Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Chromatic posted:

15 td and 7 interceptions.

Any team should be looking to do better when an 11 year vet puts up those numbers.

Those are only two numbers and they're not even that bad! The others are pretty solid and your team has gone to the playoffs the past two seasons.

Live that Texans or Jets or Browns or pre-Tyrod Bills life for a few seasons and see how it feels!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Adjusted.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

There was no way they were bringing in Romo. Who else was going to start?

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Mike Glennon.

No seriously, you're right.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I wouldn't get pissed yet. I think they're going to draft a QB.

Now if they go all Thursday, Friday without taking one than yeah get pissed off.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Now if they go all Thursday, Friday without taking one than yeah get pissed off.

They won't do anything we want and it will turn out okay and we will maybe win one playoff game but probably win 9 and miss the playoffs.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

LiquidFriend posted:

Andy will draft some interesting prospect that looks good for two games and trade them to Arizona. Is that really any better?

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

MrLogan posted:

Chargers won't be as injured

That'll be the day.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chiefs apparently in a push to sign Berry before the tag deadline.

Hoping this means we get him and still don't tag Poe. Not sure that number but I'm sure he's not worth taking that flyer.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

With Frenchman taking a much larger cap hit and Berry likely getting quite overpaid, I don't see how they can afford to franchise Poe without some.major contract restructuring.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

With Frenchman taking a much larger cap hit and Berry likely getting quite overpaid, I don't see how they can afford to franchise Poe without some.major contract restructuring.

I do not want to franchise Poe.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

I do not want to franchise Poe.
I'd rather they let him walk too. I feel they could get more value from a traditional nose like Logan at half the price and play Jones in his spot in sub packages.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chromatic posted:

Mike Glennon.

No seriously, you're right.

I feel bad for anyone who signs him to compete for a starter job. But I hope he gets that money so the Bucs can get a sweet, sweet comp pick.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I remember when Poe was like the strongest man that ever lived during the Combine.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

wandler20 posted:

I feel bad for anyone who signs him to compete for a starter job. But I hope he gets that money so the Bucs can get a sweet, sweet comp pick.

He's going to be the next Tyrod Taylor. :colbert:

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

89 posted:

I remember when Poe was like the strongest man that ever lived during the Combine.

Back injuries ain't nothing to gently caress with, especially for a huge man like him.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

quote:

According to ABC 15 in Arizona, Colts nose tackle David Parry was arrested over the weekend in Scottsdale, Arizona “on suspicion of DUI, theft, robbery, criminal damage and resisting arrest.”

The Indianapolis Star reported that apparently Parry and a few others were picked up in a cart from a bar, but when the victim went to collect payment he said Parry hit him in the back of the head and took off driving the cart. The cart was apparently found crashed into a gate and Parry was apparently found drunk on the sidewalk.

Good job Parry!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I hope by cart, they mean shopping cart.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

LiquidFriend posted:

I hope by cart, they mean shopping cart.

Apparently it was some sort of golf cart taxi.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Getting a DUI and a felony from stealing and wrecking a shopping cart would be a hell lot cooler.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Watched a lot of patrick mahones footage from draftbreakdown.com last night before bed. I'm all in on drafting him now.

Now someone tell me how i'm either wrong, he sucks, or he won't be around by the time the Chiefs pick him.

Also, draftbreakdown is great.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

What the gently caress is going on here

quote:

ESPN's John Keim reports the 49ers are the only team Kirk Cousins is willing to sign a long-term contract with "right now."

Keim adds Washington will likely try to trade Cousins as there is a slim chance the two sides work out a deal, but this report puts a serious dent in his trade market. Teams are not going to give up any significant trade chips without assurances Cousins will agree to a long-term deal when he gets there, and it seems clear the quarterback's ultimate goal is to reunite with old OC and new 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan in 2018 if not sooner. Washington has bungled this situation from the start, and it does not look like it will get any better anytime soon.

Washington imploding is as unsurprising as anyone wanting to go to san francisco is surprising.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

He wants to play for a coach he likes, or collect $24m this year and be a free agent next year, and Washington has botched it so badly he has all the leverage to do that. He will easily command a monster contract if he hits free agency because he'll be the first pretty good free agent QB with actual history that hits the market (without injury risk).

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

Watched a lot of patrick mahones footage from draftbreakdown.com last night before bed. I'm all in on drafting him now.

Now someone tell me how i'm either wrong, he sucks, or he won't be around by the time the Chiefs pick him.

Also, draftbreakdown is great.

His footwork is just awful. Like remember when JeffersonLives talked about Cam having bad footwork, that was nothing like what Mahomes does. Sometimes it's so bad it's the type of thing you would feel obligated to stop and correct in someone else's child if you saw them doing it in a park to save them from future ridicule. His arm is good but feeds into bad habits because he feels like he can trust it over, you know, like stepping into throws or not throwing across his body back over the middle or any of a whole bunch of terrible habits he has.

Having said that I like him, but I certainly don't want him to start right away and could live with him sitting for two years. Which is a problem because if you draft someone in the first or second round the expectation is that they'll be worth something sooner than that.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

evilweasel posted:

He wants to play for a coach he likes, or collect $24m this year and be a free agent next year, and Washington has botched it so badly he has all the leverage to do that. He will easily command a monster contract if he hits free agency because he'll be the first pretty good free agent QB with actual history that hits the market (without injury risk).

and he's young--his history isn't amazing, but he's young and that matters a ton right now. Talent-wise, he's basically a Joe Flacco*, but that's good enough to win you a Super Bowl with the right team.

e: Seriously amazing to me that Washington botched this so badly

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Feb 28, 2017

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
lmao Washington could have had Cousins locked up for like 15m a year 2 years ago

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

FizFashizzle posted:

Washington imploding is as unsurprising as anyone wanting to go to san francisco is surprising.

Cousins love love loves Shanahan.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

FizFashizzle posted:

so he'll be tagged after next year too

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

His footwork is just awful. Like remember when JeffersonLives talked about Cam having bad footwork, that was nothing like what Mahomes does. Sometimes it's so bad it's the type of thing you would feel obligated to stop and correct in someone else's child if you saw them doing it in a park to save them from future ridicule. His arm is good but feeds into bad habits because he feels like he can trust it over, you know, like stepping into throws or not throwing across his body back over the middle or any of a whole bunch of terrible habits he has.

Having said that I like him, but I certainly don't want him to start right away and could live with him sitting for two years. Which is a problem because if you draft someone in the first or second round the expectation is that they'll be worth something sooner than that.

Ok, so draft him and have him sit behind Smith or some other guy for a year or so. I'm down with that.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

TheChirurgeon posted:

and he's young--his history isn't amazing, but he's young and that matters a ton right now. Talent-wise, he's basically a Joe Flacco*, but that's good enough to win you a Super Bowl with the right team.

e: Seriously amazing to me that Washington botched this so badly

Cousins is way better than Flacco

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Why is there an asterisk next to Flacco?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Eli Wiggum posted:

I was going to edit that to say *around the same level, not similar in terms of their specific talents, then just forgot to add the extra part

I Cousins is better than Flacco, but not "way better"

vvvv I should have said that

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 28, 2017

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Eli Wiggum posted:

His eliteness remains in question

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

Ok, so draft him and have him sit behind Smith or some other guy for a year or so. I'm down with that.

Yeah if they take a QB this is what I hope happens. The other thing I'd be ok with at the moment is if Watson falls all the way to the Chiefs pick, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. And it'd be a lot less exciting either way, Watson has a lot lower ceiling (and frankly I don't really believe in him, but if they get him at 27 and Andy believes in him I'll live with it). It's unlikely to come to pass but Mahomes ceiling is absolutely ridiculous, he has so many tools if he ever puts things together and stops doing stupid poo poo.

These are all pre-combine thoughts of course, have they announced which QBs will be throwing this week?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Nodoze posted:

Cousins is way better than Flacco

I'm not really sure that's true.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Shady leaving Buffalo?

http://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2017/02/26/does-lesean-mccoys-message-on-twitter-mean-bills-days-are-done/

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah if they take a QB this is what I hope happens. The other thing I'd be ok with at the moment is if Watson falls all the way to the Chiefs pick, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen. And it'd be a lot less exciting either way, Watson has a lot lower ceiling (and frankly I don't really believe in him, but if they get him at 27 and Andy believes in him I'll live with it). It's unlikely to come to pass but Mahomes ceiling is absolutely ridiculous, he has so many tools if he ever puts things together and stops doing stupid poo poo.

These are all pre-combine thoughts of course, have they announced which QBs will be throwing this week?

Just some QBs saying they "plan to do everything."

If Watson falls to the late teens, I could see people screaming for the Chiefs to trade up.

I also cannot imagine a scenario in which Dorsey uses any picks to trade up, so...

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Apparently that tweet was in reference to a signing/function he was doing.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

It got posted/discussed in this thread when that tweet was posted, if he was actually leaving we'd have heard about it by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Ah fair enough... as you were then

• Locked thread