Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

LethalGeek posted:

Hoooooooly poo poo

My co-workers are asking what I'm grinning and quietly chuckling at. I wanna see that trashy tattoo so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

If I had to guess, it's some of the really stupid/crazy ones like breast inflation, tit... guns? ... hyperballs?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Mirthless posted:

"It's technically legal" shouldn't be a qualifier you have to add to a sexual encounter use to explain why you're taking this busta-rear end dog on the bullet train to Hurtsville, Painlandia, Population, this dog.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Do not get a tattoo of your naked girlfriend showing off her flesh flower ever

In fact, never get a tattoo of anything referencing your partner because it is a terribly doomed, naive idea.

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pick posted:

If I had to guess, it's some of the really stupid/crazy ones like breast inflation, tit... guns? ... hyperballs?

She says that she can't fulfill it but other girls could, so its probably giant boobs or Asian girls or something.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
i wonder if he's ever "ironically" expressed the sentiment that 3d girls are pig disgusting around his girlfriend

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Mirthless posted:

c'mon lady you can't tell us you have a problem with his kinks and then refuse to tell us what they are :colbert:

anime is involved and it's "too obvious" so pedo poo poo and asians I'm guessing?

She says "physically impossible" so I'm going with "being 2D".

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

In fact, never get a tattoo of anything referencing your partner because it is a terribly doomed, naive idea.

I think this would be a cool thing for some weird grandparents to do after they've been married 40+ years and have lost the parts of their brains that feel shame to the waves of time

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
anime: :redflag:
"logic": :redflag:
diapers: :redflag:
league of legends: :redflag:
impossible fetish: :redflag:
musician: :redflag:

I'm thinking of all the classics and it amazes me that probably tens of thousands of people check every box

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Do not get a tattoo of your naked girlfriend showing off her flesh flower ever

Out of curiosity, what romance novel did you pull that phrase out of?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

tight aspirations posted:

She says "physically impossible" so I'm going with "being 2D".

they could totally resolve this by just cutting some holes in a body pillow and playing the audio track from one of his japanese animes!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

all he really wants is for her to break down and scream "NOTICE ME SEMPAI!" at him

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Gloryhold It! posted:

Out of curiosity, what romance novel did you pull that phrase out of?

I prefer altar of love or rubyfruit, personally.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Let's be honest here, anime guy and his girlfriend were both lonely and settled for each other and this is the result. She will never be an anime and he will never be a non-disgusting human. This is just the latest in what will be a long string of disappointments as both of them realize their place in the universe.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

I prefer altar of love or rubyfruit, personally.

I'm quite partial to "sex", quivering or non

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

this is now the official something-awful man-versus-dog combat thread

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
shout out to the poster who carried around a claw hammer to murder stray dogs

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Gloryhold It! posted:

I'm quite partial to "sex", quivering or non

Don't forget glistening and throbbing, which must always come with quivering.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7NvzRMnwUg

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

I think this would be cute if they hadn't been dating for only a year

Oh Mirthless, never change.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Just wondered whether anyone could help me work out if the man I was dating possibly has aspergers, and if this may be the reason that I was given very mixed messages?

Both of us are in our forties and have had a lot of serious health problems in the past few years since we met at a mutual friend's wedding five years ago.

When I first met 'Tom' at this wedding I thought what a lovely man, I'd really like to have someone like him in my life instead of the arrogant extroverts that I usually seem to end up dating. We got to know each other over the next few years when we bumped into each other on the same train ride to work occasionally. He worked in computing.

The overriding impression I got was that he was kind, gentle, and friendly, plus very intelligent. He always paid attention to me, making sure that I was comfortable or listening to any problems I had. I felt like I was taking advantage of his good nature, but he insisted it was fine, and said he liked to help people. He had a slightly strange way of greeting me, and others. I thought that maybe he was a buddhist.

Fast forward to two years ago, and both of us had to have hospital treatment for serious physical illnesses. We met up again about a year ago on the train and just let each other know what we had been going through. We arranged to meet up for a drink sometime, but nothing definite. Fast forward to six months ago, and he asked me out for a drink near where we both work. It was nice, but I didn't take it as anything other than a friendly meeting.

He is an unusual man, or seemed so to me, almost eccentric, but I come from a background where the unconventional is embraced, so it didn't seem problematic to me in any way. I genuinely liked him, and found his conversations interesting, although sometimes I struggled to understand him as he could speak very quietly, and as I said is very bright. I'm pretty bright too, but he talks about scientific issues more, which isn't really my background.

For the next month we met a few times for coffee, usually at his instigation. Again I thought he was just being friendly. Then one day, I just thought, actually maybe he likes me in more of a dating than friendship way. So I asked him if he'd like to do something one evening like go to a comedy show or something. He was enthusiastic and suggested that we meet again for coffee and plan what to do. We did, we went for dinner. Both of us seemed a bit shy, but after a few drinks we both felt more at ease and revealed 'too much' I suspect about our past relationships.

His relationships seemed to involve mainly getting together with women for sexual intimacy, rather than planning lives together. He hadn't lived with a woman for a very long time, since his first serious girlfriend had cheated on him many times before leaving him. He told me that he hadn't liked his last girlfriend, who was younger than him, but he felt he couldn't easily break off the relationship although he should have.

I thought that was a bit of an odd thing to say, but let it pass. He also told me that the girlfriend that he had been with when he was ill had left him and then returned when he was better. I told him that I thought that wasn't nice, but he didn't seem too affected by it, or by the girlfriend who had cheated on him.

Anyway, things progressed between us much too quickly into a relationship. I think my health issues made me feel more impulsive than I have been in the past. I wanted to enjoy and live life and not wait. Plus I couldn't believe my luck, this man who I had wanted in my life, now really was. I had just assumed that I wasn't his type, or he had a girlfriend. It actually seems that he must have had girlfriends during those five years, but he never mentioned anyone. I liked him a great deal, we had good conversations, although he thought I was a bit too lively and argumentative, especially in the evening when he liked to drink beer and watch a film, or science fiction series. He was sexually very active, and seemed to want to be experimental, always placing an emphasis on trying to discover what I liked, although he admitted that this enabled him to feel turned on. He did surprise me however when he told me that he had been studying books on technique. He seemed impressed that I knew a lot about art. We both have very creative friends, but I'd say that mine are perhaps more political than his who tend to be more New Age.

So we dated for a six weeks. I stayed over at his house mainly as I live with a flatmate. One evening when we were apart, I felt a bit 'rattled' that he hadn't texted me good night, so I sent a text saying that I'd like it if he did as it made me feel like he wasn't interested. I apologized for being 'needy' as he had already told me that he liked a lot of space to concentrate on his work and found texts and social media 'trivial'. This also extended to talking on the phone.

He seemed ok when he answered my text, but when I sent another trying to explain why I had felt the need to ask for him to text me more often, he sent a text back the following morning asking me to come to his house as it was an issue that was upsetting me so we needed to work it out. I arrived at his house expecting a conversation, but I seemed to just get a monologue about how there was a problem between our communication styles and that he felt he would lose respect for me. He suggested that we only meet at weekends, or one evening a week, or possibly return to being friends and seeing what happened.

I think I was shocked so reacted to this by saying that I didn't think any of his ideas were good. I couldn't see why this 'problem' had suddenly developed and why this meant seeing each other less. A few days later in a text he said that he had just been suggesting lesser contact for a couple of busy work weeks, but my response had made him no longer want to see me at all!. Anyway, our 'discussion' lasted for five hours, and to be honest I can't remember much of what was said. He seemed like a very different person, very serious, not much facial expression etc. He eventually asked me to leave. I felt that he wouldn't listen to me anyway. It was like talking to a brick wall.

I tried to contact him to talk about what had happened and why he felt that he would lose respect for me, but he just refused,saying that he had explained everything to me, and that he had decided that the relationship wouldn't work. The evening that I was asked to leave, he went to a friend's party. A friend that he told me that he had fancied, but had decided was unsuitable. Again, an odd thing to tell me, during the first week of our relationship, when he said that he would be going to this party but wouldn't invite me in case of any confrontation between me an her, as we were both quite outspoken apparently. I thought this was a bit ridiculous and made flippant comments at the time, I also found it a little hurtful that he didn't want me to meet his friends, but I was trying not to be possessive, so didn't object, plus I had my own friends to see that night at a music event.

In one of his first e-mails to me a few days later, he suggested meeting occasionally as friends, however I said that I still wanted to discuss and understand why the relationship ended so abruptly. His response was angry, telling me that friendship was now out of the question and not to contact him ever again.

Any ideas about this? It really does seem very odd still, even a few months on. I genuinely liked him, yet overnight he seemed to go from this gentle and intelligent character, although more extrovert in the bedroom, to this unemotional and cold person. But I know I didn't imagine the original 'courtship', sweet texts and so on, plus comments about having liked and fancied me for years, and being afraid that nothing would ever develop. he'd also given me a set of keys to his house a week into the relationship and told people that I was his girlfriend, as well as wanting to hold my hand in public where his colleagues, and mine could see. I found this a little odd.

In 'his' break-up discussion that day, he did mention that I was physically strong, and sometimes made him feel physically 'trapped' and took over his place on his sofa, plus I had disrupted his eating habits, plus his morning workday routine etc., and giving me his keys was to actually encourage me to stay in bed and leave after him so as to not disturb his routine! I had no idea that he had felt this way as he kept saying he just wanted me to be happy and do whatever I liked. True, he had quietly asked a couple of times if I didn't have things to do in my own flat, but when I asked him if he wanted me to go, he always said no.

I'd be grateful if anyone could shed light on any this. I really am very confused, and sad about the way that this relationship turned out. I thought that maybe he has aspergers as I told this story to a friend who's son has aspergers and she mentioned that some of the traits seemed very similar. I suppose what seems odd to me are the extremes of really liking me and planning ahead etc., and then seeming completely indifferent and angry. I don't date often, and am still recovering from illness so maybe I'm just unused to the behaviour of some men, or perhaps he felt overwhelmed, who knows. I miss my friend though, or at least the person I thought he was.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

WampaLord posted:

Oh Mirthless, never change.

c'mon, I already addressed that I was being dumb a page ago:

Mirthless posted:

yeah, I guess after getting on somebody for skimming, I'm guilty of skimming too

I missed the part where she was spread eagle and I just assumed it was a pin-up style shot. Definitely gross. Sorry everybody.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Don't forget glistening and throbbing, which must always come with quivering.

I thought it was members that throbbed

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Gloryhold It! posted:

Anything can throb If you smack it hard enough.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Cthulu Carl posted:

Anything can throb If you smack it hard enough.

that dog over there is throbbing

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mirthless posted:

c'mon, I already addressed that I was being dumb a page ago:

Even if you were right, it's still not "cute" because he plays his shows shirtless.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I [33m] can't get this bitch [2f canine] to acknowledge my presence. Should I karate chop her in the neck?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
You don't have to beat up golden retrievers, they just want a ball or a treat or attention.
That's it that's the entirety of their thought process.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

wow this lady is clingy

maybe he has asperger's but, lol, you've been together six weeks and you're acting like this????

it sounds like she just moved herself into his apartment as soon as they slept together, lol

WampaLord posted:

Even if you were right, it's still not "cute" because he plays his shows shirtless.

lol, stop trying to make a derail happen WampaLord, I already admitted I was wrong and backed down

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Gloryhold It! posted:

Pretty sure you've haven't read enough excerpts of terrible romance novels before. "Her throbbing clitoris" is a very common dumb as hell cliche.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Pretty sure you've haven't read enough excerpts of terrible romance novels before. "Her throbbing clitoris" is a very common dumb as hell cliche.

P sure Chyna could have had her clitoris accurately described as "throbbing" at some point in her career.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
What does she mean by "extroverted in the bedroom"

I keep thinking it means he likes to talk and spark up conversations with strangers while having sex. Maybe do a little networking

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
W E D D I N G S

quote:

I've been with Tyson[26M] for seven years and we got engaged late 2016. We've both agreed on a semi-long engagement and a budget wedding. We're both minimalists and are also saving for a house.

To give you an idea of how minimalist this wedding will be, our plan is to go to the courthouse, get married and just throw a big party afterwards, which is what we would be spending most of our budget on. No poofy white dress, suits, bucks/hens parties, bridesmaids/groomsmen, fancy venues. Nothing like that.

While I'm happy being out of the spotlight, my best friend, Mabel, is the complete opposite. In high school she was a dancer, actor, singer and loved being the center of attention and she admits this! Whereas I was the artsy kid who made props for the stage and did lighting and sound. She's eccentric, bubbly, and loves big lavish events.

Which is where all the tension comes in.

When I told Mabel that Tyson and I got engaged, she was over the moon and instantly wanted to go looking at dresses, venues, and start planning. I told her that it was a long engagement and that we had plenty of time and she huffed a bit, but that was understandable - she was just excited for me.

The next issue was bridesmaids. Mabel instantly assumed that she'd be a bridesmaid/maid of honor. If our wedding was going to be a huge, fancy event then of course I'd have bridesmaids, but because we want to save money I told her that the event will be small. Like, get married at the courthouse, kind of small. Apparently this was not okay with Mabel.

Just some texts she's sent regarding the matter:

"I know u said u only want a small wedding but is that what u rly want?"

"What if u regret having a small wedding? I think one day u'll regret it."

"Where do I come into this?"

"You HAVE to have a wedding!!!" Which pissed me off. I AM HAVING A WEDDING. It's just not the wedding that Mabel is dreaming of for me. It's the wedding that I want.

"I can't let my bff throw away a once in a lifetime event in a courthouse!!!"

"[Insert pictures of poofy wedding dresses here]"

"There's a beautiful vineyard nearby for ur wedding, lets go check it out this weekend!"

"So no bridesmaids? What am I supposed to do?"

"[More pictures of dresses]"

I've already picked out my dress. It's the dress that I wore to my high school formal, which I attended with Tyson. Mabel knows this, but she tells me that wedding dresses HAVE to be white. My dress is a cream color. It's not out of style or anything either, but it is beautiful and in my eyes, unique, which is why I want to wear it at my wedding.

Mabel is single, and has always been happy being single. But ever since I got engaged, she's been sharing things on Facebook about how weddings should be big and lavish with every man and his dog in attendance. One of her aunts commented something to the effect of "I had a big wedding and honestly I don't think me and hubs would have lasted as a couple if we had a tiny one. Big weddings solidify the relationship." to which Mabel replied "Soooo true aunty ____". This pissed me off but when Mabel asked if I had seen anything she had shared lately, I just told her I hadn't been on Facebook.

This is getting long, but I'm so close to uninviting her just to make a point.

tl;dr: How do I get my best friend to back off about my wedding?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

might want to get that looked at by a doctor

Psycho Society posted:

I keep thinking it means he likes to talk and spark up conversations with strangers while having sex. Maybe do a little networking

she can't get horny unless there's like 30 people in the room

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Feb 28, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Psycho Society posted:

INTJ in the streets, ESTJ in the sheets

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pvt.Scott posted:

It's never too early to begin riding horses. Nomad life.
NO! Don't fall into the horse life. That path leads to craziness.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Fullhouse posted:

INTJ in the streets, ESTJ in the sheets

I'm a hufflepuff during sexytimes

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

NO! Don't fall into the horse life. That path leads to craziness.

Old enough to neigh, old enough to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

He doesn't gently caress like he's afraid of vaginas. That's probably extroverted sex.