Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
He should turn misleading tweets into his thing.

Edit: Hey, new page. Ummm...someone is going to throw a poo poo ton of money at Alshon Jeffery and be super annoyed when he spends half his contract injured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

There is nothing special about a new page, friend. You don't have to edit your reply.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

fishing with the fam posted:

Edit: Hey, new page. Ummm...someone is going to throw a poo poo ton of money at Alshon Jeffery and be super annoyed when he spends half his contract injured.

Step on down the 2017 Philadelphia Eagles....

Also really? no Derek for new page?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
derek lokey thicc

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Grittybeard posted:

The other thing I'd be ok with at the moment is if Watson falls all the way to the Chiefs pick, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

You want to replace Alex Smith with Young Alex Smith?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Omfg if we lose Cousins.....

What the gently caress Washington! I hate this team.

:suicide:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sheldon Richardson and #6 overall for Cousins make it happen Macc.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

fishing with the fam posted:

Mariota2Alshon

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Spoeank posted:

Mariota2Alshon

2QUESTIONABLE:HAMSTRING

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/836625461119692800

pleeeease

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Vikings got him in the nuts once they noticed

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/836626106790854657

CowboyKid
May 29, 2008
Where's Peterson end up?

Packers?

Patriots?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Will the factory of sadness claim another victim?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Fuckin' see ya.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

CowboyKid posted:

Where's Peterson end up?

Packers?

Patriots?

I could see Peterson wanting to play for a contender, but not at the pittance the Patriots will offer him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DNS posted:

You want to replace Alex Smith with Young Alex Smith?

No not particularly, but I have some amount of faith in Andy Reid (despite his love of Alex) and if they take Watson it's because Reid buys into him.

I'd feel a lot better if this tweet was by anyone else. Aside from maybe Incarcerated Bob.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/836642093917483008

Agreed, gently caress La Canfora.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Peterson needs money, he's going to whoever pays him the most.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Aaaand Washington just placed the Exclusive tag on Kirk.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Sweet :woop:

e: About Berry

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Well the good news is that the Colts won't be able to overpay a pass rusher because none of them will be on the market.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ha!

I'd say if I were Cousins I'd be pissed, but $24 million.

e: guess he's, indeed, not that pissed.

https://twitter.com/KirkCousins8/status/836643856951148544

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Ha!

I'd say if I were Cousins I'd be pissed, but $24 million.

A long term deal would probably pay Cousins like $20+ million per, so I can see why you just say gently caress it and franchise him again.

But yeah, Kirk deserves to be pissed.... about getting more money then just about any NFL player is actually guaranteed.

Though as long as Washington re-signs their weapons, he's in pretty much the best chance to succeed and demand even more money next year now.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Kalli posted:

A long term deal would probably pay Cousins like $20+ million per, so I can see why you just say gently caress it and franchise him again.

Except the franchise tag again next year would pay him $28.8m, and they can't afford that, so Washington has no negotiating leverage with him left in order to get a discount over his FA deal next year. Hell, since he wants to go to SF, they have to pay more.

They didn't have any leverage once he was willing to take the tag, but now it's official.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm talking about why they franchised him for this year.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Vikings stadium is murdering a whole bunch of birds, as absolutely nobody could have predicted. Abolish the Vikings.

http://www.citypages.com/news/us-bank-stadium-is-a-bird-killing-machine/414865323

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Chief are releasing Jamaal Charles, very sad....

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Chief are releasing Jamaal Charles, very sad....

As happy as I am about locking Berry up I'm equally sad about this. It probably needed to be done but goddamn he was amazing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Shangri-Law School posted:

The Vikings stadium is murdering a whole bunch of birds, as absolutely nobody could have predicted. Abolish the Vikings.

http://www.citypages.com/news/us-bank-stadium-is-a-bird-killing-machine/414865323
A fate worse than plunging into Boise State's turf

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2017/02/27/colts-defensive-lineman-david-parry-arrested-arizona/98507834/

This may be the lamest off season crime ever. Colts step up your game where are the sex party boats?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Grittybeard posted:

As happy as I am about locking Berry up I'm equally sad about this. It probably needed to be done but goddamn he was amazing.

and yet somehow still underrated, thanks to some just terrible injury luck. His 2012 was one of the best seasons ever put up by a RB but it too will be forgotten because of the low TD count (5), despite the insane feat of averaging 6.4 YPC on 230 carries.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Jamaal Charles has the best YPC ever and never had a season under 5.0 and that's a really good stat, but what made him even more amazing is that he was really great at all RB duties. Amazing blitz picker-upper, one of the best receiving backs (his 4 TD 200 yard receiving game against the Raiders 2 years ago is still one of my favorite sports memories), and he was equally good at running between the tackles as outside. Really complete, elite back.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Elephanthead posted:

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2017/02/27/colts-defensive-lineman-david-parry-arrested-arizona/98507834/

This may be the lamest off season crime ever. Colts step up your game where are the sex party boats?

Drunken swims in canals and Golf cart jackings.

Indy does it Moderate Style with crime.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Athanatos posted:

Drunken swims in canals and Golf cart jackings.

Indy does it Moderate Style with crime.

The part where Parry hosed up was assaulting someone. Now if he just stole the cart and was drunk, that would be hilarious. But hitting someone isn't cool.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

CyberPingu posted:

Will the factory of sadness claim another victim?

We put a 2nd round tender on our RFA starter. He's actually a solid dude so incredibly doubtful that we drop cash for Peterson.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
RB is not a position of need for the Browns, given how solid Crowell has looked. Of course, browns organization, clown car, whatever. But they need basically every other position before RB and have eight boatloads of cash to hand out so I doubt Peterson gets a second look in Cleveland

Watch me be wrong

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hey you know who has opinions? Bill Polian has thoughts that he'd like to share on TO and Randy Moss's hall of fame chances

quote:

“I take neither,” he said. “First of all, here’s my position: (I want players who) contribute both individually and to the team. T.O.’s situation, T.O.’s temperament, his ability to contribute to the team was well known up front. He was going to be a problem. We did not want to deal with problem children. Others may. We didn’t.

“That’s number one. Number two, every year in Indianapolis we said the following: ‘The price of admission is 100 percent effort all the time in everything we do.’ Well, how can we take Randy Moss when we make that statement? It’s that simple.”

---

Furthermore, where effort was never questioned with Owens, it was with Moss — with Hall-of-Famer Jerry Rice once saying that watching someone as talented as Moss not always give 100 percent was “hard for me to swallow.” Nevertheless, like Owens, Moss is expected to reach Canton — maybe not as a first-ballot choice but soon.

“I think they will, unfortunately in my view,” said Polian, “because whether you like it or not. these ‘electoral campaigns’ have a way of swinging people. In my view, and I said this publicly last year, I think the Hall of Fames are for people who make their teams better, not who detract from them.

“Now, T.O. was a bigger detractor over his career than Moss, but you certainly wouldn’t call (Moss’ attitude) any harbinger or example of what you want in a football player other than when he decided to play. ‘I play when I play.’ I don’t buy it.”

TO and Moss are #2 and 3 in career receiving yards for the record.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
bill polian can gently caress off

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eli Wiggum posted:

bill polian can gently caress off

so can randy moss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU