Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Wow that fight sucked. Its basically a long tedious fight until he does Sweep and possibly instagibs people with his chain attacks.

The Mine's being a gear check is lame.

Still, got my Moogle and managed to snag that 15%. Shame I forgot to do a 3rd limit, and FUUUUUCK trying to No KO that fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

hagie posted:

I dropped 2500 lapis to get a ridiculous amount of big cactaurs and I dropped all of them on 3 6* characters to get them to Max. I went from 300,000 to 30,000

I have 1589888 gil :shrug:

Dana Crysalis posted:

I hear that JP's only lets you stack to 300%, which most of out double-handed type units can hit easily when we get that jerk Cloud.

I wonder if we have the same limit, and if Cloud's TM will stack with its self.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Clouds TM made it so even global users can reach the extra damage cap. Stacking TMs in the japanese version just made it comparatively a whole lot cheaper since double hand and blade mastery are a whole lot easier to get than Buster Soul (or whatever the TMs name is going to be) and innate double hand boosting characters are becoming more common.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
finally got sparky

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
That's awesome. :black101:

That said though, does 1000atk do more damage than 850atk+dual weild? Is the damage formula that exponential?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

aherdofpenguins posted:

So there's no dungeon that will give me more light megacrysts?

Abandoned Orphanage for Light Megacrysts. Did that poo poo all weekend and walked out with about 100.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Refia finally hit level 100. Lack of shields is unfortunate after having used Santa Roselia for awhile but Refia's still sitting at 5.2k hp with around 200 def and 330 spr so if she dies the team's already screwed anyways.

Cry Havoc posted:

finally got sparky

You're the first person to break 1k atk on my friends list. Figured the couple ~900 atk Noctis whale friends I had would've done it by now but I suspect at least one of them is grinding up 3-4 Shine TMs to make their Noctis a complete monster instead.

Nuebot posted:

I have 1589888 gil :shrug:

Still sitting at over 4 million gil and that's without TM macro grinding. :whatup:

Twisted Eye posted:

That's awesome. :black101:

That said though, does 1000atk do more damage than 850atk+dual weild? Is the damage formula that exponential?

Olive's best attack is single hit, so if you can land that on the end of a(n elemental) chain it's possible to hit for millions of damage.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

You're the first person to break 1k atk on my friends list. Figured the couple ~900 atk Noctis whale friends I had would've done it by now but I suspect at least one of them is grinding up 3-4 Shine TMs to make their Noctis a complete monster instead.

I'll be there towards the end of this week. Sparky, Bartz, and two Shines are cooking...

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

yeah shattering shot followed by true shot to end a chain can be huge

i'm just glad that single bartz i tm farmed six months ago is finally paying off :3:

Cry Havoc fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Feb 27, 2017

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014

Finished Arena defense team rear end in a top hat #1.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hardbody posted:

Finished Arena defense team rear end in a top hat #1.

This, a Ling, and at least a Noctis or two for maximum trolling.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

haha nice

thanks to everyone who currently has nichol as their friend unit, took a while to get one to show but hey 10 lapis :)

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm not sure Noctis can crack 1k yet. Best I could come up with was around 940 but I may have gotten some of his BiS gear wrong.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
She is the only unit that can break 1k.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I bring 5 dual-cast dual-wield 999 damage units to get that poo poo over with. If Arena gave you anything for your AI winning or the reward tiers weren't so wide open I could see messing with my team. Surprised they don't have more reward tiers for PvP, seems it would leave a lot of money on the table for them

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cry Havoc posted:

haha nice

thanks to everyone who currently has nichol as their friend unit, took a while to get one to show but hey 10 lapis :)

I'm leaving mine up until Olive's TM's are done cooking. Probably sometime around Friday.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Hardbody posted:

She is the only unit that can break 1k.

This dude's Noctis is 1003 ATK. He also has a Ring of Dominion on GL already...

http://opne.com/

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

dangerous.hotdog posted:

This dude's Noctis is 1003 ATK. He also has a Ring of Dominion on GL already...

http://opne.com/

Totally an injector.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
As if those stacks of 99 hero ring each weren't telling enough, the trophies. Or he put the value of a new car into the game and macroed without pause for a very long time.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

As if those stacks of 99 hero ring each weren't telling enough, the trophies. Or he put the value of a new car into the game and macroed without pause for a very long time.

309 Ruler's Rings, 139 Domination Rings, 237 Monarch Rings crafted for that single Ring of Dominion. Crazy.

I'm working on Domination Rings #5-#8, I'm 1% there!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

Still sitting at over 4 million gil and that's without TM macro grinding. :whatup:

I would probably have more but I stop most events once I get the tickets just so I can go back to macroing.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Olive's best attack is single hit, so if you can land that on the end of a(n elemental) chain it's possible to hit for millions of damage.

I need to get used to learning how to chain properly.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

yeah that'll be a lot easier once they add the training dummy to gl

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I assume I just click on my dudes and click on Olive last?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ive gotten two of these dark knights soul dudes from daily pulls off banner. Question, do great sword trigger the sword part of the TM or is it just plain swords?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Only regular swords.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

so get yourself a moon/mana blade

Nuebot posted:

I assume I just click on my dudes and click on Olive last?

yeah it's all about the right timing though

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
One of these days I'm gonna level up the 4 Edgars I have and try to do some silly chains.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

hamsystem posted:

One of these days I'm gonna level up the 4 Edgars I have and try to do some silly chains.

If you have Shantotto just level her for when we get her 5* form. She can self-chain with her level 80 spell and native dualcast and it'll be a much longer window for max damage than chainsaw chains provide. Only downside is the 96mp per turn she'll be burning through.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

i have like nine shantottos

keep saying i'm going to farm all these multiples but keep pulling better tms to farm so they never get done

guess you just gotta resist the urge and spend some time grinding them out even if you have more desireable tms waiting

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I somehow have 0 Shantottos.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Yo new ff mobile bros, just started this game and pulled olive from the daily. How good is olive? Should I save the rest of my rare pill tickets and lapis on other pulls coming up? OP says Orlandu is the gold standard, and I do love me some orlandu

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ubiquitus posted:

Yo new ff mobile bros, just started this game and pulled olive from the daily. How good is olive? Should I save the rest of my rare pill tickets and lapis on other pulls coming up? OP says Orlandu is the gold standard, and I do love me some orlandu

Olive is very good, but you can't go wrong with a few shines either (Shine's TM is a much appreciated +30% attack) so whether you want to save or not is up to you. We are having a player's choice banner some time soon though, which has some good stuff in it so it might be worth saving some tickets for it in the hopes of zidanes (dual wield TM) and a noctis if you're as lucky as you were getting Olive.

Orlandu is kind of a running joke because he is the poster child for really good damage units, but we have no real idea when we're getting him and they keep pushing his banner back with other events and introducing units that are almost as good such as Noctis or Olive, which kind of spoils the idea of saving tickets and lapis for Orlandu for a year straight and we already have a decent list of JP characters who are better.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Aww yeah 2nd Dual Wield Getto. Time to work on the 3rd.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
We usually get news today right? So, no new updates this week?

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

Shoenin posted:

Aww yeah 2nd Dual Wield Getto. Time to work on the 3rd.

nice working on my 3rd too

i love dh though, switching from rulers ring to the bracer that just finished added 55 attack to olive :coal:

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Finally got my new Dark Fina up and running and she rocks in Arena. Only TM I have for her as yet is Dual Wield; I've been completely neglecting magic TMs. I'd start on some now, but I got 4 Shines to do.

After they're done is it worth it to work on Magic TMs for Dark Fina, or should I just keep it up with strictly physical TMs?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

That depends largely on what physical DPS characters you've got avaiable. Dark Fina is a very strong magic character and there is nothing wrong with investing into her, but at the very top end physical characters just overtake the magic users.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Mischalaniouse posted:

Finally got my new Dark Fina up and running and she rocks in Arena. Only TM I have for her as yet is Dual Wield; I've been completely neglecting magic TMs. I'd start on some now, but I got 4 Shines to do.

After they're done is it worth it to work on Magic TMs for Dark Fina, or should I just keep it up with strictly physical TMs?

My DF isn't using DW and she has more than enough MAG to hit the 999 cap in Arena, if that's all you're using her for I wouldn't bother. Her own TM is the biggest boon for her, followed by Shantottos, Omnirod, and then Alma.

Obviously an additional 91 (omnirod) or 72 (wizard rod) mag is nice, but mages don't benefit from the double ability aspect like physical characters do, so they're definitely a lower priority unless you have extra DW's (or don't mind rearranging your equip/abilities every time you switch things).

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I've got 7 Zidanes, and one of my top physical damage dealers is Lightning with her built in Dual Wield, so I'm not wanting for Dual Wields.

My main team is generally Noctis, Lightning, Cecil, Exdeath (now replaced with Dark Fina), and Refia.

I don't have any other "Top" tier physical damage dealers yet. Closest would probably be Cupid Artemios, but he's better off with a bow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ive got like 5 zidanes and there is no way I'll use any more than 3 unless because: Tank needs to tank, sure eventually having a WoL 6* with the defense fists means you can ignore a shield and go double weapon but even with all the damage reductions you are taking a massive amount of damage sometimes. And my primary healer will eventually be Tilith once she gets her 6* and she cant even equip weapons in the first place and doesn't scale much at all with SPR

And even then my highest rated offensive units I have are Agrias (I have like 5), and if I can get 3 fully geared and enhanced up, even without using dual wield, I'd still be clearing things super fast while being literally unkillable.

• Locked thread