Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Main Paineframe posted:

it'd be cool if reporters would stop playing along with anonymous briefings

No, not like leaks or anything like that, literal fully-authorized on-the-record briefings that reporters are only allowed into if they promise they won't reveal the identities of the officials giving them

https://twitter.com/jayrosen_nyu/status/836225284902903810

https://twitter.com/jayrosen_nyu/status/836231592779472897

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mariana Horchata posted:

nerves of fkn steel right there

Liberté, égalité, fraternité

also nice contrast our tough guy pres

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngt9YlBZSdg

Holy poo poo you ain't kidding. Dude looks over with mild annoyance like the gunshot was a heckler.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zegermans posted:

Basically. I'll never understand the "economic anxiety" argument for the rust belt union voter that just voted to strip his own collective bargaining rights and against his own pocketbook.

It's a convenient argument to avoid the alternative; it was all about racism and xenophobia. If Trump does nothing about jobs and infrastructure improvements, which create jobs, especially in those states that need them the most, then we have to face the reality that Trump won to Make "White" America Great Again.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

zegermans posted:

Basically. I'll never understand the "economic anxiety" argument for the rust belt union voter that just voted to strip his own collective bargaining rights and against his own pocketbook.

it was the same economic anxiety that blue collar union guys had when they voted for reagan

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's important to be seen asking questions even if the answers are useless bullshit.

Especially when you compile literal years worth of video footage of a president acting/speaking like an angry ineffectual 3rd grader.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/sarahclazarus/status/836286479596945410

lol

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

FAUXTON posted:

Holy poo poo you ain't kidding. Dude looks over with mild annoyance like the gunshot was a heckler.

yea plus look up his ex-wife...perhaps François has more je ne sais quoi than i suspected

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Especially when you compile literal years worth of video footage of a president acting/speaking like an angry ineffectual 3rd grader.
This is actually a Trump campaign ad. This is what America likes about him.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/BronzeHammer/status/836599486898192386

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

FactsAreUseless posted:

This is why we can't have good things.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
*Technical Difficulties*

Ragequit fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 28, 2017

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

that portrait's beggin' for an eggin'

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

This is why we can't have good things.
Sing along with me, folks

Ev-er-y A-mer-i-can is... gar-bage!

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Lmao, don't forget her and Jared have been doing their best and every bad thing foiled or not happening is because they said something!

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Darkman Fanpage posted:

that portrait's beggin' for an eggin'

i'd go with drawing a stache on it

not too big though, maybe to the corners of the nose

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's a pity Spitting Image isn't around anymore, because we're basically begging for an American-themed remake of "I've Never Met a Nice South African."

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

FactsAreUseless posted:

Its a few pages early but Hail Satan anyway.

Big Fat Iguana
Aug 21, 2016

remember. and never lie.

Gringostar posted:

i'd go with drawing a stache on it

not too big though, maybe to the corners of the nose

I get it, Charlie Chaplin !

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

im not sure that forums user My Moms Penis isn't trolling her/himself but okay i'll just post

My Moms Penis posted:

It kind of sucks that the backlash against the Kellyanne picture is rightfully critical of her disrespect of black leaders while still being rooted in puritanical and patriarchal sexism.

My point was that you don't know this and no one can.

I, too, have taken sociology courses. I realize that sexism and patriarchy are everywhere. I don't think it's worthwhile to say "HAVE YOU CONSIDERED HOW YOUR RIGHTFUL DERISION IS ACTUALLY SEXIST?"

If patriarchy's grabby tentacles reach into every crevice of society, there are gonna be times when calling out the sexism is pointless and redundant and serves only to deflate criticism. This, in the opinion of a 24 year old male (thank you for divining my gender and sex by the way, I super duper appreciate it!) on the internet who is wrong in most things, is one of those times. There's a far more plausible and palpable reason for this backlash, as you point out too.

By invoking a sexist root you can't prove except by its omnipresence, you only lessen the effectiveness of the racial criticism: People On The Left especially go out of their way to not appear sexist. Call the critique sexist enough and suddenly it doesn't work anymore.

This is a cousin to the kind of concern trolling that those people use when they're going on about how women in Saudi Arabia can't drive and that means that there's no point in fighting for women's rights here while such injustices exist--except maybe you aren't trolling??

Also, just on its face, it's a funny loving picture.

*shrinks gayly into a corncob*

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Big Fat Iguana posted:

I get it, Charlie Chaplin !

:yeah:

trump is a clown

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

subtl

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
why don't you piss about it

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i dont give a poo poo about how Kellyanne Conway is being disrespectful or slatternly or whatever the scandal is, its a funny position and it amuses me

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
sometimes i do wonder if jared knows that donald has been screwing his wife or if he's like dale gribble oblivious

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

it's nasty to put your shoes on the couch

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

FactsAreUseless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Re6pZri8Gw

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
gdi Kells, were u raised in a dang barn? are we going to have to put plastic on all the Oval Office furniture like grandmas living room?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Trapezound posted:

im not sure that forums user My Moms Penis isn't trolling her/himself but okay i'll just post

I hear his mom is a real dick.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

gdi Kells, were u raised in a dang barn? are we going to have to put plastic on all the Oval Office furniture like grandmas living room?

trumps grinnin he d g a f

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

paranoid randroid posted:

i think she misunderstood why all the men were in the office

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

SpaceGoku posted:

it's nasty to put your shoes on the couch

Its also nasty to put Kellyanne on your couch.

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trapezound posted:

My point was that you don't know this and no one can.

I, too, have taken sociology courses. I realize that sexism and patriarchy are everywhere. I don't think it's worthwhile to say "HAVE YOU CONSIDERED HOW YOUR RIGHTFUL DERISION IS ACTUALLY SEXIST?"

If patriarchy's grabby tentacles reach into every crevice of society, there are gonna be times when calling out the sexism is pointless and redundant and serves only to deflate criticism. This, in the opinion of a 24 year old male (thank you for divining my gender and sex by the way, I super duper appreciate it!) on the internet who is wrong in most things, is one of those times. There's a far more plausible and palpable reason for this backlash, as you point out too.

By invoking a sexist root you can't prove except by its omnipresence, you only lessen the effectiveness of the racial criticism: People On The Left especially go out of their way to not appear sexist. Call the critique sexist enough and suddenly it doesn't work anymore.

This is a cousin to the kind of concern trolling that those people use when they're going on about how women in Saudi Arabia can't drive and that means that there's no point in fighting for women's rights here while such injustices exist--except maybe you aren't trolling??

Also, just on its face, it's a funny loving picture.

This is a perfect summary of why feminism is bullshit. The patriarchy has already won in such a way that usurping is all but impossible. Team dicks wins and so the rules of the world are decided by team dicks. You can either play by those rules or cuckold yourself in the name of a justice that will never come.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

DrPlump posted:

This is a perfect summary of why feminism is bullshit. The patriarchy has already won in such a way that usurping is all but impossible. Team dicks wins and so the rules of the world are decided by team dicks. You can either play by those rules or cuckold yourself in the name of a justice that will never come.

oh word

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Trump gonna win

https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/836639460225871872

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

DrPlump posted:

shut the gently caress up

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i am am misogynist who hates women and because of this i only date superior, beautiful (asian, preferably nipponese) trans women because men are better at everything including being women.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

DrPlump posted:

forums user doctor plump

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
It's getting very day crew in here.

Here's an Alex Jones video

https://youtu.be/xVUyQC7AE0Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?
im continuously surprised that plump doesn't eat a long probie or a ban

i mean, i'm a useless shitposter/stirrer in the dem thread and (at best) bring tidbits of kentucky bullshit news in this thread so i'm not a forums superstar or whatever

but jfc, that guy

• Locked thread