Lara Croft is way cooler than punkass Nathan Drake. Captain Toad is cooler than both tho

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Some of the challenges can't be completed in a zone until much later in the game, they're not worth waiting around for as you'll be returning to the Soviet installation often.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Booting up Civ IV for the first time and wow, it came out over a decade ago.

The music in it is incredible though, dang.

Edit: I'm never leaving the menu screen; baba yetu is incredible

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 28, 2017

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The F-Zero GX character endings... :eyepop:

21:56 is me irl

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This is real good poo poo. Sexiest game in a Nintendo console, maybe?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Been having a blast with RCR Underground with a buddy of mines. They should've put Friendly fire is still on when you throw objects at your buddy though. :v:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/richardcobbett/status/836216437467406336

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i can't believe zelda snuck in and stole february game of the month at the last second... wow!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's not out for another three days

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's out

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is just as good a question as to why Splatoon 2 is not called Spla2n.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBgRGTmgQZQ

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

VideoGames posted:

This is just as good a question as to why Splatoon 2 is not called Spla2n.

the wiiu is just an expansion for the wii, right? why do I need to buy that, I already have the wii.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Captain Invictus posted:

the wiiu is just an expansion for the wii, right? why do I need to buy that, I already have the wii.

😑

Anyway I got the Otacon ending of Metal Gear Solid the other day and it is markedly superior to the Meryl ending.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The lengthy chuckling when Snake shares his real name

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

presuming I do the Target B2G1 sale, what should be the free game if I get Horizon Zero Dawn and Nier Automata. I don't have a Switch so maybe I should just pick up Wildlands and then sell it away or something.

I'd say Zelda but if it runs like dogshit on the WiiU there's no way I want it. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Microsoft is introducing a new service for Xbox One and Windows 10 called Xbox Game Pass: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-game-pass

This works like EA Access where you pay a monthly fee for access to a library of games that you download directly to your system. Microsoft has said when the service will launch or what the monthly fee will be.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Kai Tave posted:

I've been playing on a 360 pad, but I'm thinking of going with a Dualshock 4 due to the dpad weirdness of the 360 pad. The analogue stick is perfectly functional, but the game feels way better on a proper dpad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

MinibarMatchman posted:

presuming I do the Target B2G1 sale, what should be the free game if I get Horizon Zero Dawn and Nier Automata. I don't have a Switch so maybe I should just pick up Wildlands and then sell it away or something.

I'd say Zelda but if it runs like dogshit on the WiiU there's no way I want it. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Have you played Nioh

• Locked thread