Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

SKULL.GIF posted:

was looking up Patriots cap room to reply to this and I noticed Brady is being paid 1 million dollars for 2017.

Apparently the Patriots have 60 million in cap space? Putting down 5/year for two seasons of Adrian Peterson seems fine to me, especially since Brady's heading into his final several seasons.

What does AP offer them at 32 years old and 5 million a year that Blount/White/Lewis don't at the same price?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hightower might be gone as well.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/836660734608228352

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

kiimo posted:

Charles is destined for the Pats.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Every free agent is headed to the Pats every single year.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Get on the phone Titans

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

I hope KC takes a run at Hightower even though he will probably be too expensive, ILB is a wasteland right now

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I hope KC takes a run at Hightower even though he will probably be too expensive, ILB is a wasteland right now

That's what I was thinking, but the space cleared by declining to keep Foles and cutting Charles will be immediately hoovered up by tagging Poe because of course we're going to trip on our dicks in some way.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

When was the last time the Patriots signed a "top" free agent? Adalius Thomas?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

No Butt Stuff posted:

That's what I was thinking, but the space cleared by declining to keep Foles and cutting Charles will be immediately hoovered up by tagging Poe because of course we're going to trip on our dicks in some way.

Tagging Poe is a mistake. I feel like KC kinda ran him into the ground by playing him so much, he's deteriorated year over year. Bailey/Howard were re-signed last season and Chris Jones is around.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I agree wholeheartedly.

But that doesn't matter, because hurr he scores touchdowns, please dorsey don't do this.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

DariusLikewise posted:

When was the last time the Patriots signed a "top" free agent? Adalius Thomas?

Revis

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Would really like the Dolphins to make a run at Hightower if they're not going to bring back Stills.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hightower loving owns and any team should be glad to have him. He's made game saving ridiculous plays in the last two superbowls. He stopped Marshawn Lynch at the goal line to setup the Butler int play and had the strip sack on Matt Ryan.

I bet he signs for an incredible amount of money in Cleveland.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I agree wholeheartedly.

But that doesn't matter, because hurr he scores touchdowns, please dorsey don't do this.

I mean if Dorsey was going to make decisions based on fan favorites Jamaal Charles would have been extended to lower his cap hit.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

I mean if Dorsey was going to make decisions based on fan favorites Jamaal Charles would have been extended to lower his cap hit.

I don't think he'd be acting on a fan favorite. He's clearly a coaches favorite too, given his motor and his use at the goal line.

I just don't think he's worth 14M.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Would really like the Dolphins to make a run at Hightower if they're not going to bring back Stills.

Philly is supposedly offering Stills 12 a year for 4 years

He's gone. I like Hightower at 8 per but honestly these prices of FAs... woof. Especially ones who are pretty poo poo outside of the Pats system

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hightower will not be $8m per year, he will likely be around or a bit north of Kuechly's $12m a year (he's not quite as good as Kuechly, but that's also a 2 year old contract).

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Kalli posted:

Hightower will not be $8m per year, he will likely be around or a bit north of Kuechly's $12m a year (he's not quite as good as Kuechly, but that's also a 2 year old contract).

Yeah. FA prices this season are crazy

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Gonna miss Hightower :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I do not want Hightower. We need too many things to spend that much on one guy.

Same reason it's okay to let Stills walk.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

kiimo posted:

Charles is destined for the Pats.

Eh. Dion Lewis already does everything for them that they'd want from Charles

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

Eh. Dion Lewis already does everything for them that they'd want from Charles

You need two of them to last a season though apparently.

Or three.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Amy Pole Her posted:

He's gone.

Source?

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
I remember when Chandler Jones, Collins and Hightower were coming up as FAs the same year and we were wondering which of them we'd keep.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'd rather get a linebacker than keep a brokebacker.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Does New England even have a contingency plan for losing Hightower at ILB? Also, this better mean they plan to pay Malcolm Butler or Logan Ryan.

E: Schefter says the Pats are still going to try and keep him, at least. Would be nice not to lose him.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/836678999304781825

I'm going to be sad if we lose 50's private eye JACK DOYLE.

He's really the Colts best TE because Allen just collects money and gets hurt. That said, it wouldn't be the best decision to give him big money.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Amy Pole Her posted:

He's gone. I like Hightower at 8 per but honestly these prices of FAs... woof. Especially ones who are pretty poo poo outside of the Pats system

Not true. It's just word that Stills' market value is at $12 million (which is gross, he's not that good). And Philly wants speed.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
I have this awful sinking feeling that the Browns are going to Mitchell Swartz up the Terrell Pryor deal. Goddamnit.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I remember when Chandler Jones, Collins and Hightower were coming up as FAs the same year and we were wondering which of them we'd keep.

I remember everyone saying that it was okay to get rid of Jones because they had to save money to re-sign Collins and Hightower. LMAO

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

warcrimes posted:

I remember everyone saying that it was okay to get rid of Jones because they had to save money to re-sign Collins and Hightower. LMAO

I'd complain but I know they're going to spend the money and won the Superbowl, so whatever, it'll work out.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Florio is pulling poo poo out of his rear end about the redskins again.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

warcrimes posted:

If only the Patriots constant refusal to pay their good players actually made them lose every now and then :sigh:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Gonna miss Hightower :(

Yeah, RIP Bubba Smith, taken from us too soon :smith:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

warcrimes posted:

I remember the Lost Season of 2016 well, really killed the dream losing those two.

Intruder posted:

If only the Patriots constant refusal to pay their good players actually made them lose every now and then :sigh:

When they let Welker walk and had to give meaningful playing time to Aaron Dobson and Kenbrell Thompkins it was kind of a mess... as 12-4 seasons go, anyway. :v:

I think that spawned the original :qq: LOST SEASON :qq: meltdown here.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jared Odrick visited the Patriots and passed a physical.

That could be cool.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
gently caress's sake

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

If you want to know who the Patriots are going to sign just take the bottom 10 players off any "Top 100 NFL Free Agents" list

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Maybe the Chargers can sign Charles or Peterson and cut Gordon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

a neat cape posted:

Maybe the Chargers can sign Charles or Peterson and cut Gordon

Charles and Peterson are both over 30 and both are probably dead.

• Locked thread